• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

USA Success Story (Ratanji Singh Sondhe)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Ratanjit Singh Sondhe’s biography is the tale of an immigrant realising the American Dream

Ratanjit Singh Sondhe is the quintessential example of an American success story. An indomitable spirit, coupled with a willingness to give back to society makes him stand apart from fellow immigrants, and explains his success in building a huge business empire centred around his company Poly-carb. His story needed to be told and in Mending Souls, city-based author Khushwant Singh sketches an insightful portrait of Sondhe, highlighting the latter’s versatility as a speaker, author, consultant, entrepreneur, radio and television personality. It is also an attempt to chronicle the amazing tales of struggle and survival among the Indian diaspora that is making its mark abroad.

The book was released last week, and Singh, 38, author of the bestseller Sikhs Unlimited, a travelogue featuring extraordinary Sikhs, describes the process of writing Mending Souls as an absorbing journey. “I looked at the person from two perspectives — how he had used Sikh principles to create a business empire and how he had been able to balance material and spiritual aspects of life in the US,” he says, pointing out that Sondhe used Guru Nanak’s Ek Onkar, as a paradigm model to establish his company Poly-carb, which has now been bought over by the multinational Dow Chemicals.

Singh spent four months in Solon, a small town near Cleveland, meeting Sondhe’s family, friends, business associates and well-wishers, occasionally stepping into the nearest coffee shop to get on with his writing. “I followed no specific instructions, though there were people who would advise me what the American audience would like to read. But I have always trusted my instinct and tried to stick to the format,” he says. Singh would constantly engage with Sondhe, discussing issues ranging from spirituality, business, politics to work ethics. He also incorporated into his book Sondhe’s 25 integration habits that interpret teachings of Sikh Gurus, especially Guru Nanak, into effective business strategy.

As for his next venture, the writer is travelling to London to write a book on another Punjabi icon, 99-year-old marathon runner Fauja Singh.

Success Saga

Attachments

• n258987162709_1769.jpg
    n258987162709_1769.jpg
    14.3 KB · Reads: 225

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM