• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sukhmani Sahib Last Astpadi 24 Sabad 2/ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਆਖਰੀ ਅਸਟਪਦੀ ੨੪ ਸਬਦ ੨

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
ਸਲੋਕੁ
Salok.
Salok (Core theme of eight sabads/hymns in the Astpadi)

ਪੂਰਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਆਰਾਧਿਆ ਪੂਰਾ ਜਾ ਕਾ ਨਾਉ ਨਾਨਕ ਪੂਰਾ ਪਾਇਆ ਪੂਰੇ ਕੇ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਉ ੧॥
Pūrā parabẖ ārāḏẖi▫ā pūrā jā kā nā▫o. Nānak pūrā pā▫i▫ā pūre ke gun gā▫o. ||1||
Complete creator contemplated, complete so is known. Nanak, found the complete one, sing virtues of so complete.

ਅਸਟਪਦੀ
Asatpaḏī.
Eight stanzas hymn

ਖੇਮ ਕੁਸਲ ਸਹਜ ਆਨੰਦ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਭਜੁ ਪਰਮਾਨੰਦ
Kẖem kusal sahj ānanḏ. Sāḏẖsang bẖaj parmānanḏ.
Permanent well being, unperturbed mind and happiness. In company of the pious enshrine the happiness of the supreme.

ਨਰਕ ਨਿਵਾਰਿ ਉਧਾਰਹੁ ਜੀਉ ਗੁਨ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਰਸੁ ਪੀਉ
Narak nivār uḏẖārahu jī▫o. Gun gobinḏ amriṯ ras pī▫o.
So discard the lowly hellish abode and save the life. So consummate the most pure virtues of the creator of the universe.

ਚਿਤਿ ਚਿਤਵਹੁ ਨਾਰਾਇਣ ਏਕ ਏਕ ਰੂਪ ਜਾ ਕੇ ਰੰਗ ਅਨੇਕ
Cẖiṯ cẖiṯvahu nārā▫iṇ ek. Ėk rūp jā ke rang anek.
In the mind, think of the one creator. One persona but so many manifestations.

ਗੋਪਾਲ ਦਾਮੋਦਰ ਦੀਨ ਦਇਆਲ ਦੁਖ ਭੰਜਨ ਪੂਰਨ ਕਿਰਪਾਲ
Gopāl ḏāmoḏar ḏīn ḏa▫i▫āl. Ḏukẖ bẖanjan pūran kirpāl.
One blessing of the meek, the nourisher and purveyor. Destroyer of the pain and complete so blessing.

ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਬਾਰੰ ਬਾਰ ਨਾਨਕ ਜੀਅ ਕਾ ਇਹੈ ਅਧਾਰ
Simar simar nām bāraʼn bār. Nānak jī▫a kā ihai aḏẖār. ||2||
Remember, remember understanding of the creator again and again. Nanak, such is the only support for life.
ESSENCE: In the salok of final Astpadi 24th, Guru ji state the completeness of creator. So finding the complete one in contemplation, now to sing virtues of such complete one.

Guru Arjan Dev ji in Astpadi 24, 2nd sabad emphasize the oneness besides many a names. The virtues abound for the one creator. In company o fthe pious and creator enshrined so find the peace and unperturbed mind. The hellish aspects of living dissipates as the purity of creator’s virtues is absorbed. The one creator that blesses the meek, provides nourishment, so blessing and eliminator of pain.

Guru ji conclude to forever remember such one creator as such is the foundation of life.
Please note all errors are mine and I stand corrected.

Sat Sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM