• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The Khalsa

Harvir007

SPNer
Aug 22, 2010
Leicester, England
As I am still quite young I feel that I am too foolish and young to join the Khalsa. So my question is: Am I given a certain age up until then, where I have to join the Khalsa?

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Sikh Reht Maryada

Section Six - CHAPTER XIII - Article XXIV

( d.) Any man or woman of any country, religion or caste who embraces Sikhism and solemnly undertakes to abide by its principles is entitled to ambrosial baptism.The person to be baptised should not be of very young age; he or she should have attained a plausible degree of discretion.

source: http://www.sgpc.net/rehat_maryada/section_six.html

The above indicates that there is no formal age for becoming a baptized Sikh. It can be carried on any time when a Sikh thinks he or she is ready to fulfill the duties & responsibilities of being an Amritdhari Sikh / Khalsa.

BazGrewal

SPNer
Sep 17, 2010
Like Soul Jyot said there is no age requirement but when you feel that you are ready. This also leads me to ask a question is is right to give Amrit to a newborn child like if both parents are Amritdhari, or should they wait till the child can make his or her own decision?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: