Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Bansavalinama The References To Brahmans In Bansavalinama

Discussion in 'Other Scriptures' started by Kully, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Harry Haller

Harry Haller United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Writer SPNer Thinker

Kullyji,

let us assume that the DG is not pushing Brahminism, kindly proceed to your next point.

Thank you

2. OP
    Kully

Kully United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

No Sir. Where the evidence is explicit there is no need for assumption. In fact this may be better off in it's own topic. Let's keep this topic about the references to Brahmans in Bansawalinama only, and it won't clutter up the topic. It will help those who wish to read these topics in the future.

3. Harry Haller

Harry Haller United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Writer SPNer Thinker

I personally do not see this as Brahman pushing, I agree with you, lets move on

4. Original

Original
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

...good on you !
    ..confirmed
    ..I'll go along with what you're saying, pls continue ..
    ..hmn, "history" ? I think we have to be careful Kully Ji to call someone historian just because he's written books. I mean, loads n loads of writers from all over the planet have made brave efforts to base their work on primary n secondary sources, but nothing of the sort springs to mind that would deem it "good history" when it comes to Indian historians because there was no systematic use of sources and there were no accepted methodological principles. Accordingly, I'm obliged to interrogate to my hearts content whether Chibber be a reliable candidate ?
    ..good !
    ..yes, pretty much dependent upon what the subject-matter is ! For example, the existence of God cannot be intellectually analysed. And, if you recall, it was for this reason, I once said to you whether questions of religious faith be susceptible to rational deliberations ?
    ...now this kind of literature throws up lot of questions; who is writing, is it Gobind the mortal man, Gobind the Guru or, is it the transcendent Gobind ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    Kully

Kully United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Don't know. But would like to know what you think. What is your own thought on this?

6. Original

Original
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

..he was all three !

Given that you, Kully, the wannabe scholar, try and workout which of his compositions corresponds with which Gobind !

#26 Original, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
Since you're here... we have a small favor to ask...     Become a Supporter      ::     Make a Contribution