• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Surrogate Babies - Different Ways Of "Assisted Conceptions"

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki Fateh.

Dear All,

This came up on a few Forums.. Thought we could discuss it here as well.

This is in relation to Surrrogate babies, diffrent ways of conception adoption etc.
A Veer writes:

My sister has been longing for a baby for like nearly 28 years. She's tried so many times for a child but no luck. She even got operations done to see if there can be a difference. Now the only option they can see is either bringing surrogate mother (which she highly doesn't want) OR the doctors can implant it in. Is that ok or not? because it isnt being done in the natural way and she is Amrit Dhari. Even she thinks that it isnt the natural way the way she wants it, but then again she is dying for a baby.

Can I please have your advice on this, whether she should go ahead with it or not?

Jarnail Singh gyani

Last edited by a moderator:

S|kH

SPNer
Jul 11, 2004
We Are PENN STATE!!
I see no problem with it.

If she chooses to get it "implanted" in, than its the same way someone takes a tylenol pill to quickly heal a headache. The "natural" way is to just let your body be and eventually you will naturally overcome the headache.
I dont see anything in Sikhi which would tell us to run from medicine or new technology, specially if it includes to bring a new Khalsa into the world. She's not doing it for any of the evil reasons, she's not going to have this baby just try to take over the world, or create evil.

If she chooses to have a surrogate mother come in, than I see it just as an extreme form of a seva by the other person. To be 9months pregnant with someone elses baby is an extraordinary deed, and its just pure seva. Once again, its bringing a new Khalsa in the world.

She's waited 28 years, which is extremely long, I would tell her its ok, and dont see a reason why someone would say its wrong.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear singh ji

I also agree with sikh reagading this
As part of my job i see countless such things being done evry day and almost all are just assisting normal body process quite similar to this
I n every circumstances life will get his support from Akal Purakh whether it spend his first 9 month in one body or te other
So I fully support the surrogate pregnancy and the same time I also belive in cocept that human do not craete children instead act as a medium for their creation so in eithr way it doesnot matter whether who becomes the medium

one more that comes to my mind is usually parents thinks and behave ina way as if they own their children ignoring the fact that they are just the medium for the god's greatest creation and in this case their will be more than two parents claiming the ownership which may create some social problem but nothing to do with sikhism or spirtuality as i actual sense no body can own a human

Jatinder Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: