• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Spiritual The Honest Truth Of My Beliefs

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
So I was trying to succinctly summarise my personal philosophy for my friend. This is how I summed it up.

My philosophy is based on the belief that there is an Ultimate Reality/Creative Force that existed in the very beginning, exists now and will continue to exist when everything is gone. The reality we perceive is transient and everything will be destroyed, therefore it is temporary and 'not real'. By focusing on the Ultimate Reality that exists behind this temporary one, we can gain inner stability and contentment and go forth in our world and lives with courage and happiness (chardi kala) working hard, sharing, caring, enjoying life and being good people.​

This is what I believe Sikhi teaches, and what I am searching for is to make sure it does. To really, truly understand the Gurbani and ensure my beliefs aren't based on my manmukh mind's whim, but on the same page at Guru Sahib. I'm searching for certainty, and I hope I find it in time to be able to express it to others in a way they might be able to understand, too.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM