• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The Bondage Of Ego

May 22, 2007
When something bad happens to someone, one is quick to blame the person who has done that bad to him, but what he doesn’t realise is that it is almighty himself who speaks (good or bad) or does deeds (good or bad) through all of us ( part of his elaborate game ). So when somebody speaks or does bad to us it is not him (the individual) who is doing it. He is actually been made to do that my GOD himself.
So how can we blame him ? and we also can’t blame GOD, Why ? because this pain, sorrow has befallen on us as payback for our past Karmas.
WE HAVE TO BLAME OURSELVES FOR ALL THE PAIN AND SORROW THAT INFLICTS US.
………..AAPE BEEJ AAPE HE KHAYE…………….
SO LET US SET OUR HOUSE IN ORDER BY DOING KARMA THAT GOD LIKES………….
When nobody else is to be blamed but yourself, then nobody is your enemy but yourself. Then instead of fighting others, we should fight with ourselves i.e. our MAAN who is the actual culprit, who engrossed in it’s EGO along with MAYA prompts us to do bad Karma.
Beware … all karma performed by us that has been fueled by our ego, becomes a burden for our soul, because the soul always wants to break free and join the supreme soul, but it can’t do so because of the bondage of debts incurred on it by the egoistic karma that our maan indulges in, for which it has to suffer the repurcussions according to WAHEGURU’S HUKAM which is fixed, unforgiving and true (IN FACT THE TRUEST THING IN THIS WORLD IS THE LORD’S HUKAM)
So, our soul can’t set itself free without paying back all it’s debts.
Now, day in and day out we keep performing these egoistic karmas (irrespective of how much we try) which add to the already huge burden of such past karmas. This endless loop means that the debts on our soul shall never be paid back, even if we take countless births.
So this proves that this bondage on our soul cannot be freed by any of our efforts.
Now if the objective of every human birth is to try to set it’s soul free from the bondage of egoistic karma, and we know that all our efforts to do so have failed us till date, then what is the answer to all this filth that we have put our soul into ?
Herein come our GURU’S preachings, the countless words that adorn our GRANTH, all trying to say just one thing – constant remembrance of WAHEGURU ( the supreme soul ) i.e. NAAM-SIMRAN is the only true service that can be performed for the LORD which should be :-
1) WITHOUT DESIRE (NISHKAM)
2) IN HUMILITY (NIMRATA)
3) WITH PURITY OF INTENTION (HIRDA SHUDH)
4) WITH SINCERETY (CHIT LAE)
5) IN UTTER SELFLESSNESS (VICHON AAP GAVAE)
and constantly practicing the following :-
a) HUMILITY, THE WORD (NIVAAN CHA AAKHAR)
b) FORGIVENESS, THE VIRTUE (KHAWAN GUN)
c) JIHBA MANIYA MANT, THE MAGICAL MANTRA (SWEET SPEECH)
Such efforts will bring the LORD to reside in us, and once HE comes in then the EGO and all VIKARS, which have bondaged our SOUL till now run away and disappear, Thus freeing our SOUL of all bondages and debts.

SO NEXT TIME WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE KILLING SOMEONE, TRY KILLING YOUR MAAN FOR A CHANGE.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
What you are talking about pritpal_singh ji doesn't happen over-night, or by trying harder. In my experience, and in my opinion, it takes some time to make progress. And it requires constant supplication and meditation upon the Guru. He picks the time and the situation for change. We put Him completely in charge, admit that we are helpless without Him, and ask for His support. This is done only with His help. He is not far away.

May 5, 2008
Maryland
So when somebody speaks or does bad to us it is not him (the individual) who is doing it. He is actually been made to do that my GOD himself.

Nice article, I understand this that whatever happens, it happens for our good only. because everything is under the divine order, and God can't do anything wrong.

But when you say, if someone hurts you, all that bad and good is done by God himself, not by that person. If we suffer, you say it's our own Karma (some bad deeds), is it not God's action again, because whatever bad we did was with God's wish.

So is it that actually nothing is in our hands?

Bhul Chuk maaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Quote"WE HAVE TO BLAME OURSELVES FOR ALL THE PAIN AND SORROW THAT INFLICTS US.
………..AAPE BEEJ AAPE HE KHAYE…………….
SO LET US SET OUR HOUSE IN ORDER BY DOING KARMA THAT GOD LIKES………….

Such efforts will bring the LORD to reside in us, and once HE comes in then the EGO and all VIKARS,"
Pirtpal - Singh ji
I must appreciate your beautiful views in context of Gurumat; however, isn’t it incomplete expression? He doesn’t come within from outside, HE is there but we have blocked our mind out to see HIM within with Ego, Anger, lust, greed, pain, hopes and displeasures.Guru leads us towards that blockage to clear it, still no guarantee; soul is always at HIS mercy (GGSJI 877)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: