• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurus Travels Of Guru Nanak

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Dhan dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji travelled distant places to initiate inter-faith dialogue, and to preach values for humanity and worthy life

Attachments

• GuruNanak2tibet.jpg
    GuruNanak2tibet.jpg
    42.8 KB · Reads: 402
Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Yes there is a sort of bigger map which shows that Guru did visit rome,Africa(Habsh Desh) and Nanking(China) but is based upon some other book.Das will try to bring out that map if possbile but this much area covered is confirmed while rest Area covered as das mentioned above seems to be doubtful.

Our respected Gyani Sahib did object about city of nanking being named after Guru(Das hold this objection valid).So it is possbile that city could not be named after Guru yet he could have visited there after city was laready named nanking in chinese(nothing foec aste but mere coincident),yet he is the holy men who treveled perhaps largest part of the world then anyother

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Amardeep said:
who is this das u keep talking about?
:)

vijaydeep veer ji addresses himself as 'Das' which means a humble sewak (servant).

I hope Das explained this clearly. Oh btw, I addressed 'Das' in this sentence to myself :wah:

Further, I had read articles where 'Nanking' in China is just a coincidence and not named after Guru Nanak Dev ji.

max314

SPNer
May 28, 2006
Isn't it amazing?

The Master travels half the globe on foot...and when he finally reaches enilghetnment, he returns to his field and raises his family.

Interestingly enough, Buddha did the same.

The moral of the story?

Love God...but like anything else, do not become obsessed. Nanak was a man obsessed with 'finding' God, and once he finally reached his goal, he realised that his duty as a human being was to his life.

That's why "kirt karo" is listed above "naam japo".

To live a moderate life is what is important.

Jul 10, 2006
max314 said:
Isn't it amazing?

Love God...but like anything else, do not become obsessed. Nanak was a man obsessed with 'finding' God, and once he finally reached his goal, he realised that his duty as a human being was to his life.

Max, I think your statement is harsh and incorrect. Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji was not a man "obsessed".
Where do you came with this type statement I wonder sometimes!

Read the heading of the map posted by arvind "Dhan dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji travelled distant places to initiate inter-faith dialogue, and to preach values for humanity and worthy life".

max314

SPNer
May 28, 2006
kaur-1 said:
Max, I think your statement is harsh and incorrect. Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji was not a man "obsessed".
Where do you came with this type statement I wonder sometimes!

A man who starts counting and gets stuck on the number thirteen and keeps repeating "téra, téra, téra..." is a man "obsessed".

There's nothing wrong with that. Why do you perceive that there is? Had it not been for his obsession, he would not have taught what he taught.

Don't get so defensive.

"Only with a clear mind,
Can one see what they have set out to find."

Read the heading of the map posted by arvind "Dhan dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji travelled distant places to initiate inter-faith dialogue, and to preach values for humanity and worthy life".

And what, may I ask, is the point you are making?

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Isn't it amazing?

The Master travels half the globe on foot...and when he finally reaches enilghetnment, he returns to his field and raises his family.

The moral of the story?

Dear Max

Where did you read this story can you share it here on forum in bit detail about Guru Nanak Geting enlightened and returning back Home
I Have also Heard a story since childhood about Guru Nanak Disappearing in River for three days and then coming back with God's Message - Many people Point this as day he got enlightened , does your story also includes this event ?
As I understand about the moral of story you told , I think it is the obsession with the IDEA OF GOD you are refering to , that can happen only when you still waiting to get Enlightened with Grace of god .And once it Happens nothing else remains except the God so no obsession.

Also can you also give the source of

Your post was interesting and thought provoking as always

Thanks

Jatinder Singh

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
A man who starts counting and gets stuck on the number thirteen and keeps repeating "téra, téra, téra..." is a man "obsessed".

And what, may I ask, is the point you are making?

Firstly the point is that Guru Nanak Dev Ji travelled the world not to find God but to spread the message of universal truth and breakdown false barriers that had been erected by people following the religions at the time.

Secondly, where is your source about the story relating to tera? Please support your claims that Guru Nanak was obsessed?

karam

SPNer
Aug 11, 2010
Isn't it amazing?

The moral of the story?

To live a moderate life is what is important.
I disagree with your assumption that he travelled all over in search of God and came home enlightened, he was born enlightened, he left home to enlighten the world, not to enlighten himself

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM