• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sri Guru Granth Sahib: Review Of ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ (akāl Mūraṯ)

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Part of a series to review ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥/Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯ nām karṯā purakẖ nirbẖa▫o nirvair akāl mūraṯ ajūnī saibẖaʼn gur parsāḏ.
ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ
Phonetics:

ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ (akāl mūraṯ)

ArQ/ Meaning:

ArQ:ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਸਰੂਪ ਕਾਲ ਤੋਂ ਪਰੇ ਹੈ, (ਭਾਵ, ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਸਰੀਰ ਨਾਸ-ਰਹਿਤ ਹੈ)

Meaning: The creator embodiment is eternal (unaffected by time)

Application: So this is fundamental aspect of the creator that the qualities, the truth are eternal and unchanged by time.

So here is encouragement for us learners. The creator and creation have eternal values and attributes. They don’t change like humans. So if one were to develop understanding one should look for what does not change with time. Such will define part of the essence of the creator. Creation of course is transformational including individual constituents of life an non-life, but the creator is unchanging.

If you want to discover what part of the creator is embodied in you, apply the same principles of discovery. What is constant, what sustains, what you remember from childhood that has not changed, and so on.

Comments welcome and all errors are mine and I stand corrected.

Sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Time is often clubbed as the fourth dimension along with the 3-D space. Just like Waheguru is not bound by time, He is not bound by Space either.
Kanwaljit Singh ji space is part of matter and Energy, we do not need to complicate it more than matter and energy.

Sat Sri Akal.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
One creator present as one essence everywhere, whose name is the truth, architect of the universe, who has no fear, and no hate, eternally consistent

If you want to discover what part of the creator is embodied in you, apply the same principles of discovery. What is constant, what sustains, what you remember from childhood that has not changed, and so on.

We are all students to our Guru, as a collective of students we make up the sangat, as individuals we are nothing, but collectively, as a sangat, is it possible that a number of us can encapsulate the spirit of the Creator,

I like the above line hugely, it basically puts forward the notion that whatever in you is good, that has always been in you, is the essence of Creator in you, to some it may be seva, to some it may be simran, some are warriors and peacemakers, some have the art of diplomacy, the ability to defuse, the ability to organise, to assist, some can gather resources and then direct them at the needy, Is this saying to us 'know who you are, and what your role is, by embracing that which has consistently been true and good for you

What can I do to be part of Creation, to be in tune, simply embrace that part of you that Creator planted in your head, and follow that road

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM