• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The Paradoxes

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
It is a paradox that everyone is here for the same reason and yet everyone has an individual purpose. Everyone is here to experience life as deeply as possible, and yet your individual purpose is to explore your unique character. Everyone, therefore, has an unique function within the infinite variety of Creation.
Another paradox is the question of destiny versus freewill. People seem to have freewill, and yet, if destiny exists, wouldn’t pre-destiny cancel freewill? Not exactly. Here’s how it works.

Infinite Being - New Age Spirituality

After reading this article, leave your comments to further a fruitful discussion.

charanjit

SPNer
Jan 15, 2008
I am interested to see you answer your own questions as posed, namely, the paradox between free-will and pre-destination?
My personal interpretation is that the creator has been pernicious, and as we are constantly reminded that this existence is all his play and drama, perhaps Waheguru enjoys this pain. However, our not realising his will is the cause of our suffering (which is the answer I most often hear). Is it not better to accept that it is in God's nature to have created this suffering, and as he has created us, we are an emanation of God, and we suffer, thence he himself suffers at seeing our suffering.
If that is the case surely is God not a sadist??

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Charanjit Ji,

Your comment is amazing. How would you expand on this comment ?

All I would say is the stars in the night sky are equally amazing. The sun and the phases of the moon have ceaslessly facinated me since childhood. And yet I do not know why I'm here.

I haven't seen God but I know what is pain and pleasure through experience. But why do I exist ?
Is the I-ness in me more important than the I-ness in you ?

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Those who believe in God as Creator of the Universe would also concede that He created it out of Love. And those who believe God as All-pervading and Omnipresent, must also agree that the Creator did so because He could not resist its fascination. Rather He chose to be associated with every movement, change and transformation that would take place in any object – animate or inanimate. God simply loved it.

Can we then conclude that we ourselves are the satellites of God who record and experience these changes around us? For, when it is our time to return to our creator, all the data is retreived by God for his own reasons.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: