• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Today's Hukumnama

May 17, 2007
India..

[June 7, 2007, Thursday 04:30 AM. IST]
soriT mhlw 5 ]
hm mYly qum aUjl krqy hm inrgun qU dwqw ] hm mUrK qum cqur isAwxy qU srb klw kw igAwqw ]1] mwDo hm AYsy qU AYsw ] hm pwpI qum pwp KMfn nIko Twkur dysw ] rhwau ] qum sB swjy swij invwjy jIau ipMfu dy pRwnw ] inrgunIAwry gunu nhI koeI qum dwnu dyhu imhrvwnw ]2] qum krhu Blw hm Blo n jwnh qum sdw sdw dieAwlw ] qum suKdweI purK ibDwqy qum rwKhu Apuny bwlw ]3] qum inDwn Atl suilqwn jIA jMq siB jwcY ] khu nwnk hm iehY hvwlw rwKu sMqn kY pwCY ]4]6]17]

vIrvwr, 24 jyT (sMmq 539 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 613)

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw
:
soriT mhlw 5 ]
hy pRBU! AsIN jIv ivkwrW dI mYl nwl Bry rihMdy hW, qMU swnMU piv`qr krn vwlw hYN[ AsIN gux-hIn hW, qMU swnMU gux b^Sx vwlw hY[ AsIN jIv mUrK hW, qMU dwnw hYN qMU isAwxw hYN, qMU swnMU cMgw bxw skx vwly swry hunrW dw jwxn vwlw hYN[1[ hy pRBU! AsIN jIv ieho ijhy (ivkwrI) hW, qy, qMU ieho ijhw aupkwrI hYN[ AsIN pwp kmwaux vwly hW, qMU swfy pwpW dw nws krn vwlw hYN[ hy Twkur! qyrw dys sohxw hY, auh dys-swD sMgiq sohxw hY ij`Qy qMU v`sdw hYN[ rhwau[ hy pRBU! qMU ijMd srIr pRwx dy ky swry jIvW nMU pYdw kIqw hY, pYdw kr ky sB auqy b^SS krdw hYN[ hy myhrvwn! AsIN jIv gux-hIn hW, swfy ivc koeI gux nhIN hYN[ qMU swnMU guxW dI dwiq b^Sdw hYN[2[ hy pRBU! qMU swfy vwsqy BilAweI krdw hYN, pr AsIN qyrI BilAweI dI kdr nhIN jwxdy[ iPr BI qMU swfy au~qy sdw hI dieAwvwn rihMdw hYN[ hy srb-ivAwpk isrjxhwr! qMU swnMU suK dyx vwlw hYN, qMU swfI Awpxy b`icAW dI rwKI krdw hYN[3[ hy pRBU jI! qusIN swry guxW dy ^zwny ho[ qusIN sdw kwiem rihx vwly bwdSwh ho[ swry jIv qyry dr qoN mMgdy hn[ hy nwnk! AwK (hy pRBU!) swfw jIvW dw qW ieh hI hwl hY[ qMU swnMU sMq jnW dy Awsry ivc r`K[4[6[17[
[SIZE=-1]English Translation :[/SIZE]
SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:
We are filthy, and You are immaculate, O Creator Lord; we are worthless, and You are the Great Giver. We are fools, and You are wise and all-knowing. You are the knower of all things. || 1 || O Lord, this is what we are, and this is what You are. We are sinners, and You are the Destroyer of sins. Your abode is so beautiful, O Lord and Master. || Pause || You fashion all, and having fashioned them, You bless them. You bestow upon them soul, body and the breath of life. We are worthless — we have no virtue at all; please, bless us with Your gift, O Merciful Lordand Master. || 2 || You do good for us, but we do not see it as good; You are kind and compassionate, forever and ever. You are the Giver of peace, the Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny; please, save us, Your children! || 3 || You are the treasure, eternal Lord King; all beings and creatures beg of You. Says Nanak, such is our condition; please, Lord, keep us on the Path of the Saints. || 4 || 6 || 17 ||

Thursday 24th Jayt’h (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi)(Page: 613

Last edited by a moderator:
May 17, 2007
India..
I shall be posting Hukumnama by this time. However, due to net- connectivity being not so reliable these days anyone of us may post the Hukumnama here.

sachchasoda

SPNer
Mar 19, 2007
wow luv4u dear, you can read punjabi in Georgia font- can you please tell me what school teaches that.

Mool Mantra by the end of your post is appearing in punjabi,can you change your geogia punjabi for gurbani and its trasliteration into the same punjabi font so that moors like me can read it please.

thanks

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Respected all

The font thing continues to be a BIG problem. It has taken me months to figure this out.

Luv4u is writing and reading what is called the Roman transliteration alphabet system. Actually any font can be used in the Roman system to render transliterations of verses from the original Guru. Georgia font, arial, courier and so forth can all be used in the Roman transliteration system. It changes Gurmurki script to the Roman alphabet based on the original sounds of Gurmurki -- but not the original script.

Example in Roman transliteration alphabet:  scu gur kI swKI AMimRq BwKI iqqu mnu mwinAw myrw. Use your font library and you can rewrite this is any Gurbani font and recognize that it is Gurmurki text.

In theory anyone who began life using the Roman alphabet can use this system to understand the Guru without having to learn the Gurmurki script. The fonts used for the Gurmurki script are also numerous, for example Gurbani Web-thick.

Oh how I hate sounding like a know-it-all.

But Roman transliteration is actually the only way I can read Gurmurki. So if everything were written in the Gurmurki script, I'd have to give up completely.

Gurmurki script is better than the Roman system because it is completely regular and systematic and the Roman transliteration system is not. There are several letters that change sound depending on where they are in a word. This does not happen with Gurmurki script and I wish I had not started with the Roman system because it is a pain.

I WOULD RESPECTFULLY ASK WHENEVER POSSIBLE THAT BOTH ROMAN AND GURBANI FONTS BE USED SO THE PEOPLE WHO STARTED IN THE ROMAN SYSTEM CAN STILL FOLLOW WHAT IS HAPPENING. AND THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE GURMURKI SCRIPT CAN ALSO FOLLOW WHAT IS HAPPENING. I promise I will try to do this too.

Hope everyone is laughing now and not too cross with me because God is always cheerful.

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
June 7, 2007

Gurmukhi version:

soriT mhlw 5 ]
hm mYly qum aUjl krqy hm inrgun qU dwqw ] hm mUrK qum cqur isAwxy qU srb klw kw igAwqw ]1] mwDo hm AYsy qU AYsw ] hm pwpI qum pwp KMfn nIko Twkur dysw ] rhwau ] qum sB swjy swij invwjy jIau ipMfu dy pRwnw ] inrgunIAwry gunu nhI koeI qum dwnu dyhu imhrvwnw ]2] qum krhu Blw hm Blo n jwnh qum sdw sdw dieAwlw ] qum suKdweI purK ibDwqy qum rwKhu Apuny bwlw ]3] qum inDwn Atl suilqwn jIA jMq siB jwcY ] khu nwnk hm iehY hvwlw rwKu sMqn kY pwCY ]4]6]17]

translation:

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :
hy pRBU! AsIN jIv ivkwrW dI mYl nwl Bry rihMdy hW, qMU swnMU piv`qr krn vwlw hYN[ AsIN gux-hIn hW, qMU swnMU gux b^Sx vwlw hY[ AsIN jIv mUrK hW, qMU dwnw hYN qMU isAwxw hYN, qMU swnMU cMgw bxw skx vwly swry hunrW dw jwxn vwlw hYN[1[ hy pRBU! AsIN jIv ieho ijhy (ivkwrI) hW, qy, qMU ieho ijhw aupkwrI hYN[ AsIN pwp kmwaux vwly hW, qMU swfy pwpW dw nws krn vwlw hYN[ hy Twkur! qyrw dys sohxw hY, auh dys-swD sMgiq sohxw hY ij`Qy qMU v`sdw hYN[ rhwau[ hy pRBU! qMU ijMd srIr pRwx dy ky swry jIvW nMU pYdw kIqw hY, pYdw kr ky sB auqy b^SS krdw hYN[ hy myhrvwn! AsIN jIv gux-hIn hW, swfy ivc koeI gux nhIN hYN[ qMU swnMU guxW dI dwiq b^Sdw hYN[2[ hy pRBU! qMU swfy vwsqy BilAweI krdw hYN, pr AsIN qyrI BilAweI dI kdr nhIN jwxdy[ iPr BI qMU swfy au~qy sdw hI dieAwvwn rihMdw hYN[ hy srb-ivAwpk isrjxhwr! qMU swnMU suK dyx vwlw hYN, qMU swfI Awpxy b`icAW dI rwKI krdw hYN[3[ hy pRBU jI! qusIN swry guxW dy ^zwny ho[ qusIN sdw kwiem rihx vwly bwdSwh ho[ swry jIv qyry dr qoN mMgdy hn[ hy nwnk! AwK (hy pRBU!) swfw jIvW dw qW ieh hI hwl hY[ qMU swnMU sMq jnW dy Awsry ivc r`K[4[6[17[

i hope this helps.

humbly asking for everbody's forgiveness

May 17, 2007
India..
Hi Friend Sacha jeo,

I have to state that the font used for English is Georgia. In gurbani I have in the computer anmollipilight /anmollipithick/and two or three other fonts. I am frankly, speaking, not sure the font that is picked up by the computer by default. I shall let you know by trying out a few. Yes, I can read gurmukhi very well and know a bit of German as well .Hope you would be knowing some other languages as well. Let me know please.

Respected Aad ji., I shall definetly post in the roman format as well.I may take some time as I have never used iot myself. Kindly bear with me for a day or two ,I hope to get acquainted with Roman or transliteration etc.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Luv4u

You are already posting in Roman. Thank you for being so kind. The Roman alphabetic system is what you are using already. What I was saying is that Georgia font is just one of 100 fonts that Roman can be written in. Just as Gurbani Web-thick is one of many fonts that Gurbani script can be written in.

Roman transliteration is just another alphabetic system for writing the Gurmurki of the Guru.

And you are correct. The Georgia font is probabaly a default font.

Don't do anything different! You are doing a great job.

And Surinder ji

That is a good example of Gurmurki written in Roman text. Punjabi can be written in Roman text also.

as in

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :

Gurmurki and Punjabi are languages. Gurbani and Roman are alphabets. Georgia and Gurban-Webthick are fonts.

Should I back out now?

May 17, 2007
India..
[June 8, 2007, Friday 04:30 AM. IST]

slok mÚ 3 ]

Kyiq imAwlw aucIAw Gru aucw inrxau ] mhl BgqI Gir srY sjx pwhuixAau ] brsnw q brsu Gnw bhuiV brsih kwih ] nwnk iqn@ bilhwrxY ijn@ gurmuiK pwieAw mn mwih ]੧] mÚ 3 ] imTw so jo Bwvdw sjxu so ij rwis ] nwnk gurmuiK jwxIAY jw kau Awip kry prgwsu ]2] pauVI ] pRB pwis jn kI Ardwis qU scw sWeI ] qU rKvwlw sdw sdw hau quDu iDAweI ] jIA jMq siB qyirAw qU rihAw smweI ] jo dws qyry kI inMdw kry iqsu mwir pcweI ] icMqw Cif AicMqu rhu nwnk lig pweI ]2੧]

slok mÚ 3 ]
Kyiq imAwlw aucIAw Gru aucw inrxau ] mhl BgqI Gir srY sjx pwhuixAau ] brsnw q brsu Gnw bhuiV brsih kwih ] nwnk iqn@ bilhwrxY ijn@ gurmuiK pwieAw mn mwih ]੧] mÚ 3 ] imTw so jo Bwvdw sjxu so ij rwis ] nwnk gurmuiK jwxIAY jw kau Awip kry prgwsu ]2] pauVI ] pRB pwis jn kI Ardwis qU scw sWeI ] qU rKvwlw sdw sdw hau quDu iDAweI ] jIA jMq siB qyirAw qU rihAw smweI ] jo dws qyry kI inMdw kry iqsu mwir pcweI ] icMqw Cif AicMqu rhu nwnk lig pweI ]2੧]

Sukrvwr, 25 jyT (sMmq 539 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 517)

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :
slok mÚ 3 ]
b`dl vyK ky (j`t) pYlI ivc v`tW au~cIAW kr dyNdw hY (qy vrKw dw pwxI aus pYlI ivc Aw KloNdw hY), (iqvyN hI, ijs jIv-) iesq®I dy ihrdy ivc BgqI (dw auCwlw) AwauNdw hY auQy pRBU pRwhuxw bx ky (Bwv, rihx leI) AwauNdw hY [ hy myG! (hy siqgurU!) jy (nwm dI) vrKw krnI hY qW vrKw (hux) kr, (myrI aumr ivhw jwx qy) Pyr kwhdy leI vrKw kryNgw? hy nwnk! mYN sdky hW auhnW qoN ijnHW ny gurU dI rwhIN pRBU ƒ ihrdy ivc l`B ilAw hY [1[ (Asl) ipAwrw pdwrQ auh hY jo sdw cMgw l`gdw rhy, (Asl) im`q® auh hY ijs nwl sdw bxI rhy (pr ‘dUjw Bwv’ nwh sdw cMgw l`gdw hY nwh sdw nwl inBdw hY), hy nwnk! ijs dy AMdr pRBU Awp cwnx kry aus ƒ gurU dI rwhIN ieh smJ pYNdI hY [2[ pRBU dy syvk dI Ardwis pRBU dI hzUrI ivc (ieauN huMdI) hY—(hy pRBU!) qUM sdw rihx vwlw mwlk hYN, qUµ sdw hI rwKw hYN, mYN qYƒ ismrdw hW, swry jIAw jMq qyry hI hn, qUM iehnW ivc mOjUd hYN [ jo mnu`K qyrI bMdgI krn vwly dI inMidAw krdw hY qUM aus ƒ (Awqmk mOqy) mwr ky ^uAwr krdw hYN [ hy nwnk! qUM BI pRBU dI crnIN l`g qy (dunIAw vwlI) icMqw C`f ky by-i&kr ho rhu [21[

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :
slok mÚ 3 ]

b`dl vyK ky (j`t) pYlI ivc v`tW au~cIAW kr dyNdw hY (qy vrKw dw pwxI aus pYlI ivc Aw KloNdw hY), (iqvyN hI, ijs jIv-) iesq®I dy ihrdy ivc BgqI (dw auCwlw) AwauNdw hY auQy pRBU pRwhuxw bx ky (Bwv, rihx leI) AwauNdw hY [ hy myG! (hy siqgurU!) jy (nwm dI) vrKw krnI hY qW vrKw (hux) kr, (myrI aumr ivhw jwx qy) Pyr kwhdy leI vrKw kryNgw? hy nwnk! mYN sdky hW auhnW qoN ijnHW ny gurU dI rwhIN pRBU ƒ ihrdy ivc l`B ilAw hY [1[ (Asl) ipAwrw pdwrQ auh hY jo sdw cMgw l`gdw rhy, (Asl) im`q® auh hY ijs nwl sdw bxI rhy (pr ‘dUjw Bwv’ nwh sdw cMgw l`gdw hY nwh sdw nwl inBdw hY), hy nwnk! ijs dy AMdr pRBU Awp cwnx kry aus ƒ gurU dI rwhIN ieh smJ pYNdI hY [2[ pRBU dy syvk dI Ardwis pRBU dI hzUrI ivc (ieauN huMdI) hY—(hy pRBU!) qUM sdw rihx vwlw mwlk hYN, qUµ sdw hI rwKw hYN, mYN qYƒ ismrdw hW, swry jIAw jMq qyry hI hn, qUM iehnW ivc mOjUd hYN [ jo mnu`K qyrI bMdgI krn vwly dI inMidAw krdw hY qUM aus ƒ (Awqmk mOqy) mwr ky ^uAwr krdw hYN [ hy nwnk! qUM BI pRBU dI crnIN l`g qy (dunIAw vwlI) icMqw C`f ky by-i&kr ho rhu [21[
SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:
Raising the embankments of the mind’s field, I gaze at the heavenly mansion. When devotion comes to the mind of the soul-bride, she is visited by the friendly guest. O clouds, if you are going to rain, then go ahead and rain; why rain after the season has passed? Nanak is a sacrifice to those Gurmukhs who obtain the Lord in their minds. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: That which is pleasing is sweet, and one who is sincere is a friend. O Nanak, he is known as a Gurmukh, whom the Lord Himself enlightens. || 2 || PAUREE: O God, Your humble servant offers his prayer to You; You are my True Master. You are my Protector, forever and ever; I meditate on You. All the beings and creatures are Yours; You are pervading and permeating in them. One who slanders Your slave is crushed and destroyed. Falling at Your Feet, Nanak has renounced his cares, and has become care-free. || 21 ||

Friday 25th Jayt’h (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 517)

May 17, 2007
India..
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][June 9, 2007, Saturday 04:30 AM. IST][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]

rwgu DnwisrI mhlw 3 Gru 4 <> siqgur pRswid ]
hm BIKk ByKwrI qyry qU inj piq hY dwqw ] hohu dYAwl nwmu dyhu mMgq jn kMau sdw rhau rMig rwqw ]1] hMau bilhwrY jwau swcy qyry nwm ivthu ] krx kwrx sBnw kw eyko Avru n dUjw koeI ]1] rhwau ] bhuqy Pyr pey ikrpn kau Ab ikCu ikrpw kIjY ] hohu dieAwl drsnu dyhu Apunw AYsI bKs krIjY ]2] Bniq nwnk Brm pt KUl@y gur prswdI jwinAw ] swcI ilv lwgI hY BIqir siqgur isau mnu mwinAw ]3]1]9] SnIvwr, 26 jyT (sMmq 539 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 666)
rwgu DnwisrI mhlw 3 Gru 4
<> siqgur pRswid ]
hm BIKk ByKwrI qyry qU inj piq hY dwqw ] hohu dYAwl nwmu dyhu mMgq jn kMau sdw rhau rMig rwqw ]1] hMau bilhwrY jwau swcy qyry nwm ivthu ] krx kwrx sBnw kw eyko Avru n dUjw koeI ]1] rhwau ] bhuqy Pyr pey ikrpn kau Ab ikCu ikrpw kIjY ] hohu dieAwl drsnu dyhu Apunw AYsI bKs krIjY ]2] Bniq nwnk Brm pt KUl@y gur prswdI jwinAw ] swcI ilv lwgI hY BIqir siqgur isau mnu mwinAw ]3]1]9]

SnIvwr, 26 jyT (sMmq 539 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 666)

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :
rwgu DnwisrI mhlw 3 Gru 4 <> siqgur pRswid ]

hy pRBU! mYN qyry sdw kwiem rihx vwly nwm qoN sdky jWdw hW [ qUM swry jgq dw mUl hYN; qUM hI sB jIvW dw pYdw krn vwlw hYN koeI hor (qyry vrgw) nhIN hY [1[rhwau[ hy pRBU! AsI jIv qyry (dr dy) mMgqy hW, qUM suqMqr rih ky sB ƒ dwqW dyx vwlw hYN [ hy pRBU! myry auqy dieAwvwn ho [ mYƒ mMgqy ƒ Awpxw nwm dyh (qw ik) mYN sdw qyry pRym-rMg ivc rMigAw rhW [1[ hy pRBU! mYƒ mwieAw-vyVHy ƒ (hux qk mrn dy) AnykW gyV pY cuky hn, hux qW myry auqy kuJ myhr kr [ hy pRBU! myry auqy dieAwvwn ho [ myry auqy ieho ijhI b^SS kr ik mYƒ Awpxw dIdwr b^S [2[ hy BweI! nwnk AwKdw hY—gurU dI ikrpw nwl ijs mnu`K dy Brm dy prdy KulH jWdy hn, aus dI (prmwqmw nwl) fUMGI sWJ bx jWdI hY [ aus dy ihrdy ivc (prmwqmw nwl) sdw kwiem rihx vwlI lgn l`g jWdI hY, gurU nwl aus dw mn pqIj jWdw hY [3[1[9[

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :
rwgu DnwisrI mhlw 3 Gru 4

<> siqgur pRswid ]
hy pRBU! mYN qyry sdw kwiem rihx vwly nwm qoN sdky jWdw hW [ qUM swry jgq dw mUl hYN; qUM hI sB jIvW dw pYdw krn vwlw hYN koeI hor (qyry vrgw) nhIN hY [1[rhwau[ hy pRBU! AsI jIv qyry (dr dy) mMgqy hW, qUM suqMqr rih ky sB ƒ dwqW dyx vwlw hYN [ hy pRBU! myry auqy dieAwvwn ho [ mYƒ mMgqy ƒ Awpxw nwm dyh (qw ik) mYN sdw qyry pRym-rMg ivc rMigAw rhW [1[ hy pRBU! mYƒ mwieAw-vyVHy ƒ (hux qk mrn dy) AnykW gyV pY cuky hn, hux qW myry auqy kuJ myhr kr [ hy pRBU! myry auqy dieAwvwn ho [ myry auqy ieho ijhI b^SS kr ik mYƒ Awpxw dIdwr b^S [2[ hy BweI! nwnk AwKdw hY—gurU dI ikrpw nwl ijs mnu`K dy Brm dy prdy KulH jWdy hn, aus dI (prmwqmw nwl) fUMGI sWJ bx jWdI hY [ aus dy ihrdy ivc (prmwqmw nwl) sdw kwiem rihx vwlI lgn l`g jWdI hY, gurU nwl aus dw mn pqIj jWdw hY [3[1[9[
RAAG DHANAASAREE, THIRD MEHL, FOURTH HOUSE:
ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:
I am just a poor beggar of Yours; You are Your Own Lord Master, You are the Great Giver. Be Merciful, and bless me, a humble beggar, with Your Name, so that I may forever remain imbued with Your Love. || 1 || I am a sacrifice to Your Name, O True Lord. The One Lord is the Cause of causes; there is no other at all. || 1 || Pause || I was wretched; I wandered through so many cycles of reincarnation. Now, Lord, please bless me with Your Grace. Be merciful, and grant me the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan; please grant me such a gift. || 2 || Prays Nanak, the shutters of doubt have been opened wide; by Guru’s Grace, I have come to know the Lord. I am filled to overflowing with true love; my mind is pleased and appeased by the True Guru. || 3 || 1 || 9 ||

Saturday 26th Jayt’h (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 666)

May 17, 2007
India..
What is the Hukamnama? Importance in Sikhi

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]'Hukamnama' is a Persian word meaning a royal decree.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] In the Sikh context this is considered the Guru's word's of wisdom for the day. Sri Guru Granth Sahib is opened randomly to any page and the shabad on that page becomes the days Hukam (command). This practice dates back to the time when Sri Guru Granth Sahib was first installed in Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in 1604. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The daily Hukamnama presented here comes from Sri Guru Granth Sahib at Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in Amritsar.[/FONT]

May 17, 2007
India..
The following will be useful for this thread and hence the following is produced so that the thread remains self-sufficient.

GOD IN SIKHISM

The definition of God is given in the very opening sentence of Guru Granth Sahib, which is called Mool-Mantar (Preamble of Japji):
  • There is but One God
    He is the Eternal Truth
    The Creator, All-Pervading Divine Spirit
    Unfearful, Without hate and enmity
    Immortal Entity, Unborn, Self-Existent, and
    He is realized by His Own Grace.

Meditate upon
    Who was True before the Creation
    Who was True in the beginning of the Creation
    Who is True now, and
    O Nanak, Who shall be True for Ever.
As a matter of fact the whole of Guru Granth Sahib is the explanation of the above definition. The Guru elaborates the concept of God in Rag Sorath:
  • The Unseen, Infinite, Inaccessible, Inapprehensible God is not subject to death or destiny.
    He is of no caste, unborn, self-existent, without fear or doubt.
    I am a sacrifice to the Truest of the true.
    He hath no form, or color, or outline;
    He becometh manifest by the true Word.
    He hath no mother, father, son, or kinsman;
    He feeleth not lust, and hath no wife
    Or family; He is pure, endless, and infinite; all light is Thine, O Lord.
    God is concealed in every heart; His light is in every heart.
    He whose understanding's adamantine doors are opened by
    the Guru's instruction, fixeth his gaze on the Fearless One.
    God having created animals made them subject to death, and retained all contrivances in His Own power.
    He who serveth the True Guru obtaineth the real boon, and is delivered by repeating the Word.
    Truth is contained in pure vessels; few there are whose acts are pure.
    By seeking Thy protection, saith Nanak, the soul blendeth with the Supreme Soul.
    (Sorath Mohalla 1, p-597)
God is both Impersonal (Nirgun) and Personal (Sargun). Impersonal God is Formless and beyond the human reach. When He reveals Himself through His Creation, He becomes related and personal. It is just like the rays coming out of the sun. The source is Formless, and the whole universe is His Personal form. No form howsoever unique it may be, is independent of Him. Infinite can manifest into unlimited number of finites, but any number of finites, alone or together, cannot be equal to the Infinite. So any finite form cannot be worshipped as God, Who is Infinite and Formless:
  • "God is Formless, colorless, markless,
    He is casteless, classless, creedless;
    His form, hue, shape and garb
    Cannot be described by any one,
    He is the Spirit of Eternity,
    Self-Radiant, He shineth in His Splendor."
    (Guru Gobind Singh)
God neither takes birth nor does He die:
  • "Burnt be the tongue that says
    The Lord takes birth and undergoes death."
    (Bhairon Mohalla 5, p-1136)
The Guru warned that he was not God, and those who called him God, should fall into hell:
  • "Whosoever calleth me God
    May fall into hell."
    (Guru Gobind Singh)
i) God protects His saints and devotees from dangers, unless He wills that their sufferings and martyrdom should serve a higher purpose. To protect the righteous is His Sovereign Characteristic (Birdh). In the face of some acute dangers, saints have prayed for aid and intervention of God to help them in distress. God came to their help and protected them in a miraculous way. The stories of Prahlad, Dhru and others, and the autobiographic statements of Namdev and Kabir in Guru Granth Sahib, show His Sovereign Power to protect the righteous. Such miracles are part of the doctrine of divine Providence and Preservation. These supernatural miracles of God should be distinguished from the miracles of human beings performed by their occult powers, which in Sikhism are considered dangerous and unbecoming.
ii) 'As you sow, so shall you reap', leads to the theory of 'Karma', actions, good or bad, where a person is rewarded for his good actions and punished for his bad deeds. Therefore, according to the theory of Karma, a worst sinner will always suffer for his deeds and can never attain salvation. Guru Nanak has rejected this stating that pardoning even the worst sinner is the Sovereign Characteristic (Birdh) of God:
  • "Patat pavan prabh birdh tumaro."
    (Bilawal Mohalla 5, p-829)

'Redeeming the repentant sinner, is Thy Characteristic.'
    (Translation of the above)
The Guru emphasizes that the sinner whom no body affords protection in the whole world, if he surrenders before the Almighty, becomes pure, that is he is blessed by His Grace:
  • "Jis papi kau milai na dhoee Saran aawai ta nirmal hoee."
    (Bhairon Mohalla 5, p-1141)

'The sinner who is patronless in the world When surrenders before God, gets deliverance.'
    (Translation of the above)
The Guru reiterates that to save the saints, to protect the righteous, and even to redeem the repentant sinners is Paramount Characteristic of God.

May 27, 2007
[June 10, 2007, Sunday 04:30 AM. IST]

DnwsrI m: 5]
kir ikrpw dIE moih nwmw bMDn qy Cutkwey ] mn qy ibsirE sglo DMDw gur kI crxI lwey ]1] swDsMig icMq ibrwnI CwfI ] AhMbuiD moh mn bwsn dy kir gfhw gwfI ]1] rhwau ] nw ko myrw dusmnu rihAw n hm iks ky bYrweI ] bRhmu pswru pswirE BIqir siqgur qy soJI pweI ]2] sBu ko mIqu hm Awpn kInw hm sBnw ky swjn ] dUir prwieE mn kw ibrhw qw mylu kIE myrY rwjn ]3] ibnisE FITw AMimRqu vUTw sbdu lgo gur mITw ] jil Qil mhIAil srb invwsI nwnk rmeIAw fITw ]4]3]

AYqvwr, 27 jyT (sMmq 539 nwnkSwhI)
(AMg: 671)
pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :
hy BweI! swD sMgiq ny ikrpw krky mYnUM prmwqmw dw nwm id`qw, qy gurU dI crnIN lw ky mYnUM mwieAw dy bMDnW qoN Cufw ilAw, ijs krky myry mn qoN swrw JgVw-JMbylw lih igAw[1[ hy BweI! swD sMgiq ivc Aw ky mYN prweI Aws C`f id`qI[ haumY, mwieAw dy moh, mn dI vwsnw-iehnW sBnW nUM toAw pu`t ky n`p id`qw (sdw leI d`b id`qw) [1[rhwau[hy BweI! swD sMgiq dI brkiq nwl myrw koeI duSmn nhIN rih igAw, mYnUM koeI vYrI nhIN id`sdw, mYN BI iksy dw vYrI nhIN bxdw[ mYnUM gurU pwsoN ieh smJ pRwpq ho geI hY ik ieh swrw jgq-iKlwrw prmwqmw Awp hI hY, sBnW dy AMdr prmwqmw ny Awp hI Awpxy Awp nUM iKlwirAw hoieAw hY[2[ hy BweI! swD sMgiq dI brkiq nwl hryk pRwxI nUM mYN Awpxw im`qr krky smJdw hW, mYN BI sBnW dw im`qr-s`jx hI bixAw rihMdw hW[ myry mn dw prmwqmw nwloN bixAw hoieAw ivCoVw swD sMgiq dI ikrpw nwl ikqy dUr clw igAw hY, jdoN mYN swD sMgiq dI srn leI, qdoN myry pRBU-pwiqSwh ny mYnUM Awpxy crnW dw imlwp dy id`qw[3[ hy BweI! swD sMgiq dI ikrpw nwl myry mn dw FIT-puxw mu`k igAw hY, myry AMdr Awqmk jIvn dyx vwlw nwm jl Aw v`isAw hY, gurU dw Sbd mYnUM ipAwrw l`g irhw hY[ hy nwnk! AwK-hy BweI! hux mYN jl ivc, DrqI ivc, AwkwS ivc, sB QW v`sx vwly sohxy rwm nUM vyK ilAw hY[4[3[

kir ikrpw dIE moih nwmw bMDn qy Cutkwey ] mn qy ibsirE sglo DMDw gur kI crxI lwey ]1] swDsMig icMq ibrwnI CwfI ] AhMbuiD moh mn bwsn dy kir gfhw gwfI ]1] rhwau ] nw ko myrw dusmnu rihAw n hm iks ky bYrweI ] bRhmu pswru pswirE BIqir siqgur qy soJI pweI ]2] sBu ko mIqu hm Awpn kInw hm sBnw ky swjn ] dUir prwieE mn kw ibrhw qw mylu kIE myrY rwjn ]3] ibnisE FITw AMimRqu vUTw sbdu lgo gur mITw ] jil Qil mhIAil srb invwsI nwnk rmeIAw fITw ]4]3]

AYqvwr, 27 jyT (sMmq 539 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 671)

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :

hy BweI! swD sMgiq ny ikrpw krky mYnUM prmwqmw dw nwm id`qw, qy gurU dI crnIN lw ky mYnUM mwieAw dy bMDnW qoN Cufw ilAw, ijs krky myry mn qoN swrw JgVw-JMbylw lih igAw[1[ hy BweI! swD sMgiq ivc Aw ky mYN prweI Aws C`f id`qI[ haumY, mwieAw dy moh, mn dI vwsnw-iehnW sBnW nUM toAw pu`t ky n`p id`qw (sdw leI d`b id`qw) [1[rhwau[hy BweI! swD sMgiq dI brkiq nwl myrw koeI duSmn nhIN rih igAw, mYnUM koeI vYrI nhIN id`sdw, mYN BI iksy dw vYrI nhIN bxdw[ mYnUM gurU pwsoN ieh smJ pRwpq ho geI hY ik ieh swrw jgq-iKlwrw prmwqmw Awp hI hY, sBnW dy AMdr prmwqmw ny Awp hI Awpxy Awp nUM iKlwirAw hoieAw hY[2[ hy BweI! swD sMgiq dI brkiq nwl hryk pRwxI nUM mYN Awpxw im`qr krky smJdw hW, mYN BI sBnW dw im`qr-s`jx hI bixAw rihMdw hW[ myry mn dw prmwqmw nwloN bixAw hoieAw ivCoVw swD sMgiq dI ikrpw nwl ikqy dUr clw igAw hY, jdoN mYN swD sMgiq dI srn leI, qdoN myry pRBU-pwiqSwh ny mYnUM Awpxy crnW dw imlwp dy id`qw[3[ hy BweI! swD sMgiq dI ikrpw nwl myry mn dw FIT-puxw mu`k igAw hY, myry AMdr Awqmk jIvn dyx vwlw nwm jl Aw v`isAw hY, gurU dw Sbd mYnUM ipAwrw l`g irhw hY[ hy nwnk! AwK-hy BweI! hux mYN jl ivc, DrqI ivc, AwkwS ivc, sB QW v`sx vwly sohxy rwm nUM vyK ilAw hY[4[3[
DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:
Granting His Grace, God has blessed me with His Name, and released me of my bonds. I have forgotten all worldly entanglements, and I am attached to the Guru’s feet. || 1 || In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, I have renounced my other cares and anxieties. I dug a deep pit, and buried my egotistical pride, emotional attachment and the desires of my mind. || 1 || Pause || No one is my enemy, and I am no one’s enemy. God, who expanded His expanse, is within all; I learned this from the True Guru. || 2 || I am a friend to all; I am everyone’s friend. When the sense of separation was removed from my mind, then I was united with the Lord, my King. || 3 || My stubbornness is gone, Ambrosial Nectar rains down, and the Word of the Guru’s Shabad seems so sweet to me. He is pervading everywhere, in the water, on the land and in the sky; Nanak beholds the all-pervading Lord. || 4 || 3 ||

Sunday 27th Jayt’h (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi)(Page: 671)

May 27, 2007
June 11, 2007, Monday 05:30 AM. IST]

sloku mÚ 3 ]

siqgur qy jo muh iPry sy bDy duK shwih ] iPir iPir imlxu n pwienI jMmih qY mir jwih ] shsw rogu n CofeI duK hI mih duK pwih ] nwnk ndrI bKis lyih sbdy myil imlwih ]1] mÚ 3 ] jo siqgur qy muh iPry iqnw Taur n Twau ] ijau CutiV Gir Gir iPrY duhcwrix bdnwau ] nwnk gurmuiK bKsIAih sy siqgur myil imlwau ]2] pauVI ] jo syvih siq murwir sy Bvjl qir gieAw ] jo bolih hir hir nwau iqn jmu Cif gieAw ] sy drgh pYDy jwih ijnw hir jip lieAw ] hir syvih syeI purK ijnw hir quDu mieAw ] gux gwvw ipAwry inq gurmuiK BRm Bau gieAw ]7] somvwr, 28 jyT (sMmq 539 nwnkSwhI)(AMg: 645)

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :

sloku mÚ 3 ]

jo mnu`K siqgurU v`loN mnmuK hn, auh AMq nUM b`Dy duK sihMdy hn, pRBU nUM iml nhIN skdy, muV muV jMmdy qy mrdy hn; auhnW nUM icMqw dw rog kdy nhIN C`fdw, sdw duKI hI rihMdy hn[ hy nwnk! ikRpw-idRStI vwlw pRBU jy auhnW nUM b^S ley qW siqgurU dy Sbd dI rwhIN aus ivc iml jWdy hn]1] jo mnu`K siqgurU qoN mnmuK hn auhnW dw nWh QW nWh iQ`qw; auh ivB-cwrn Cu`tV iesqRI vWg hn, jo Gr Gr bdnwm huMdI iPrdI hY[ hy nwnk! jo gurU dy snmuK ho ky b^Sy jWdy hn, auh siqgurU dI sMgiq ivc iml jWdy hn]2] jo mnu`K s`cy hrI nUM syNvdy hn, auh sMswr-smuMdr nUM qr jWdy hn, jo mnu`K hrI dw nwm ismrdy hn, auhnW nUM jm C`f jWdw hY; ijnHW ny hrI dw nwm jipAw hY, auh drgwh ivc snmwny jWdy hn; pr hy hrI! ijnHW auqy qyrI myhr huMdI hY, auhI mnu`K qyrI BgqI krdy hn[ siqgurU dy snmuK ho ky Brm qy fr dUr ho jWdy hn, (myhr kr) hy ipAwry! mYN BI sdw qyry gux gwvW]7]
sloku mÚ 3 ]
siqgur qy jo muh iPry sy bDy duK shwih ] iPir iPir imlxu n pwienI jMmih qY mir jwih ] shsw rogu n CofeI duK hI mih duK pwih ] nwnk ndrI bKis lyih sbdy myil imlwih ]1] mÚ 3 ] jo siqgur qy muh iPry iqnw Taur n Twau ] ijau CutiV Gir Gir iPrY duhcwrix bdnwau ] nwnk gurmuiK bKsIAih sy siqgur myil imlwau ]2] pauVI ] jo syvih siq murwir sy Bvjl qir gieAw ] jo bolih hir hir nwau iqn jmu Cif gieAw ] sy drgh pYDy jwih ijnw hir jip lieAw ] hir syvih syeI purK ijnw hir quDu mieAw ] gux gwvw ipAwry inq gurmuiK BRm Bau gieAw ]7]

somvwr, 28 jyT (sMmq 539 nwnkSwhI)(AMg: 645)

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :
sloku mÚ 3 ]

jo mnu`K siqgurU v`loN mnmuK hn, auh AMq nUM b`Dy duK sihMdy hn, pRBU nUM iml nhIN skdy, muV muV jMmdy qy mrdy hn; auhnW nUM icMqw dw rog kdy nhIN C`fdw, sdw duKI hI rihMdy hn[ hy nwnk! ikRpw-idRStI vwlw pRBU jy auhnW nUM b^S ley qW siqgurU dy Sbd dI rwhIN aus ivc iml jWdy hn]1] jo mnu`K siqgurU qoN mnmuK hn auhnW dw nWh QW nWh iQ`qw; auh ivB-cwrn Cu`tV iesqRI vWg hn, jo Gr Gr bdnwm huMdI iPrdI hY[ hy nwnk! jo gurU dy snmuK ho ky b^Sy jWdy hn, auh siqgurU dI sMgiq ivc iml jWdy hn]2] jo mnu`K s`cy hrI nUM syNvdy hn, auh sMswr-smuMdr nUM qr jWdy hn, jo mnu`K hrI dw nwm ismrdy hn, auhnW nUM jm C`f jWdw hY; ijnHW ny hrI dw nwm jipAw hY, auh drgwh ivc snmwny jWdy hn; pr hy hrI! ijnHW auqy qyrI myhr huMdI hY, auhI mnu`K qyrI BgqI krdy hn[ siqgurU dy snmuK ho ky Brm qy fr dUr ho jWdy hn, (myhr kr) hy ipAwry! mYN BI sdw qyry gux gwvW]7]
[SIZE=-1]English Translation :

THIRD MEHL:
Those who turn their faces away from the True Guru, shall find no place of rest or shelter. They wander around from door to door, like a woman forsaken, with a bad character and a bad reputation. O Nanak, the Gurmukhs are forgiven, and united in Union with the True Guru. || 2 || PAUREE: Those who serve the True Lord, the Destroyer of ego, cross over the terrifying world-ocean. Those who chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, are passed over by the Messenger of Death. Those who meditate on the Lord, go to His Court in robes of honor. They alone serve You, O Lord, whom You bless with Grace. I sing continually Your Glorious Praises, O Beloved; as Gurmukh, my doubts and fears have been dispelled. || 7 ||

Monday 28th Jayt’h (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi)(Page: 645)
[/SIZE]

May 27, 2007
[June 12, 2007, Tuesday 04:30 AM. IST]

sUhI mhlw ੧ Gru 9 <> siqgur pRswid ]
kcw rMgu ksuMB kw QoViVAw idn cwir jIau ] ivxu nwvY BRim BulIAw Tig muTI kUiVAwir jIau ] scy syqI riqAw jnmu n dUjI vwr jIau ]੧] rMgy kw ikAw rMgIAY jo rqy rMgu lwie jIau ] rMgx vwlw syvIAY scy isau icqu lwie jIau ]੧] rhwau ] cwry kuMfw jy Bvih ibnu Bwgw Dnu nwih jIau ] Avgix muTI jy iPrih biDk Qwie n pwih jIau ] guir rwKy sy aubry sbid rqy mn mwih jIau ]2] icty ijn ky kpVy mYly icq kTor jIau ] iqn muiK nwmu n aUpjY dUjY ivAwpy cor jIau ] mUlu n bUJih Awpxw sy psUAw sy For jIau ]3] inq inq KusIAw mnu kry inq inq mMgY suK jIau ] krqw iciq n AwveI iPir iPir lgih duK jIau ] suK duK dwqw min vsY iqqu qin kYsI BuK jIau ]4] bwkI vwlw qlbIAY isir mwry jMdwru jIau ] lyKw mMgY dyvxw puCY kir bIcwru jIau ] scy kI ilv aubrY bKsy bKsxhwru jIau ]5] An ko kIjY imqVw Kwku rlY mir jwie jIau ] bhu rMg dyiK BulwieAw Buil Buil AwvY jwie jIau ] ndir pRBU qy CutIAY ndrI myil imlwie jIau ]6] gwPl igAwn ivhUixAw gur ibnu igAwnu n Bwil jIau ] iKMcoqwix ivgucIAY burw Blw duie nwil jIau ] ibnu sbdY BY riqAw sB johI jmkwil jIau ]7] ijin kir kwrxu DwirAw sBsY dyie AwDwru jIau ] so ikau mnhu ivswrIAY sdw sdw dwqwru jIau ] nwnk nwmu n vIsrY inDwrw AwDwru jIau ]8]੧]2] mMglvwr, 29 jyT (sMmq 539 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 751) pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :
sUhI mhlw ੧ Gru 9 <> siqgur pRswid ]
(jIv mwieAw dy suhx`p ƒ vyK vyK ky Pu`ldw hY, pr ieh mwieAw dw swQ ksuMBy dy rMg vrgw hI hY) ksuMBy dy Pu`l dw rMg k`cw huMdw hY, QoVw icr hI rihMdw hY, cwr idn hI itkdw hY [ mwieAw dI vpwrn jIv-iesq®I pRBU-nwm qoN KuMJ ky (mwieAw-ksuMBy dy) BulyKy ivc kurwhy pY jWdI hY, T`gI jWdI hY, qy ies dw Awqmk jIvn (dw srmwieAw) l`uitAw jWdw hY [ hy BweI! jy sdw-iQr pRBU dy ipAwr-rMg ivc rMgy jweIey, qW muV muV jnm (dw gyV) mu`k jWdw hY [1[ hy BweI! jyhVy bMdy prmwqmw dw pRym-rMg lw ky rMgy jWdy hn auhnW dy rMgy hoey mn ƒ iksy hor rMg dI loV nhIN rih jWdI (nwm ivc r`qy ƒ) iksy hor krm-suhj dI muQwjI nhIN rihMdI [ (pr ieh nwm-rMg prmwqmw Awp hI dyNdw hY, so) aus sdw-iQr rihx vwly ƒ qy (jIvW dy mn ƒ Awpxy pRym-rMg nwl) rMgx vwly pRBU ƒ ic`q lw ky ismrnw cwhIdw hY [1[rhwau[ hy ijMdy! jy qUM cwry kUMtW BwldI iPryN qW BI cMgy BwgW qoN ibnw nwm-Dn nhIN l`Bdw [ jy AOgux ny qyry mn ƒ T`g ilAw hY, qy jy ies Awqmk dSw ivc qUM (qIrQ AwidkW qy BI) iPryN, qW BI iSkwrI dy bwhroN ilPx vWg qUM (Awpxy iehnW au~dmW dI rwhIN) kbUl nhIN hovyNgI [ ijnHW dI gurU ny rwKI kIqI, jyhVy gurU dy Sbd dI brkiq nwl mn ivc pRBU-nwm nwl rMgy gey hn, auhI (mwieAw dy moh qy ivkwrW qoN) bcdy hn [2[ (bguly vyKx ƒ ic`ty hn, qIrQW auqy BI invws r`Kdy hn, pr smwDI lw ky m`CIAW hI PVdy hn, iqvyN hI) ijnHW dy k`pVy qW ic`ty hn pr mn mYly hn qy inrdeI hn auhnW dy mUMhoN (AwKx nwl mn ivc) pRBU dw nwm prgt nhIN huMdw auh (bwhroN swD id`sdy hn Asl ivc) cor hn, auh mwieAw dy moh ivc Psy hoey hn [3[ (mwieAw-vyVHy mnu`K dw) mn sdw dunIAw vwly cwau-mlHwr hI krdw hY qy sdw suK hI mMgdw hY, pr (ijqnw icr) krqwr aus dy ic`q ivc nhIN v`sdw, aus ƒ muV muV du`K ivAwpdy rihMdy hn [ (hW,) ijs mn ivc suK duK dyx vwlw prmwqmw v`s pYNdw hY, aus ƒ koeI iq®Snw nhIN rih jWdI (qy auh suKW dI lwlsw nhIN krdw) [4[ (jIv-vxjwrw ieQy nwm dw vxj krn AwieAw hY, pr jyhVw jIv ieh vxj ivswr ky ivkwrW dw krzw Awpxy isr cwVHn l`g pYNdw hY, aus) krzweI ƒ s`dw pYNdw hY; jmrwj aus dy isr auqy cot mwrdw hY, aus dy swry kIqy krmW dw ivcwr kr ky aus qoN pu`Cdw hY qy aus qoN auh lyKw mMgdw hY jo (aus dy izMmy) dyxw bxdw hY [ ijs jIv vxjwry dy AMdr sdw-iQr pRBU dI lgn hovy, auh jmrwj dI mwr qoN bc jWdw hY, b^Sxhwr pRBU aus auqy myhr krdw hY [5[ jy prmwqmw qoN ibnw iksy hor ƒ im`qr bxwieAw jwey, qW (Ajyhy im`qr bxwx vwlw) im`tI ivc rl jWdw hY Awqmk mOqy mr jWdw hY [ mwieAw dy bhuqy rMg-qmwSy vyK ky auh kurwhy pwieAw jWdw hY, shI jIvn-rwh qoN KuMJ KuMJ ky auh jnm mrn dy gyV ivc pY jWdw hY [ (ies gyV ivcoN) prmwqmw dI myhr dI nzr nwl hI ^lwsI pweIdI hY, auh pRBU myhr dI ingwh nwl (gurU-crnW ivc) imlw ky Awpxy nwl imlw lYNdw hY [6[ hy Avysly qy igAwn-hIx jIv! gurU dI srn pYx qoN ibnw prmwqmw nwl fUMGI sWJ dI Aws ivArQ hY [ kIqy hoey cMgy mMdy krmW dy sMskwr qW hr vyly AMdr mOjUd hI hn, (jy gurU dI srn nwh peIey, qW auh AMdrly cMgy mMdy sMskwr cMgy mMdy pwsy iK`cdy hn) qy ies iK`cw-iK`cI ivc ^uAwr hovIdw hY [ gur-Sbd dw Awsrw lYx qoN ibnw lokweI (dunIAw vwly) sihm ivc gRsI rihMdI hY, AjyhI lokweI ƒ Awqmk mOq ny (hr vyly) AwpxI q`k ivc r`iKAw huMdw hY [2[ ijs krqwr ny ieh isRStI rcI hY, qy rc ky ies ƒ itkwieAw hoieAw hY, auh hryk jIv ƒ Awsrw dy irhw hY [ aus ƒ kdy BI mn qoN Bulwxw nhIN, auh sdw hI sB ƒ dwqW dyx vwlw hY [ hy nwnk! (Ardws kr ik) prmwqmw dw nwm kdy nwh Bu`ly [ prmwqmw inAwsirAW dw Awsrw hY [8[1[2[

sUhI mhlw ੧ Gru 9
<> siqgur pRswid ]
kcw rMgu ksuMB kw QoViVAw idn cwir jIau ] ivxu nwvY BRim BulIAw Tig muTI kUiVAwir jIau ] scy syqI riqAw jnmu n dUjI vwr jIau ]੧] rMgy kw ikAw rMgIAY jo rqy rMgu lwie jIau ] rMgx vwlw syvIAY scy isau icqu lwie jIau ]੧] rhwau ] cwry kuMfw jy Bvih ibnu Bwgw Dnu nwih jIau ] Avgix muTI jy iPrih biDk Qwie n pwih jIau ] guir rwKy sy aubry sbid rqy mn mwih jIau ]2] icty ijn ky kpVy mYly icq kTor jIau ] iqn muiK nwmu n aUpjY dUjY ivAwpy cor jIau ] mUlu n bUJih Awpxw sy psUAw sy For jIau ]3] inq inq KusIAw mnu kry inq inq mMgY suK jIau ] krqw iciq n AwveI iPir iPir lgih duK jIau ] suK duK dwqw min vsY iqqu qin kYsI BuK jIau ]4] bwkI vwlw qlbIAY isir mwry jMdwru jIau ] lyKw mMgY dyvxw puCY kir bIcwru jIau ] scy kI ilv aubrY bKsy bKsxhwru jIau ]5] An ko kIjY imqVw Kwku rlY mir jwie jIau ] bhu rMg dyiK BulwieAw Buil Buil AwvY jwie jIau ] ndir pRBU qy CutIAY ndrI myil imlwie jIau ]6] gwPl igAwn ivhUixAw gur ibnu igAwnu n Bwil jIau ] iKMcoqwix ivgucIAY burw Blw duie nwil jIau ] ibnu sbdY BY riqAw sB johI jmkwil jIau ]7] ijin kir kwrxu DwirAw sBsY dyie AwDwru jIau ] so ikau mnhu ivswrIAY sdw sdw dwqwru jIau ] nwnk nwmu n vIsrY inDwrw AwDwru jIau ]8]੧]2]

mMglvwr, 29 jyT (sMmq 539 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 751)

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :
sUhI mhlw ੧ Gru 9

<> siqgur pRswid ]
(jIv mwieAw dy suhx`p ƒ vyK vyK ky Pu`ldw hY, pr ieh mwieAw dw swQ ksuMBy dy rMg vrgw hI hY) ksuMBy dy Pu`l dw rMg k`cw huMdw hY, QoVw icr hI rihMdw hY, cwr idn hI itkdw hY [ mwieAw dI vpwrn jIv-iesq®I pRBU-nwm qoN KuMJ ky (mwieAw-ksuMBy dy) BulyKy ivc kurwhy pY jWdI hY, T`gI jWdI hY, qy ies dw Awqmk jIvn (dw srmwieAw) l`uitAw jWdw hY [ hy BweI! jy sdw-iQr pRBU dy ipAwr-rMg ivc rMgy jweIey, qW muV muV jnm (dw gyV) mu`k jWdw hY [1[ hy BweI! jyhVy bMdy prmwqmw dw pRym-rMg lw ky rMgy jWdy hn auhnW dy rMgy hoey mn ƒ iksy hor rMg dI loV nhIN rih jWdI (nwm ivc r`qy ƒ) iksy hor krm-suhj dI muQwjI nhIN rihMdI [ (pr ieh nwm-rMg prmwqmw Awp hI dyNdw hY, so) aus sdw-iQr rihx vwly ƒ qy (jIvW dy mn ƒ Awpxy pRym-rMg nwl) rMgx vwly pRBU ƒ ic`q lw ky ismrnw cwhIdw hY [1[rhwau[ hy ijMdy! jy qUM cwry kUMtW BwldI iPryN qW BI cMgy BwgW qoN ibnw nwm-Dn nhIN l`Bdw [ jy AOgux ny qyry mn ƒ T`g ilAw hY, qy jy ies Awqmk dSw ivc qUM (qIrQ AwidkW qy BI) iPryN, qW BI iSkwrI dy bwhroN ilPx vWg qUM (Awpxy iehnW au~dmW dI rwhIN) kbUl nhIN hovyNgI [ ijnHW dI gurU ny rwKI kIqI, jyhVy gurU dy Sbd dI brkiq nwl mn ivc pRBU-nwm nwl rMgy gey hn, auhI (mwieAw dy moh qy ivkwrW qoN) bcdy hn [2[ (bguly vyKx ƒ ic`ty hn, qIrQW auqy BI invws r`Kdy hn, pr smwDI lw ky m`CIAW hI PVdy hn, iqvyN hI) ijnHW dy k`pVy qW ic`ty hn pr mn mYly hn qy inrdeI hn auhnW dy mUMhoN (AwKx nwl mn ivc) pRBU dw nwm prgt nhIN huMdw auh (bwhroN swD id`sdy hn Asl ivc) cor hn, auh mwieAw dy moh ivc Psy hoey hn [3[ (mwieAw-vyVHy mnu`K dw) mn sdw dunIAw vwly cwau-mlHwr hI krdw hY qy sdw suK hI mMgdw hY, pr (ijqnw icr) krqwr aus dy ic`q ivc nhIN v`sdw, aus ƒ muV muV du`K ivAwpdy rihMdy hn [ (hW,) ijs mn ivc suK duK dyx vwlw prmwqmw v`s pYNdw hY, aus ƒ koeI iq®Snw nhIN rih jWdI (qy auh suKW dI lwlsw nhIN krdw) [4[ (jIv-vxjwrw ieQy nwm dw vxj krn AwieAw hY, pr jyhVw jIv ieh vxj ivswr ky ivkwrW dw krzw Awpxy isr cwVHn l`g pYNdw hY, aus) krzweI ƒ s`dw pYNdw hY; jmrwj aus dy isr auqy cot mwrdw hY, aus dy swry kIqy krmW dw ivcwr kr ky aus qoN pu`Cdw hY qy aus qoN auh lyKw mMgdw hY jo (aus dy izMmy) dyxw bxdw hY [ ijs jIv vxjwry dy AMdr sdw-iQr pRBU dI lgn hovy, auh jmrwj dI mwr qoN bc jWdw hY, b^Sxhwr pRBU aus auqy myhr krdw hY [5[ jy prmwqmw qoN ibnw iksy hor ƒ im`qr bxwieAw jwey, qW (Ajyhy im`qr bxwx vwlw) im`tI ivc rl jWdw hY Awqmk mOqy mr jWdw hY [ mwieAw dy bhuqy rMg-qmwSy vyK ky auh kurwhy pwieAw jWdw hY, shI jIvn-rwh qoN KuMJ KuMJ ky auh jnm mrn dy gyV ivc pY jWdw hY [ (ies gyV ivcoN) prmwqmw dI myhr dI nzr nwl hI ^lwsI pweIdI hY, auh pRBU myhr dI ingwh nwl (gurU-crnW ivc) imlw ky Awpxy nwl imlw lYNdw hY [6[ hy Avysly qy igAwn-hIx jIv! gurU dI srn pYx qoN ibnw prmwqmw nwl fUMGI sWJ dI Aws ivArQ hY [ kIqy hoey cMgy mMdy krmW dy sMskwr qW hr vyly AMdr mOjUd hI hn, (jy gurU dI srn nwh peIey, qW auh AMdrly cMgy mMdy sMskwr cMgy mMdy pwsy iK`cdy hn) qy ies iK`cw-iK`cI ivc ^uAwr hovIdw hY [ gur-Sbd dw Awsrw lYx qoN ibnw lokweI (dunIAw vwly) sihm ivc gRsI rihMdI hY, AjyhI lokweI ƒ Awqmk mOq ny (hr vyly) AwpxI q`k ivc r`iKAw huMdw hY [2[ ijs krqwr ny ieh isRStI rcI hY, qy rc ky ies ƒ itkwieAw hoieAw hY, auh hryk jIv ƒ Awsrw dy irhw hY [ aus ƒ kdy BI mn qoN Bulwxw nhIN, auh sdw hI sB ƒ dwqW dyx vwlw hY [ hy nwnk! (Ardws kr ik) prmwqmw dw nwm kdy nwh Bu`ly [ prmwqmw inAwsirAW dw Awsrw hY [8[1[2[
SOOHEE, FIRST MEHL, NINTH HOUSE:
ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:
The color of safflower is transitory; it lasts for only a few days. Without the Name, the false woman is deluded by doubt and plundered by thieves. But those who are attuned to the True Lord, are not reincarnated again. || 1 || How can one who is already dyed in the color of the Lord’s Love, be colored any other color? So serve God the Dyer, and focus your consciousness on the True Lord. || 1 || Pause || You wander around in the four directions, but without the good fortune of destiny, you shall never obtain wealth. If you are plundered by corruption and vice, you shall wander around, but like a fugitive, you shall find no place of rest. Only those who are protected by the Guru are saved; their minds are attuned to the Word of the Shabad. || 2 || Those who wear white clothes, but have filthy and stone-hearted minds, may chant the Lord’s Name with their mouths, but they are engrossed in duality; they are thieves. They do not understand their own roots; they are beasts. They are just animals! || 3 || Constantly, continually, the mortal seeks pleasures. Constantly, continually, he begs for peace. But he does not think of the Creator Lord, and so he is overtaken by pain, again and again. But one, within whose mind the Giver of pleasure and pain dwells — how can his body feel any need? || 4 || One who has a karmic debt to pay off is summoned, and the Messenger of Death smashes his head. When his account is called for, it has to be given. After it is reviewed, payment is demanded. Only love for the True One will save you; the Forgiver forgives. || 5 || If you make any friend other than God, you shall die and mingle with the dust. Gazing upon the many games of love, you are beguiled and bewildered; you come and go in reincarnation. Only by God’s Grace can you be saved. By His Grace, He unites in His Union. || 6 || O careless one, you are totally lacking any wisdom; do not seek wisdom without the Guru. By indecision and inner conflict, you shall come to ruin. Good and bad both pull at you. Without being attuned to the Word of the Shabad and the Fear of God, all come under the gaze of the Messenger of Death. || 7 || He who created the creation and sustains it, gives sustenance to all. How can you forget Him from your mind? He is the Great Giver, forever and ever. Nanak shall never forget the Naam, the Name of the Lord, the Support of the unsupported. || 8 || 1 || 2 ||

Tuesday 29th Jayt’h (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 751)

May 27, 2007
I think every day somebody is changing my post. I did not post anything in english punjabi font.It has been added afterwards by the site management. I have not given any tacit or explicit permission. for this.

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Respected and Righteous RooPk Ji,

This is Respected HukamNaama- HUMBLE Effort is to make it readable for all.

Don't need your kind permission, please forgive me neech.

Also read Forum Rules: point # 7

I did not post anything in english punjabi font

It is your choice though, but it is very strange that a person posting Respected HukamNaama lies about its's font. Waheguru Ji Mehar Karan

humbly asking for Sarbat Da Bhalaa

humbly asking for everybody's forgiveness

May 27, 2007
June 13, 2007, Wednesday 04:30 AM. IST]

DnwsrI mhlw 5 ]
mWgau rwm qy siB Qok ] mwnuK kau jwcq sRmu pweIAY pRB kY ismrin moK ]1] rhwau ] GoKy muin jn isMimRiq purwnW byd pukwrih GoK ] ik®pw isMDu syiv scu pweIAY dovY suhyly lok ]1] Awn Acwr ibauhwr hY jyqy ibnu hir ismrn Pok ] nwnk jnm mrx BY kwty imil swDU ibnsy sok ]2]19]50] bu`Dvwr, 30 jyT (sMmq 539 nwnkSwhI)(AMg: 682) pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :
DnwsrI mhlw 5 ]
hy BweI! mYN (qW) swry pdwrQ prmwqmw qoN (hI) mMgdw hW [ mnu`KW pwsoN mMgidAW inrI Kycl hI hwsl huMdI hY, (dUjy pwsy,) prmwqmw dy ismrn dI rwhIN (pdwrQ BI imldy hn, qy) mwieAw dy moh qoN ^lwsI (BI) pRwpq ho jWdI hY [1[rhwau[ hy BweI! irSIAW ny isMimRqIAW purwx ghu nwl ivcwr vyKy, vydW ƒ (BI) ivcwr ky au~cI au~cI pVHdy hn, (pr) ikrpw dy smuMdr prmwqmw dI srn pY ky hI aus dw sdw-iQr nwm pRwpq huMdw hY (ijs dI brkiq nwl) lok prlok dovyN hI suKdweI ho jWdy hn [1[ hy BweI! prmwqmw dy ismrn qoN ibnw ijqny BI hor Dwrimk irvwj qy ivhwr hn swry ivArQ hn [ hy nwnk! gurU ƒ iml ky jnm mrn dy swry fr k`ty jWdy hn, qy swry icMqw-i&kr nws ho jWdy hn [2[19[50[

DnwsrI mhlw 5 ]
mWgau rwm qy siB Qok ] mwnuK kau jwcq sRmu pweIAY pRB kY ismrin moK ]1] rhwau ] GoKy muin jn isMimRiq purwnW byd pukwrih GoK ] ik®pw isMDu syiv scu pweIAY dovY suhyly lok ]1] Awn Acwr ibauhwr hY jyqy ibnu hir ismrn Pok ] nwnk jnm mrx BY kwty imil swDU ibnsy sok ]2]19]50]

bu`Dvwr, 30 jyT (sMmq 539 nwnkSwhI)(AMg: 682)

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :
DnwsrI mhlw 5 ]

hy BweI! mYN (qW) swry pdwrQ prmwqmw qoN (hI) mMgdw hW [ mnu`KW pwsoN mMgidAW inrI Kycl hI hwsl huMdI hY, (dUjy pwsy,) prmwqmw dy ismrn dI rwhIN (pdwrQ BI imldy hn, qy) mwieAw dy moh qoN ^lwsI (BI) pRwpq ho jWdI hY [1[rhwau[ hy BweI! irSIAW ny isMimRqIAW purwx ghu nwl ivcwr vyKy, vydW ƒ (BI) ivcwr ky au~cI au~cI pVHdy hn, (pr) ikrpw dy smuMdr prmwqmw dI srn pY ky hI aus dw sdw-iQr nwm pRwpq huMdw hY (ijs dI brkiq nwl) lok prlok dovyN hI suKdweI ho jWdy hn [1[ hy BweI! prmwqmw dy ismrn qoN ibnw ijqny BI hor Dwrimk irvwj qy ivhwr hn swry ivArQ hn [ hy nwnk! gurU ƒ iml ky jnm mrn dy swry fr k`ty jWdy hn, qy swry icMqw-i&kr nws ho jWdy hn [2[19[50[
DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:
I beg only from the Lord for all things. I would hesitate to beg from other people. Remembering God in meditation, liberation is obtained. || 1 || Pause || I have studied with the silent sages, and carefully read the Simritees, the Puraanas and the Vedas; they all proclaim that, by serving the Lord, the ocean of mercy, Truth is obtained, and both this world and the next are embellished. || 1 || All other rituals and customs are useless, without remembering the Lord in meditation. O Nanak, the fear of birth and death has been removed; meeting the Holy Saint, sorrow is dispelled. || 2 || 19 || 50 ||

Wednesday 30th Jayt’h (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi)(Page: 682)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM