• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Controversial Thinking Of Turning Your Back To Sikhi Because Of The Hypocrisy Of Your Fellow Sikhs?

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
My Father told me a story (Lesson) once,
Once There was this Good/Wise man, lets call him X Everybody were jealous of him..... whenever he comes out of his house, people would call him with bad words, dissing him with words, calling him evry possible bad thing you could imagine. But he would'nt say anything, He'd just keep going his way ignoring them.
ONE guy used to see this everyday, One day he stopped X and asked him "why dont you reply them with the same rage, same intensity, same words."
X Replied - "If they cant change their Dirty Attitude even if i dont say 'em nothing, then why would i change mine even if they come up with even more disses and bad words".

I LEARNED A LESSON THAT DAY, HOPE YOU'll learn too.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
My Father told me a story (Lesson) once,
Once There was this Good/Wise man, lets call him X Everybody were jealous of him..... whenever he comes out of his house, people would call him with bad words, dissing him with words, calling him evry possible bad thing you could imagine. But he would'nt say anything, He'd just keep going his way ignoring them.
ONE guy used to see this everyday, One day he stopped X and asked him "why dont you reply them with the same rage, same intensity, same words."
X Replied - "If they cant change their Dirty Attitude even if i dont say 'em nothing, then why would i change mine even if they come up with even more disses and bad words".

I LEARNED A LESSON THAT DAY, HOPE YOU'll learn too.

Nice story :)

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
I am not sure why, but your story reminds me of another and also is a reason maybe not to turn our backs on hypocritical Sikhs. Or those we see as hypocritical.

The Zen master Hakuin was praised by his neighbours as one living a pure life.

A beautiful Japanese girl whose parents owned a food store lived near him. Suddenly, without any warning, her parents discovered she was with child.

This made her parents angry. She would not confess who the man was, but after much harassment at last named Hakuin.

In great anger the parent went to the master. "Is that so?" was all he would say.

After the child was born it was brought to Hakuin. By this time he had lost his reputation, which did not trouble him, but he took very good care of the child. He obtained milk from his neighbours and everything else he needed.

A year later the girl-mother could stand it no longer. She told her parents the truth - the real father of the child was a young man who worked in the fishmarket.

The mother and father of the girl at once went to Hakuin to ask forgiveness, to apologize at length, and to get the child back.

Hakuin was willing. In yielding the child, all he said was: "Is that so?"

Zen Koans - AshidaKim.com

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM