• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sukhmani Sahib Astpadi 16 Sabad 8 / ਸੁਖਮਨੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਅਸਟਪਦੀ ੧੬ ਸਬਦ ੮

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
ਸਲੋਕੁ
Salok.
Salok (Core theme of eight sabads/hymns in the Astpadi)

ਰੂਪੁਰੇਖਰੰਗੁਕਿਛੁਤ੍ਰਿਹੁਗੁਣਤੇਪ੍ਰਭਭਿੰਨ ਤਿਸਹਿਬੁਝਾਏਨਾਨਕਾਜਿਸੁਹੋਵੈਸੁਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ੧॥
Rūp na rekẖ na rang kicẖẖ ṯarihu guṇ ṯe parabẖ bẖinn. Ŧisėh bujẖā▫e nānkā jis hovai suparsan. ||1||
Creator is devoid of three in form, shape and color. Nanak only such are provided understanding, whom such is pleased with.

ਅਸਟਪਦੀ
Asatpaḏī.
Eight stanzas hymn

ਬਿਸਮਨਬਿਸਮਭਏਬਿਸਮਾਦ ਜਿਨਿਬੂਝਿਆਤਿਸੁਆਇਆਸ੍ਵਾਦ
Bisman bisam bẖa▫e bismāḏ. Jin būjẖi▫ā ṯis ā▫i▫ā savāḏ.
Those who recognized are astonished and more astonished in astonishment. One who found out such liked the taste.

ਪ੍ਰਭਕੈਰੰਗਿਰਾਚਿਜਨਰਹੇ ਗੁਰਕੈਬਚਨਿਪਦਾਰਥਲਹੇ
Parabẖ kai rang rācẖ jan rahe. Gur kai bacẖan paḏārath lahe.
Creator’s devotees stay absorbed in love of such. With the blessing of creator’s teachings such receive treasures.

ਓਇਦਾਤੇਦੁਖਕਾਟਨਹਾਰ ਜਾਕੈਸੰਗਿਤਰੈਸੰਸਾਰ
O▫e ḏāṯe ḏukẖ kātanhār. Jā kai sang ṯarai sansār.
One such so gifted dispel hurt. In company of such the world finds salvation.

ਜਨਕਾਸੇਵਕੁਸੋਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਜਨਕੈਸੰਗਿਏਕਲਿਵਲਾਗੀ
Jan kā sevak so vadbẖāgī. Jan kai sang ek liv lāgī.
A humble servant to such is of good fortune. In company of such one attaches to the one (creator).

ਗੁਨਗੋਬਿਦਕੀਰਤਨੁਜਨੁਗਾਵੈ ਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿਨਾਨਕਫਲੁਪਾਵੈ੮॥੧੬॥
Gun gobiḏ kīrṯan jan gāvai. Gur parsāḏ Nānak fal pāvai. ||8||16||
Such when sings praise of virtues. Nanak such receive fruit of creator’s blessing.
ESSENCE: In the salok, Guru ji state that the creator has no form, shape or color and is understood by those so happily blessed.

Guru Arjan Dev ji in Astpadi 16, 8th and final sabad describe the joy and wonderment in getting creator’s understanding. Much fulfillment is received by the so fortunate in their love of the creator. Greatly fortunate who so lovingly attach to the creator.

Guru ji conclude that great blessings received by those so cherishingly singing virtues of the creator.
Please note all errors are mine and I stand corrected.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: With the 16 Astpadian completed, we have covered 2/3 or 67% of the Sukhmani Sahib bani. mundahugkaurhug

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Kanwaljit Singh ji thanks for your post.
And you also moved to larivar, any conscious reason behind it?
I don't understand your question. I believe the style and format is as before. Please elaborate so that I can clarify or respond.

Sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Larivar is the style where there is no space in between the Gurmukhi words
Thanks Kanwaljit Singh ji that is an error on my part in posting. I will try to correct it working with Aman Singh ji. No Larivar is not that easy to read and also not my plan.

Regards and thanks for catching the error.

Sat Sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM