• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The Idea Of Karma

JustBeReal

SPNer
Jul 22, 2014
WJKK WJKF.

Can some one please explain the idea of Karma in Sikhi?
I have been exploring further my understanding of reincarnation and one question I have trouble with is why are we not punished for our good and bad deeds in THIS lifetime?

It just seems inconsistent to me....put it in simple terms...a murderer gets caught and imprisoned. Someone gets caught for speeding and pays a fine, a lot of others who speed never get caught.

Am I looking at this the wrong way??

Thank you.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Can some one please explain the idea of Karma in Sikhi?

everyone has a different view, personally, in my opinion, thats my own opinion by the way, karma is a Hindu concept that belongs in Hinduism, Hinduism is a great religion, and karma is a great concept, but in my view they are not Sikh facets.

I have been exploring further my understanding of reincarnation and one question I have trouble with is why are we not punished for our good and bad deeds in THIS lifetime?

Punished by who? Punishment is an Abrahamic concept, that Goddy sits up there in heaven throwing thunder bolts at fornicators and drunks, (obviously no punishment for fornicators and drunks that say their daily prayers as this absolves you!), I believe in nothing after death, but the truth is no one really knows. I have been punished in this lifetime, but not by Goddy, I was punished by consequences, the consequences of my own actions.Sikhism is not a religion that tars new born babies with disabilities as 'karma related', we use logic, discretion,

It just seems inconsistent to me....put it in simple terms...a murderer gets caught and imprisoned. Someone gets caught for speeding and pays a fine, a lot of others who speed never get caught.

Am I looking at this the wrong way??

I don't think so, keep asking questions, keep looking for the answers, do not be fobbed off with 'thats just the way it is' refine your own litmus test, if it stinks, its probably smelly, if it can take the weight, its probably sound, however, do not forget that different religions have different views, and use their own litmus tests, it is not for us to question the religion of another, just question whether facets are Gurmat or not.

I don't know if I mentioned this, but this is just my opinion.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The concept of "punishment" and" rewards" is the faulty way to look at things...Gurmatt doenst beleive in cutting hands of thieves..giving lethal injections to rapists or murderers...and blinding those who casue blindness as an Eye for an Eye..and Gurmatt also doenst beleive in reawrds of Rivers of Honey a nd Milk in Rivers, and 80 damsels abd golden palaces and diamond studed beds etc etc...or Wish fulfilloing Cows Kamdhen Gai..etc etc etc...

WE all Do get "punished" and "rewarded" right away after a DEED....Karmee aveh Kapprrah..KOI nerreh koi DOOR...but we fail to realise whats NEAR and whats DOOR !! To some kid a mere STARE is Enough to dissuade him form doing something bad...to another even 10 strokes to the backside would be a laughable matter...I would be so ashamed if a cop stopped me for speeding past a red light ( so I endure the unhappy Honks behind me urging me to let fly the moment lights turn green )..Another would happily run over an old lady without batting an eyelid....becasue she was slow at a zebra crossing.....Am I being punished and he is being rewarded..OUR CONSCIENCE tells us !!...but some hear its call like the dog hears a dog whistle...others dont hear the blast of an air horn outside their eardrum...THATS why we CANT see the rewards and punishments..we are using the wrong YARDSTICK...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: