• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The Future Of Religion

komaLLL

SPNer
Apr 5, 2006
Re: The Future of Religion -

bhagat singh no disrespect but i am a non-sikh abnd i have been reading other forums on here and have read that sikhism say hindu and muslim think they are superior to others and how ikhism has eradicated this but in the way you are sounding u r also bigging up your religion n putting others down....sorry if i have misinterpretated...

May 16, 2005
Vernon, BC Canada

komaLLL said:
bhagat singh no disrespect but i am a non-sikh abnd i have been reading other forums on here and have read that sikhism say hindu and muslim think they are superior to others and how ikhism has eradicated this but in the way you are sounding u r also bigging up your religion n putting others down....sorry if i have misinterpretated...

How? please explain how he is...

Anyways, i really honestly think that religion as a whole is on a rough course. Sikhi is still small enough and raw enough that we can somwhat change our course a correct things without too much hardship. however.. that way is quicky vanishing...

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

sry for sounding that way but i cant help it

everytime i think about sikhism and compare to EVERYTHING else ... it just seems too perfect and better.. i dont know ... i probably shoudnt think that because guru ji says any path that leads to God is good .. which makes me wonder about atheism

any comments?

am only seventeen so i only relate to basic priniciples and i dont go into detail
i look at things through the scientific perspective and therefore i look at the pratical aspects of sikhism (its funny how all of them are pratical and true)
i still have a lot to learn
i know this is off topic kinda but... i have some questions

1 does sikhism contain flaws?
2 do other religions contain flaws?
if ur answers are 1 yes 2 no then why doesnt the world realize this
3 then wouldnt sikhism be better?
yes? i say yes
i am basing off of facts. so tell me if i am wrong.

Last edited:

skeptik

SPNer
Sep 6, 2006

everytime i think about sikhism and compare to EVERYTHING else ... it just seems too perfect and better.

veer, you've been misled. have a read thru my thread on confused youth.

Dimitri

SPNer
May 4, 2006

That post don't prove anything. you are choosing to ignore history that is your choice.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London

As far as I'm concerned, Sikh theology holds very well in the modern world.

I notice that in India, Hindu society is placing legislation in place to make it difficult for Hindus to convert to other religions. I think this is because rational thinking is taking a strong hold on many minds in this milieu and many religions struggle to accomodate this. (We can perhaps view the current struggle between Islam and the West as a result of this). Sikhism does seem to fare well in this climate. And even if we were to interpret Sikhi with the modern lens of science and sociology it still remains impressive.

The message of Sikhism from what I understand are universal values. Humane values. But at the same time Damesh pita gifted us with the sword so it is balanced in that it has contingencies for hard times and oppression (i.e. not turning the other cheek when people are trying to annilate you).

Sikhs have carved a respectable place for themselves in the world inspite of the harshest oppression. We just need to remember that and strive to learn from the past whilst at the same time keep an eye on the future.

As long as we stay true to our roots, I'm sure we have a great future ahead of us. And even if there are dark times ahead for us, our ancestors have given us shining examples of how these can be overcome.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: