• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Tongue And Its Deployment?

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
AMimRq vylw scu nwau vifAweI vIcwru ] (2-5, jpu, mÚ 1)
In the Amrit Vaylaa, the ambrosial hours before dawn, chant the True Name, and contemplate His Glorious Greatness

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
bwhrhu haumY khY khwey ] (412-7, Awsw, mÚ 1)
5.One who speaks egotistically in public,
AMdrhu mukqu lypu kdy n lwey ] (412-7, Awsw, mÚ 1)
never attains liberation within.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
ggY goie gwie ijin CofI glI goibdu grib BieAw ] (432-16, Awsw, mÚ 1)
Gagga: One who renounces the singing of the songs of the Lord of the Universe, becomes arrogant in his speech.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
What to speak

AMqir guru AwrwDxw ijhvw jip gur nwau ] (517-15, gUjrI, mÚ 5)
Deep within yourself, worship the Guru in adoration, and with your tongue, chant the Guru's Name.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kindly go through the following.Its a rarest collection. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Select Writings[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Zafarnama by Guru Gobind Singh[/FONT]

The Sikhism Home Page: Select Writings
flowrule.gif

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Senses - Instruments of communication

Indarian - the tools of information.

There are ten organs which are the tools of body for it to function so that the mind can manifest itself. These are grouped under the name of Indrian. There are five Karam Indrian (for working - action), and five Gian Indrian (for information). Some count Mind as an extra Indri, and it is the projection of brain. Desires arise in the mind and these are main operators of Indrian (senses). When desires make Indrian to operate, these become dynamic or active. On the appeasement of desires, Indrian settle down and become passive or static.A. KARAM INDRIANFunctional Organs. These are the tools of action of the body and execute the commands of the brain.
  1. Hands - Two, to carry out the commands of brain to work.
    Feet - Two, to move the body; walk, run, etc.
    Tongue - It is to communicate through speech and express the mind. The tongue is mentioned for this purpose but in fact, the voice is produced by the voice box (Larynx) in the throat. Tongue, palate, mouth (Lips and teeth) and nose modify the sound from the sound box in the throat to change it into speech and hollow bones in the cheeks magnify it. As well, the tongue helps in eating and also tells taste.
    Outlet of urine - body waste. Urethra and sex organs go together. The old literature does not make a clear mention of the reproductive (sex) organs. **** - To expel the body waste.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Thee are sensory tools of body.
Eyes - two, to see.
Nose - one, to smell.
Ears - two, to hear.
Tongue - as the organ of taste.
Skin - to transmit the sensation of heat, cold and touch. Bones transmit the sense of vibration, and these are included with the skin. Perhaps, the role of bones was not understood in the ancient times.​

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
ijin ijhvw hir rsu n ciKE sw ijhvw jil jwau ] (558-18, vfhMsu, mÚ 3)
That tongue, which does not savor the sublime essence of the Lord - may that tongue be burned off!

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Grace
ndir quDu Ardwis myrI ijMin Awpu aupwieAw ] (566-4, vfhMsu, mÚ 1)
It is Yours to bestow Your Grace, and it is mine to speak this prayer; You created Yourself.
qw mY kihAw khxu jw quJY khwieAw ]2] (566-5, vfhMsu, mÚ 1)
When I have spoken, I spoke as You made me speak.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM