• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurus The Wonders, Greatness And Power Of Sat Guru

Apr 2, 2006
WAHEGURUJI KA KHALSA - WAHEGURUJI KI FATEH
Dear Sikh, Beloved Khalsaji
What makes you and me a Sikh?
Each one of us will have a personal answer or opinion to that question.
I want to relate to you on the base that if your True Guru is my True Guru then we are god brothers, and I believe that as such, I have a responsibility to care for you, to inspire you and remind you of what you have forgotten.
I care about your spiritual life, I care about our Sat Guru and I don’t like or appreciate when others attempt to disrespect His presence and the Sat Sangat. When liars and cheaters misguide and try to confuse the Sikhs.
So here is a reminder about how Sikhi came to be, the way Waheguru out of HIS endless mercy, perfected our true path using 10 human beings to be the embodiment of light and truth, the perfect guide and inspiration for all who called themselves a Sikh.
Each Guru teached us well, many values and personal situations where they displayed virtues and morals, showing us and teaching us with pure example which is the best way to learn, words are easy to say but to do, that is where it is.
10 human forms so we will be able to understand how to live and to relate on the same level about the light of truth that they came to bless us with. Now that schooling is over, we get the chance to graduate under the shield of Khalsa.
Guruji decided that we had enough teaching and now Guruji will sit back and watch us, for us to show how much we learn, how well we do and how much we care and appreciate.
Authority?
Anyone that lives life as a true Khalsa does, has been blessed given the authority, created, started and completed by Guru Gobind Singh Khalsa, the day when He initiated the Panch Pyare and received authority from them.
Just as you receive that authority when blessed by sweet Amrit.
What else is there to understand? What is there to be told to you?
Just have faith and surrender to Guruji, it shall be revealed; you will be inspired and when you do so, please share with the ones who care to learn, remember and realize.
We got each other, the ones who care and love in the name of Guru Granth Sahib Ji, the ones that must live to inspire and remind each other, and we each know if we are being for real.
Here I will remind you of how wonderful and inspiring our Sat Guru is,

Guru Nanak Dev (1469-1539)

Early one morning accompanied by Mardana, Guru Nanak went to the river Bain for his bath. After plunging into the river, Guru Nanak did not surface and it was reported that he must have drowned. The villagers searched everywhere, but there was no trace of him. Guru Nanak was in Holy Communion with God. The Lord God revealed himself to Guru Nanak and enlightened him. In praise of the Lord, Guru Nanak uttered;
"There is but One God, His name is Truth, He is the Creator, He fears none, he is without hate, He never dies, He is beyond the cycle of births and death, He is self illuminated, He is realized by the kindness of the True Guru. He was True in the beginning, He was True when the ages commenced and has ever been True, He is also True now." (Japji)

Guru Angad Dev (1504-1552)

When the time finally came and they met, Guru Angad got up from his seat on his arrival to embrace Amar Das as he was his relative and also much older than the Guru. Amar Das instead fell to the Guru's feet out of respect and humility, forgetting his age and family status. On this day of their meeting, Guru Angad was eating meat and being a Vaishnav Hindu, Amar Das felt uncomfortable. Guru Angad told Amar Das that the meats one should avoid are envy, greed, ego, slander and usurpation of others rights. He told Amar Das that there is life in everything, whatever is eaten while remembering God is like nectar itself. Amar Das thus became a devoted disciple of Guru Angad.

Guru Amar Das (1479-1574)

The Guru spent his time personally attending to the cure and nursing of the sick and the aged. Guru Amar Das made it obligatory that those seeking his audience must first eat in the langar. Guru Amar Das not only preached the equality of people irrespective of their caste but he also tried to foster the idea of women's equality. He tried to liberate women from the practices of purdah (wearing a veil) as well as preaching strongly against the practice of sati (Hindu wife burning on her husband’s funeral pyre).

Guru Ram Das (1534-1581)

Guru Ram Das urged his Sikhs that one could fulfill one's life not merely by quiet meditation but in actively participating in the joys and sorrows of others. This is how one could also rid oneself of the prime malady - Ego, and end their spiritual loneliness.
When the aged ascetic son of Guru Nanak Baba Sri Chand came to visit Guru Ram Das he asked him why he kept such a long beard? Guru Ram Das replied; "To wipe the dust off the feet of holy men like yourself" and then proceeded to perform this supreme act of humility. Sri Chand held his hand and embraced Guru Ram Das saying; "It's enough. This is the kind of character by which you have deprived me of my ancestral heritage. Now, what more is left with me that I could offer you for your piety and goodness of heart?"

Guru Arjan Dev (1563-1606)

The monumental task was finally completed. This first edition of the Guru Granth Sahib known at that time as Pothi Sahib was installed on a high pedestal within the Harmandir Sahib in August 1604. Guru Arjan Dev seated himself at a lower level and instructed all Sikhs to bow before it, not as an idol, but as the book of divine inspiration which instructed living men in the ways of God and dedicated secular life.
"My True Guru is my Savior and Protector. Showering us with His Mercy and Grace, God extended His Hand, and saved Hargobind, who is now safe and secure. The fever is gone - God Himself eradicated it, and preserved the honor of His servant. I have obtained all blessings from the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; I am a sacrifice to the True Guru." (Guru Arjan Dev, Sorath, pg. 620)
"The poison had absolutely no harmful effect. But the wicked Brahmin died in pain. || 1 || The Supreme Lord God Himself has saved His humble servant. The sinner died through the Power of the Guru." (Guru Arjan Dev, Bhairon, pg. 1137)

Guru Hargobind (1595-1644)

During the Guruship ceremony Guru Hargobind respectfully declined to wear the Seli (woolen cord worn on the head) which had been passed down on each successive Guru since Guru Nanak. Instead the Guru asked for a sword. Baba Buddha, never having handled a sword before, placed it on the wrong side of the Guru. Guru Hargobind noticing this, asked for another sword saying "I'll wear two swords, a sword of shakti (power) and a sword of bhakti (meditation)." Henceforth the Guru would always carry two swords to symbolize his dual role of holding secular power (Miri) and spiritual authority (Piri).
Guru Hargobind knew that the Sikh's would no longer take their freedom for granted, he undertook to steel his Sikhs against tyranny and oppression. The Guru now gave instructions to the Masands and to all the other Sikhs that they should make offerings in the future of horses and weapons rather than just money.

God first created light, All men are born out of it. The whole world came out of a single spark; Who is good and who is bad? The Creator is in the creation, and the creation in the Creator, He is everywhere. The clay is the same, the potter fashions various models. There is nothing wrong with the clay or the potter. God the true resides in all, Whatever happens is His doing. He who surrenders to Him gets to know Him. He is His slave. God is invisible, He cannot be seen. The Guru has granted me this sweet gift. Says Kabir, my doubts are dispelled. I have seen the Pure with my own eyes." (Parbhati)

Guru Har Rai (1630-1661)

With such a ruthless person on the throne in Delhi, relations with the Sikhs would never be the same during Aurangzeb's long reign. Once settled into the throne, Aurangzeb turned his attention to the new faith, Sikhism. It was reported to the emperor that Guru Har Rai has had blessed Dara Shikoh and assisted his escape. Aurangzeb ordered the Guru to appear in the royal court of Delhi. Guru Har Rai did not go himself but instead sent his son Ram Rai to meet the emperor. Before leaving, Ram Rai was instructed by his father to not engage in any miracles and to not allow the teaching of the Sikhs to be compromised in any way. When Ram Rai presented himself before the royal court he was able to impress Aurangzeb with his intellect and charm that Sikhism did not present any threat to the Mughals. Aurangzeb took exeption to a verse in the Guru Granth Sahib;
“God alone knows who burns in hell (the Hindu or the Muslim), for (like the Hindus whom fire consumes here), the earth of the Muslim graves also suffers being fired by the potter who fashions bricks and vessels out of its clay.” (Guru Nanak, Asa Var)
Ram Rai explained to Aurangzeb that the words of Guru Nanak had been incorrectly written by the scribe, and that the word was not “Muslim” but “Baiman” (meaning faithless). By intentionally changing the words of Guru Nanak, Ram Rai was able to gain the emperors friendship. When it was reported back to Guru Har Rai what his son had done, he was deeply hurt. The Guru exclaimed, “Ram Rai was a genuine claimant for my throne. But the Guruship is like the milk of a tigress which can only be contained in a cup of gold. Now, Ram Rai shall never see my face again.” Ram Rai never saw his father again but maintained his friendship with Aurangzeb.

Guru Harkrishan (1656-1664)

Guru Harkrishan along with his mother and a group of devotees set out for the long journey to Delhi. On their journey the Guru was met by large crowds of devotees. At Panjolhara an jealous Brahmin taunted the Guru, “Your Guru is called Hari Krishna, a mere child of eight years! Krishna, the incarnation of Vishnu, uttered the Gita which is the repository of all the eternal truths, If your Guru also calls himself Krishna, let him expound the truths of Gita to us”. Hearing this a poor watercarrier called Chhajju stood up and proclaimed that anyone could expound on the Gita if he were so blessed by the Guru. Guru Harkrishan touched Chhajju with his walking stick and Chhajju immediately began explaining the philosophy of the Gita. The Brahmin was so humbled by the spectacle that he fell to the Gurus feet and asked forgiveness for his arrogance.

Guru Tegh Bahadur (1621-1675)

Accompanied by his wife and mother Guru Tegh Bahadur traveled across the country. The Guru traveled throughout Punjab, wherever he would stop the Guru would get wells dug for the people and community kitchens set up. Wherever the Guru stopped he would preach about honest work and charity. The Guru would also give away all the offerings that he would receive from devotees. At Priyag,
Guru Tegh Bahadur was requested by custodians of the various temples that he visited to perform rituals and ceremonies for himself and his ancestors, but the Guru refused saying, “He who trusts in God and makes an honest living to share with others and injures no one, nor harbors ill-will against another need perform on other rituals. His soul ever stays in health. And, as for the ancestors, they gather the reward of what they themselves have sown and no one can bless or curse them after they are gone.”

The Guru refused to perform any miracles saying, “this is the work of charlatans and mountebanks to hoodwink the people. Men of God submit ever to the Will of God.” Guru Tegh Bahadur refused to embrace Islam, saying “For me, there is only one religion - of God - and whosoever belongs to it, be he a Hindu or a Muslim, him I own and he owns me. I neither convert others by force, nor submit to force, to change my faith.” Aurangzeb was enraged and ordered Guru Tegh Bahadur to be forced to convert to Islam through torture or be killed.

Guru Gobind Singh (1666-1708)

‘I establish thee as my son, that you spread My Path. Go and instruct men in Righteousness and the Moral Law, and make people desist from evil.'
I stood up, with joined palms, and bowing my head to Lord God, I said: Thy Path I shall spread only if Thou be at my back.
For this was I born into the world, I utter only how and what God uttered to me, for I am the enemy of no one. He who calls me God will surely burn in the fire of hell.
For I am only the servant of God: doubt not the veracity of this statement. I am but the slave of the Supreme Being come to witness His Play.
I tell the world only what my God said to me, for I will not be silenced through fear of the mere mortals. I utter as is the Instruction of my God, for I consider no one greater than Him.
I am pleased not with any religious garb, so I shall sow the seeds of the Unaccountable One. Nay, I worship not stones, nor am I attracted by denominational coats.
I utter only the name of the Infinite and so attain unto the Supreme Being. I wear not matted hair, nor ear-rings, nor have regard for any such ritual, and do only what God bids me do. I repeat only the Name of One God who fulfills us, at all places.
No, I utter not another's name, nor establish another God. I dwell upon the Name of the Infinite One and so realise the essence of the Supreme Light. I give thought to none else, nor utter another's name.
O God, with Thy one Name I am imbued. I have no other pride. Yea, I utter only Thy Name and eradicate my endless sins. (Guru Gobind Singh, Vachitra Natak)

Taken from the site http://www.sikhs.org/10gurus.htm
There was and still are jealous envious minded ones out there, that look and act like Sikh/Khalsa, we are sometimes too nice or naïve or just don’t realize what we are losing.
Wake up Sikh!!! Be brave True Khalsaji!!!!!
What else is there to interpret or understand? Or maybe we just need excuses for not doing what we know is right.
What is to fear if you believe when you say
WAHEGURUJI KA KHALSA - WAHEGURUJI KI FATEH!!!!

PS If you care to share about the Glories of Sat Guru you can please join the group

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/I_LOVE_MY_SAT_GURU/

D-Singh

SPNer
Jul 7, 2007
"The Guru refused to perform any miracles saying, “this is the work of charlatans and mountebanks to hoodwink the people. Men of God submit ever to the Will of God.” Guru Tegh Bahadur refused to embrace Islam, saying “For me, there is only one religion - of God - and whosoever belongs to it, be he a Hindu or a Muslim, him I own and he owns me. I neither convert others by force, nor submit to force, to change my faith.” Aurangzeb was enraged and ordered Guru Tegh Bahadur to be forced to convert to Islam through torture or be killed."

Even if we were forced to become Muslim, I think as human beings, we would have the common sense to see that we should respect humans. In now and age, I can not see a new religion being created. Does this not show that, if a religion can not be created...there is no use for it now?

Apr 2, 2006
Dearest aadooo2

Thank you much for understanding and relating to me, it feels good not to be misunderstood and for someone caring to stand up for what is right, you are trully an inspiration and I pray that Sat Guru guide your path and may Waheguruji bless you and your loved ones, much peace, light, love and eternity.
Taran

PS The miracles that im refering to are not carnal or the kind to impress others or convincing, im talking about miracles in each life wich happens to any one that surrenders and loves Sat Guru, miracles of love, miracles of true guidance, miracles that are not expected but when happens grabs a hold of your heart and brings tears to your eyes.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
thebirthofthekhalsa ji

The Satguru has never abandoned me and has blessed me with strength and gifts in very dark hours of my life. Please share you understanding.

Apr 2, 2006
what i got to share is out of this world, just as my Sat Guru is, i rather not tell on post, but I can tell this much, I was lost at that time in UK in 2003, Guruji brought me to its presence, I did not know what was going on, or what they where doing, I was not sure if they where bowing to money, but it was until 2005 in NY that I realise it, and the funny think was how, at the Gurudwara i was visiting there was a married couple that kind off adopted me, I called them my parents and most people around whent with it, but yes, there was kirtan playing at the time, and i got up fast and it was like something vibrating in me, and I saw the one i called mom, look at her and remember mother today i met or found my true guru, I was in tears, we said nothing but the feeling was there and we got teary eyes, since then, my life at the Gurudwara changed much, i will have older peoplo and children coming up to me, the elders will say things in punjabi the ones my mind did not understand but it felt as them touching my heart and it always made me teary cause inside i understood, and the kids will smile at me, and when they did, I felt as if it was Waheguru smiling at me.
Sat Guru saved me and turn mylife aroud, the only thing I regret is not surrendering when I was asked to, i was afraid and i had surrender so many times in other religions and I wanted to be free, but free for what if I cant serve my Guruji and I cant share with the Sat Sangat, now i realise there is no freedom if one is not under the true guidance of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
I hope this is enough for you.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
what i got to share is out of this world, just as my Sat Guru is, i rather not tell on post, but I can tell this much, I was lost at that time in UK in 2003, Guruji brought me to its presence, I did not know what was going on, or what they where doing, I was not sure if they where bowing to money, but it was until 2005 in NY that I realise it, and the funny think was how, at the Gurudwara i was visiting there was a married couple that kind off adopted me, I called them my parents and most people around whent with it, but yes, there was kirtan playing at the time, and i got up fast and it was like something vibrating in me, and I saw the one i called mom, look at her and remember mother today i met or found my true guru, I was in tears, we said nothing but the feeling was there and we got teary eyes, since then, my life at the Gurudwara changed much, i will have older peoplo and children coming up to me, the elders will say things in punjabi the ones my mind did not understand but it felt as them touching my heart and it always made me teary cause inside i understood, and the kids will smile at me, and when they did, I felt as if it was Waheguru smiling at me.
Sat Guru saved me and turn mylife aroud, the only thing I regret is not surrendering when I was asked to, i was afraid and i had surrender so many times in other religions and I wanted to be free, but free for what if I cant serve my Guruji and I cant share with the Sat Sangat, now i realise there is no freedom if one is not under the true guidance of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
I hope this is enough for you.

Therebirthofkhalsa Ji

Congratulations to have Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as your Guru. Just to share with you, here is a Guru Vaak tells your story, its on Sri Guru Granth Sahib- 1065, Maru Mehla -3
ਜਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਤਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਿਲਾਏ ॥[/FONT] [/FONT]ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਦਾਰਥੁ ਪਾਏ [/FONT]॥[/FONT] [/FONT]ਤੁਧੁ ਆਪਣੈ ਭਾਣੈ ਸਭ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਉਪਾਈ ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਭਾਣਾ ਦੇਹਿ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਇਦਾ [/FONT]॥[/FONT]॥[/FONT] [/FONT][/FONT]
Jā ṯis bẖāvai ṯā gurū milā▫e. [/FONT]Gurmukẖ nām paḏārath pā▫e.[/FONT] [/FONT]Ŧuḏẖ āpṇai bẖāṇai sabẖ sarisat upā▫ī jis no bẖāṇā ḏėh ṯis bẖā▫iḏā. ||4||[/FONT] [/FONT][/FONT]
When it pleases Him, then He introduces one to the Guru, [/FONT]and he obtains the wealth of the Name, by the Guru's grace.[/FONT] [/FONT]In Thy will, O Lord Thou has created the whole world. Whomsoever Thou so bless, to him Thy will is pleasing.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
My sincere wishes for this journey of following Guru Granth Sahib Ji:)
Regards
G Singh
[/FONT]

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
ਭੈਰਉ ਮਹਲਾ
भैरउ महला ५ ॥
Bẖairo mėhlā 5.
Bhairao, Fifth Mehl:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਬੇਮੁਹਤਾਜੁ
सतिगुरु मेरा बेमुहताजु ॥
Saṯgur merā bemuhṯāj.
My True Guru is totally independent.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਚਾ ਸਾਜੁ
सतिगुर मेरे सचा साजु ॥
Saṯgur mere sacẖā sāj.
My True Guru is adorned with Truth.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਭਸ ਕਾ ਦਾਤਾ
सतिगुरु मेरा सभस का दाता ॥
Saṯgur merā sabẖas kā ḏāṯā.
My True Guru is the Giver of all.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਬਿਧਾਤਾ ॥੧॥
सतिगुरु मेरा पुरखु बिधाता ॥१॥
Saṯgur merā purakẖ biḏẖāṯā. ||1||
My True Guru is the Primal Creator Lord, the Architect of Destiny. ||1||

ਗੁਰ ਜੈਸਾ ਨਾਹੀ ਕੋ ਦੇਵ
गुर जैसा नाही को देव ॥
Gur jaisā nāhī ko ḏev.
There is no deity equal to the Guru.

ਜਿਸੁ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਭਾਗੁ ਸੁ ਲਾਗਾ ਸੇਵ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
जिसु मसतकि भागु सु लागा सेव ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Jis masṯak bẖāg so lāgā sev. ||1|| rahā▫o.
Whoever has good destiny inscribed on his forehead, applies himself to seva - selfless service. ||1||Pause||

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਰਬ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਲੈ
सतिगुरु मेरा सरब प्रतिपालै ॥
Saṯgur merā sarab paraṯipālai.
My True Guru is the Sustainer and Cherisher of all.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਾਰਿ ਜੀਵਾਲੈ
सतिगुरु मेरा मारि जीवालै ॥
Saṯgur merā mār jīvālai.
My True Guru kills and revives.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਮੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਵਡਿਆਈ
सतिगुर मेरे की वडिआई ॥
Saṯgur mere kī vadi▫ā▫ī.
The glorious greatness of my True Guru,

ਪ੍ਰਗਟੁ ਭਈ ਹੈ ਸਭਨੀ ਥਾਈ ॥੨॥
प्रगटु भई है सभनी थाई ॥२॥
Pargat bẖa▫ī hai sabẖnī thā▫ī. ||2||
has become manifest everywhere. ||2||

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਤਾਣੁ ਨਿਤਾਣੁ
सतिगुरु मेरा ताणु निताणु ॥
Saṯgur merā ṯāṇ niṯāṇ.
My True Guru is the power of the powerless.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਘਰਿ ਦੀਬਾਣੁ
सतिगुरु मेरा घरि दीबाणु ॥
Saṯgur merā gẖar ḏībāṇ.
My True Guru is my home and court.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਹਉ ਸਦ ਬਲਿ ਜਾਇਆ
सतिगुर कै हउ सद बलि जाइआ ॥
Saṯgur kai ha▫o saḏ bal jā▫i▫ā.
I am forever a sacrifice to the True Guru.

ਪ੍ਰਗਟੁ ਮਾਰਗੁ ਜਿਨਿ ਕਰਿ ਦਿਖਲਾਇਆ ॥੩॥
प्रगटु मारगु जिनि करि दिखलाइआ ॥३॥
Pargat mārag jin kar ḏikẖlā▫i▫ā. ||3||
He has shown me the path. ||3||

ਜਿਨਿ ਗੁਰੁ ਸੇਵਿਆ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਉ ਬਿਆਪੈ
जिनि गुरु सेविआ तिसु भउ न बिआपै ॥
Jin gur sevi▫ā ṯis bẖa▫o na bi▫āpai.
One who serves the Guru is not afflicted with fear.

ਜਿਨਿ ਗੁਰੁ ਸੇਵਿਆ ਤਿਸੁ ਦੁਖੁ ਸੰਤਾਪੈ
जिनि गुरु सेविआ तिसु दुखु न संतापै ॥
Jin gur sevi▫ā ṯis ḏukẖ na sanṯāpai.
One who serves the Guru does not suffer in pain.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸੋਧੇ ਸਿੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਬੇਦ
नानक सोधे सिम्रिति बेद ॥
Nānak soḏẖe simriṯ beḏ.
Nanak has studied the Simritees and the Vedas.

ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗੁਰ ਨਾਹੀ ਭੇਦ ॥੪॥੧੧॥੨੪॥
पारब्रहम गुर नाही भेद ॥४॥११॥२४॥
Pārbarahm gur nāhī bẖeḏ. ||4||11||24||
There is no difference between the Supreme Lord God and the Guru. ||4||11||24||

Last edited by a moderator:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM