• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Controversial Suspected Militants Attended Sarna Son’s Wedding: Police (Police Update)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Harpreet Bajwa
Tags : Paramjit Singh Sarna case, delhi
Posted: Tue Aug 03 2010, 02:23 hrs
Chandigarh:

Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC) president Paramjit Singh Sarna is on the radar of the Punjab Police after three suspected militants who were nabbed recently reportedly told the police they attended his son’s wedding in January this year.

The three men — alleged members of the Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) who were arrested by the Khanna police recently — also reportedly told their interrogators that Sarna helped them financially after they were injured at a religious congregation in Ludhiana last year. Police sources said the men were also promised tickets for the forthcoming Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee elections.

When contacted, Sarna said: “There were thousands of people at my son’s wedding since I had invited politicians and religious leaders. They might have accompanied any one of them. What can I do?”

The three have been identified as Manjinder Singh, Jaswinder Singh and Gurjant Singh. Police sources have said these men were reportedly involved in blasts at Ambala and Patiala in April this year.

Another alleged BKI member Harminder Singh was also arrested. He is a proclaimed offender, wanted in the October 31, 2007 blast case at Ludhiana’s Shingar cinema that killed six people.

A police official said the three were part of the demonstrations against a religious congregation held by Divya Jyoti Jagran Sansthan chief Swami Ashutosh in Ludhiana last year. They were injured in the clashes and were later paid Rs 50,000 each by Sarna while they were admitted in hospital. The three also attended the wedding of Sarna’s son in Delhi, they have reportedly told the police.

Sarna said he had given Rs 50,000 each to the demonstrators who were injured in Ludhiana. “The DSGMC took the decision to give financial help. It was not my decision. I just gave the money to help our Sikh brothers. I did not know these men were terrorists. We don’t support terrorists. These are baseless, politically-motivated allegations. I will take up this issue with the Centre and I challenge the Punjab Police to arrest me,” he added. Senior Superintendent of Police Khanna S S Mann said, “We will send a report to seniors.”

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Suspected-militants-attended-Sarna-son-s-wedding--Police/655225/

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM