• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhism True Happiness

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
True Happiness :veryhappymunda:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6C1upfVJR3Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6C1upfVJR3Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
Happiness is achieved by doing what you have come in this life to do. Delaying something brings dissatisfaction. For example, what should be the right age of marrying?( a topic of a new discussion?!!)
definition of RIGHT may differ by circumstances but there may be some defining identifiers which can indicate the point in one's life when he/she should get married.
I am not sure about how to identify/define these signs.
What I feel is that an early marriage than current norm may bring better/ developed society. it will hasten the life experience/learning curve and leave more time with people to focus on ultimate happiness.
On practical point, it will leave more time in youthful age to focus on what one likes to do in life besides studying, bringingup kids, developing carreer. More responsibilty and direction also makes a person focussed on own life rather than wasting away youth and looking for ways to spend time. It is during this period, youth gets distracted by excessive drugs/ alcohol and other vices.
Some naive ideas:stirpot:

Embers

SPNer
Aug 10, 2009
EU
Hi Ballym ji
I feel you are on to something and agree it is difficult to determine when the point of change or direction begins. :)

You stimulated me to think about this. :) From personal experience it appears to be right when it happens. It is the restrospection which brings this fact to light. That which happens almost effortlessly is that which appears to be our destiny. I think it could be summarised as acceptance rather than self will. Of course there is still some "doing" involved, we still need to get on with things.

When I married my wife I realised my spiritual purpose had broadened. That realisation wasn't immediate, it dawned on me in retrospect after the excitement of the wedding. My life has been much richer since then and I am sure it was destiny. In fact my life came to the point where it was no longer just about "me", but a sense of me giving way to an expansion of the beauty of existance and all that life has to offer. It is difficult to put the feeling into words.:eek: It just felt right. These changed were helped a lot by understanding that there is no difference between me and another, we are One, we all exist in and are blessed by Akhal Purakh. With this understanding there is peace and happiness (bliss) even in apparent conflict as all the parts come together.

Respectfully, Ambers.

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
yes, very well brought out. I think it is also helped by the fact/ feeling that we are helping someone, giving out to someone. They may be your own wife and kids, in-laws. But the sense of giving brings a little fulfilment. It gives direction.
Before marriage, that urge of giving to parents/siblings may be weaker than the one mentioned above.
may be this urge controls relationship of husband and wife. For example, if one is more attached with parents/siblings, he/she may not be inclined to get that fulfilment by serving his/her spouse. ... I guess I am extending it too far:shock:
But in general, marriage brings focus,direction and purpose. So, earlier the better. My experience is based on people around me who started thinking about life after marriage. You must have heard for boys without job or having irresponsible kind of life...... " marry him off, he will be OK". majority of times it works well.
So, marrying a little early may be good. But it should never be late.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
True happiness begins when one is able to change mother in law's frown on her forehead to a smile on her face.

Does this mean that true happiness is like chasing rainbows,or utopia?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: