• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sukhmani Sahib Astpadi 2 Sabad 6 / ਸੁਖਮਨੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਅਸਟਪਦੀ ੨ ਸਬਦ ੬

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
ਸਲੋਕੁ

Salok

ਦੀਨ ਦਰਦ ਦੁਖ ਭੰਜਨਾ ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਨਾਥ ਅਨਾਥ ਸਰਣਿ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਰੀ ਆਇਓ ਨਾਨਕ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਸਾਥ ੧॥
Ḏīn ḏaraḏ ḏukẖ bẖanjnā gẖat gẖat nāth anāth. Saraṇ ṯumĥārī ā▫i▫o Nānak ke parabẖ sāth. ||1||

The saviour from misery and hurt of the poor, the helper of the forlorn. I am at your door creator, holding the coattails of Guru Nanak.

ਅਸਟਪਦੀ
Eight stanzas hymn.

ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਨ ਕਉ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਕੈ ਨਾਮਿ ਜਨ ਕਉ ਤ੍ਰਿਪਤਿ ਭੁਗਤਿ
Har kā nām jan ka▫o mukaṯ jugaṯ. Har kai nām jan ka▫o ṯaripaṯ bẖugaṯ.

For the humble, creator’s understanding is salvation. For the humble, creator’s understanding provides contentment and fulfillment.

ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਨ ਕਾ ਰੂਪ ਰੰਗੁ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਤ ਕਬ ਪਰੈ ਭੰਗੁ
Har kā nām jan kā rūp rang. Har nām japaṯ kab parai na bẖang.

For the humble, creator’s understanding is beauty and happiness. With understanding of the creator, one never sees obstacles.

ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਨ ਕੀ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਹਰਿ ਕੈ ਨਾਮਿ ਜਨ ਸੋਭਾ ਪਾਈ
Har kā nām jan kī vadi▫ā▫ī. Har kai nām jan sobẖā pā▫ī.

For the humble, creator’s understanding is respect and glory. For the humble, creator’s understanding is the source of accolades

ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਨ ਕਉ ਭੋਗ ਜੋਗ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਤ ਕਛੁ ਨਾਹਿ ਬਿਓਗੁ
Har kā nām jan ka▫o bẖog jog. Har nām japaṯ kacẖẖ nāhi bi▫og.

For the humble, creator’s understanding is both worldly and spiritual. For the humble, creator’s understanding ensures no hurtful separation

ਜਨੁ ਰਾਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮ ਕੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਪੂਜੈ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਦੇਵਾ ੬॥
Jan rāṯā har nām kī sevā. Nānak pūjai har har ḏevā. ||6||

Humble for ever is drenched in creator’s understanding. Guru Nanak, always and continuously cherishes the creator

ESSENCE: In the salok, Guru ji sets the objective of discourse in Astpadi 2. In understanding of the creator solutions are found for the forsaken, deserted, in misery and in sickness. Guru ji humbly submit to the aware company of the creator.

Guru Arjan Dev ji in Astpadi 2nd, 6th sabad describe that seeking to understand creator is supreme and deeply effects our persona within and without. It provides a sense of contentment, happiness, fulfillment, true worldly respect.

Guru ji continuously cherish the creator.
Please note all errors are mine and I stand corrected.

Sat Sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM