• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Taliban Expel 50 Sikh Families From FATA For Not Paying Jazia

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Lahore: The Taliban has expelled at least 50 Sikh families from the Orakzai Agency in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) after they failed to pay 'Jazia'. The Taliban had demanded 12 million rupees as protection money from the Sikhs, who have living in the region from hundred of years, but they could arrange only 6.7 million rupees.
Later, it was reported that the extremists occupied houses and shops of the Sikhs in Qasim Khel and Feroz Khel areas of the Agency and auctioned their valuables for 0.8 million rupees, The Daily Times reports. Earlier, the Taliban had also demolished houses belonging to the Sikh community in the region.

The Taliban's Orakzai Agency chief Hakeemullah Mehsud ordered the demolition of the houses after the Sikhs failed to meet a deadline fixed for delivering the protection money. According to reports, many tribal families have started migrating to different parts of Hangu and Kohat out of fear of the Taliban action.

Attachments

• talibanr56.jpg
    talibanr56.jpg
    90.4 KB · Reads: 284

dala

SPNer
May 5, 2009
sikhs should take over pakistan! we have the troops!!! we have amercian and british and german backing..why not ! one DAY!!

ankhaton

SPNer
Mar 7, 2010
Hi from France
I'm not a Sikh
But couldn't Indian Punjab
create a foundation to help
such families
to restart
Yes I think the future will not be bright

It's a very sad situation
My present wife remembers that
she was killed as a Sikh Woman
during separation 1947
She was my sister then.
I say this because it could give
confidence and hope !

Jan 30, 2010
Lahore: The Taliban has expelled at least 50 Sikh families from the Orakzai Agency in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) after they failed to pay 'Jazia'. The Taliban had demanded 12 million rupees as protection money from the Sikhs, who have living in the region from hundred of years, but they could arrange only 6.7 million rupees.
Later, it was reported that the extremists occupied houses and shops of the Sikhs in Qasim Khel and Feroz Khel areas of the Agency and auctioned their valuables for 0.8 million rupees, The Daily Times reports. Earlier, the Taliban had also demolished houses belonging to the Sikh community in the region.

The Taliban's Orakzai Agency chief Hakeemullah Mehsud ordered the demolition of the houses after the Sikhs failed to meet a deadline fixed for delivering the protection money. According to reports, many tribal families have started migrating to different parts of Hangu and Kohat out of fear of the Taliban action.

Aman Singh please confirm the date of this report as Hakimullah Mehsud is already dead.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: