• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhism The Book - The Sikh Tree

THE CAPTIONED BOOK HAS BEEN BROUGHT OUT BY ME. I GIVE HERUNDER THE PECULIAR CHARACTERISTICS OF THE BOOK FOR THE KIND INFORMATION OF THE HONOURABLE MEMBERS OF THE FORUM

THE SIKH TREE BY JAGJIT SINGH
[As the same grew over a period of 239 years (1469 t0 1708)]

To procure this book, please contact:
S. JAGJIT SINGH

C/o DAMNEET SINGH BAWA/IPSHITA SINGH BAWA
50, CROYDONDALE DRIVE MOOROOL BARK VIC. 3138. + 61 3 97335344 email: harjagjeet@yahoo.com

1. The book is aimed to cater to the needs of the Youth and others in foreign lands who are not well versed in Punjabi language and ought to know some basics about Sikhism, (in the shortest possible time) as professed and practiced by the Gurus.

2. Covers in one single volume ‘the plant of Sikhism’ as planted by Sri Guru Nanak Dev Sahib and as the same grew as a full-fledged tree during the period of succeeding Nine Nanaks.

3. It deals with the transformation of Sikhism as propounded, professed, practiced and preached by the Nine Nanaks into the Khalsa Panth , by Dashmesh, the 10th Master, completing the process initiated by Ad Guru, Guru Nanak Dev Sahib.

4. It brings to the fore the mission of Guru Nanak as a mission for lifting the down trodden, for fighting against superfluous dogmas, rituals, (Karam Kands), and superstitions, for lifting the women and for ending discrimination on grounds of religion, castes and gender. It high lights his mission of revolting against the tyrannical rulers of the day and for rendering service to humanity in general and for seeking Well-being of all ( Sarbat Da Bhalla).
5. It shows as to how all the succeeding Gurus
steadfastly continued on the path laid by Guru Nanak and paid heavy costs including supreme sacrifices for sticking and propagating the path laid by Him only

6. It shows how Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib laid down his life for the so called modern right of ‘freedom of religion’, how Guru Gobind Singh Sahib fought for ‘Human Rights’ more than three centuries ago and put at the alter ‘his all’ for the purpose. It shows how a simple and pure Guru Ka Sikh Bhai Ghaniya Singh, sowed the seeds of Red Cross while serving the wounded with water not caring as to whether they were ‘GURU KE SIKHS’ or ‘BELONGED TO THE ENEMY CAMP’ and then put the ointment on their wounds as supplied by his ‘COMMANDER’, DASMESH PITA, GURU GOBIND SINGH SAHIB.

7. It shows how Sikhism is a way of life that preaches for self-respect and living with dignity with hatred towards none (Sarbat Da Bhalla).

8. Whereas the book is expected to be of direct help to the aspirants of Sikh religion in general, it shall also fully assist the teachers, the lecturers, the missionaries and the office bearers of the gurdwaras/ other religious and social institutions - who are assigned the duties of spreading the message of Sikhism - in discharge of their duties/obligations.

9. Besides one chapter each, that has been assigned to the lives and teachings of each Guru Sahib, one chapter has been allocated to bring forth the significance of ‘Bani’ in our religion and how ‘GURU GRANTH SAHIB’ is our perfect, revered, eternal ‘SHABAD GURU.’

10 The last chapter deals with ‘The Message of the Khalsa – the Essence of Sikhism. The chapter deals with the consistency of the teachings of all the revered Gurus and brings to the fore, how in the creation of the Khalsa Panth, Guru Gobind Singh Sahib, put into practice the path originally laid down by Guru Nanak Sahib and followed by the succeeding Gurus.

11. The appendices given at the end about ‘the bio details of the revered gurus, five beloved ones and four princes (sahibzadas), basic details of Guru Granth Sahib, Bibliography and the index add to the referral value of the book.

JAGJIT SINGH

50, CROYDONDALE DRIVE MOOROOL BARK VIC. 3138. + 61 3 97335344 harjagjeet@yahoo.com

Dear Arvind Ji,
Sat Sri Akal.
Thanks for your reply and more for your comments. I must however submit that I am a humble retired person. But I have a passion about Gur Sikhi and I always pray that the several of us mostly youth of the day should not go astray and they must be arleast enlightened and informed about the message of our revered Gurus. This may raise a spirit in them of living a dignified life with hatred towards none. I mean they may subscribe to 'Sarbat Da Bhalla' theme.

Jagjit Singh

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Jagjit Singh said:
Dear Arvind Ji,
Sat Sri Akal.
Thanks for your reply and more for your comments. I must however submit that I am a humble retired person. But I have a passion about Gur Sikhi and I always pray that the several of us mostly youth of the day should not go astray and they must be arleast enlightened and informed about the message of our revered Gurus. This may raise a spirit in them of living a dignified life with hatred towards none. I mean they may subscribe to 'Sarbat Da Bhalla' theme.

Jagjit Singh
Sarbat Da Bhala ji. Degh Tegh Fateh :wah:

I give hereunder some valued opinions about the book for the ready information of the readers
The Message of the Guru

THE SIKH TREE

AS THE SAME GREW OVER A PERIOD OF 239 YEARS ( From 1469-1708 )<O:p></O:p>

BY JAGJIT SINGH

“The book is very useful for gaining insight into the message of the Gurus. Our modern youth who are not well versed in Punjabi language and want some material in English language shall find an answer to their demand.” <O:p></O:p>

Dalbir Singh, Chairman, Central Bank of India<O:p></O:p>

<O:p</O:p
“To all those who are interested in the study of the Sikh religion, particularly the role performed by all the incarnations of Baba Nanak, individually, the book shall prove to be very useful. Our youth, who are otherwise preoccupied with their other pursuits, shall get a handy but useful information from this book about our religion.”

Gurcharan Singh Arshi, Dean, Faculty of Arts, University of Delhi

“As one reads this user friendly book, one gains clarity of the growth of the Sikh Tree as it grows into magnificence and resplendence. The lack of suitable reading material and guidance in the gurudwaras made the writer take on this great responsibility to write a book about the Sikh Gurus, a book written in simple English so that it could answer to the needs of the common man, a book that was properly researched and is based upon reliable resources, a book that faithfully acknowledges the contributions made by various sources and people.”

Makhan Singh, Chairman, Guru Nanak Public School, Pushpanjali Enclave, New Delhi.

JAGJIT SINGH

views/comments about the book by some emminent authorities and common readers are given below for the information of all the readers

JAGJIT SINGH

The Message of the Gurus

THE SIKH TREE

AS THE SAME GREW OVER A PERIOD OF 239 YEARS ( From 1469 to 1708 )

BY J AGJIT SINGH

SOME VIEWS ABOUT THE BOOK

“The book is very useful for gaining insight into the message of the Gurus. Our modern youth who are not well versed in Punjabi language and want some material in English language shall find an answer to their demand.” Dalbir Singh, Chairman, Central Bank of India
“To all those who are interested in the study of the Sikh religion, particularly the role performed by all the incarnations of Baba Nanak, individually, the book shall prove to be very useful. Our youth, who are otherwise preoccupied with their other pursuits, shall get a handy but useful information from this book about our religion.” Gurcharan Singh Arshi, Dean, Faculty of Arts, University of Delhi
“ The book ……. is a timely publication that addresses to the needs of the Sikh youth all over the world. At a time when the world faces a paucity of insightful writings about Sikhism and the Guru Granth Sahib, the Sikh Tree is a volume which gives a clear picture of the history of the lives of the Sikh Gurus, Sikh thought and philosophy. Written in a very lucid and clear style in the common man’s English it is a great source of knowledge to those readers who do not know Punjabi and are thus deprived of knowledge regarding the glorious Sikh history…...While explaining the incidents, the writer has taken great pains to explain the fundamentals behind them. On reading the book, one is deeply impressed by the discernment shown by the writer while handling the single most significant aspect of Sikh Guru ship, the absolute conformity of thinking, the same wavelength of thought and perspective that each Guru had. It was this total similitude of thought in absolute totality, without any contradictions that led to the optimum fruitful point when the Khalsa was born…..As one reads the book, one gains clarity of the growth of the Sikh Tree as it grows into magnificence and resplendence…” Makhan Singh, Chairman, Guru Nanak Public School, Pushpanjali Enclave, New Delhi.“
“Certainly, this book is informative and enlightening, therefore, can be offered as a 3-credit course at a university.”…“This book is most suitable for Punjabi departments that have Sikh students.”Dr. Satyendra Singh Associate Professor of Administrative Studies, The University of Winnipeg, CANADA
“Intrigue, zeal and then finally the success! Use the right ingredients to make a powerful story come alive are evident in The Sikh Tree, a book that delves into the germination and blossoming of Sikhism as initiated by Sri Guru Nanak Dev Sahib and the ensuing Nine Nanaks.
‘ The book traverses the finer nuances of the dharma –Sikhism which was propounded, professed, practiced and preached by the Nine Nanaks into the Khalsa Panth by Dasmesh, the 10th Master, completing the process initiated by Ad Guru, Guru Nanak Dev Sahib.” Bharat Times, Melbourne(25th July 2005)
“It is nice to hear from you. I will definitely let you knowm of any suggestions. When are you planning on visiting Canada. You have written a fantastic book”Jake Anand Softron Tax, Canada

“ I am sorry that I haven’t yet completed reading the book. But of what I have, can say that it is very lucidly written and clear and concise. It is a comprehensive account of the glorious history of Sikhs.Navneet Gandhi , Mumbai India”.
“I am studying that book that is very interesting, and very clear for the Sikh History. That book really expressed your knowledge and hard work in this respective field. “Giani Gurvail Singh, GURU NANAK FIFTH CENTENARY SCHOOL, MUSSOORIE.
“I have read it and i really appreciate ur work since the book written by u is in such simple language and has given light on some of the topics in such vast manner that i after reading ur book have become curious to know more about our gurus and our history. …………sir since i have gained a lot of knowledge from ur book i want others also to get knowledge from it may god bless u with very good health and everything u want” honey – yahoo.com

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM