• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The Root Of All Evil

Dec 27, 2004
Hertfordshire England
Hi everyone, did anyone else see the channel 4 documentary called “The root of all evil”?

Please comment,

The assertion is without religion good people would do good and evil people would do evil, but for good people to do evil you need religion.

Dec 27, 2004
Hertfordshire England
Hi vijay, I find it strange that all things happen through the will of god and yet the evil that happens is not attributed to this god?

That’s like the Mafia building a church or a school with the proceeds of crime and then claiming that they are good!

vijaydeep Singh said:
Gurfateh

Well in our faith good and evil does not exists.

what so ever happans,happened or will happen is in control of God who is always good.

Sep 11, 2005
Its a misconception that GOD controls the living creatures 100 % .

The command of God is not of full automatic or like a Dictatorship . But , the command or will of God is like a Delegation type .

And delegation is further of two type
1. stewardship delegation
2. Gopher delegation

But the God's command or will is a stewardship delegation , where sharing of responsibilities between the God and living creatures is 50:50.

God , command and controls the strategic parts , and rest delegates the commands or will in stewardship manner to the living creatures.

50 % of the control remains with God , and 50 % will the Living Creatures .

Now , Its upto the Living creatures that how he/she/it utilizes the that 50 % command.

More over , God is not a Single thing , but a name given to an entire collection and network of all the living and nonliving creatures , including the Cosmic Energy.

Sep 11, 2005
If you will closely analyse , you will find that neither

Jesus
Mohammad
Gurunanak
Buddha
or anyother wisemen ever founded religion .

It was the followers who cooked up the idea and formed the religion .

The base of any religion is Philosophy and psychology .

Philosophy and Psychology are the two deadly lethal weapons , even beyond nuclear energy but below the Power of God .

When these two goes in the hands of clever people it becomes lethal weapons of mass destruction.

When these two goes in the hands of wisemen it becomes a weapon to spell wisdom and bring peace.

A Good people can be further divided into two types

1. Clever
2. Wise

All clever and Wise people are Good , But all Good people are not Wise .

So , when religion falls in the hands of Good people having the traits of cleverness , then Evil takes birth .

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Hi vijay, I find it strange that all things happen through the will of god and yet the evil that happens is not attributed to this god?

That’s like the Mafia building a church or a school with the proceeds of crime and then claiming that they are good!

Dear Sir,

Das read this from Holy Bible,

God hardened the heart of Pheroha.

Again somewhere das found that God is praised for Hardening the herat of foe of Jews.

But Lastly Das does not rember where but it is veryly in Bible when God by slef states.

I Bring peace,I Bring War.I make Good and I make Evil(it is more with saying that I do Good and I do bad but this was interpreted as making by one pastor D Prasada Rao of Hebron Church while das was having a Gyan Goshti (meeting to increase knowledge) with him.

I do all the things.(all God of Holy Bible said).

In the same way in our Holy Scripture Of Guru Granth Sahib Ji often god is termed as doer of Bad also as As lord or Master does it we must not deem it as Bad but behold it as Good.

Clearly in Japu Sahib of Dasham Granth Ji it is said

bow(to) eternal essance of Man who is doer of crulity,Bow(to) the one with good duty of Ghost,Non ghost,angel.

In Fact Large Part of Triya Charitar(Female Charector) or Charitophkhyana or Character description gives deatails of Evil Akal does while being in Humans.

holy Bible perhaps palsam states all which is in heavaon or earth or within therein belong to thee oh lord!

all means evil inclusive.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: