• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Zoroastrianism The Difference Between Zarathushtra And Nanak

Feb 25, 2010
Ushta to All

I have decided not to let this Inter Faith Discussion go totally dead. I have a question on the different between , Guru, Prophet,, Avatar, Incarnation, and a Thought Provoker

Zarathushtra has always been thought of as a man by Orthodox Zarathushtrians or Beh Dins. He is no God, no son of God and, in the original teaching, He is no prophet either. He calls himself and is called by othyers:Thought Provoker, (A title who incidentally fits him like a glove) Teacher or Guide of Right, (ratu) Invoker, and Seer. He did not really make predictions, at least not specific ones, and is thus not considered, technically, a prophet. These prophets, are not God either, but men, illumined, but nevertheless men. Then we have Jesus, who is supposed to be THE Son of God, the Hindu Avatars, Bahaullah, who claimed to be, and is claimed by Bahais to be a manifestataion of God. and all sorts of self proclaimed gods or Sons of God.

But what about e Gurus? Its my understanding that they are basically all transferences of Divine Light. First to Nanak, then to each of the succeeding men Gurus ,and then to the SGGS. However, at the beginning of Page 865 of the SGGS it says " Nanak is the Guru; Nanak is the Lord Himself. " Is Nanak considered to be God Himself? Some other translations say that Nanak is God. Notably the Spanish translation reads: in the same page:

" Nadie puede destruir la Palabra Eterna del Guru; sí, Nanak es el Guru, pues Nanak es Dios Mismo. (4-7-9) P. 865. " Which means: ''No one can destroy the Eternal Word of the Guru. If, Nanak is the Guru, then, Nanak is the very, same, God. "

Comments and translations are welcomed

Hamazor! Unite in Righteousness!
Curious

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: