• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sri Guru Granth Sahib: Review Of ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ (ajūnī Saibẖaʼn)

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Part of a series to review ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥/Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯ nām karṯā purakẖ nirbẖa▫o nirvair akāl mūraṯ ajūnī saibẖaʼn gur parsāḏ.

ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ

Phonetics:

ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ (ajūnī saibẖaʼn)

ArQ / Meaning:

ArQ: ਅਜਨਮਾ ਤੇ ਸਵੈ-ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸ਼ਵਾਨ ਹੈ।

Meaning: Is not born (no life cycle) and is a self creation

Application: The ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ/(ajūnī saibẖaʼn) attributes of wide application in creating clarity of creation and the creator. It does not rule out the transformational aspects. For example what with exceptional knowledge as humans have we discovered with such attributes. Transformational Energy-Matter duality per the famous E=mc2 of Einestein.

This immediately helps us ponder items like resurrection, re-incarnation, all creation being from same “noor”/essence. So it also encourages us to not wait for rapture, look for rapture, the merging with something. We already are matter and energy which is all around us and we are no different from it just the aesthetics and timing in terms of looking like dust or be from dust.

The intrinsic and extrinsic understanding of this aspect perhaps drives people to be different. Live now and recognize creation and be happy with what you have and what surrounds you. Others may find it better to have their kicks rather than try to understand as we all become the same. Creator does not care as we are given flexibility and latitude in as member of creation to do our own things and manage the consequences.

Comments welcome and all errors are mine and I stand corrected.

Sat Sri Akal.

RamanS

SPNer
Apr 19, 2011
We already are matter and energy which is all around us and we are no different from it just the aesthetics and timing in terms of looking like dust or be from dust.

Very beautifully written!!

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
One creator present as one essence everywhere, whose name is the truth, architect of the universe, who has no fear, and no hate, eternally consistent, eternally present

I use the words, eternally present, in a very personal way, I have long believed that there is no new knowledge in the SGGS. I firmly believe that we are all born with this knowledge deep within us, how many times has Ishnabhenji done that head palm slap thing because something has vexed her and she has then found the answer so obvious, because we already know it, it is not new. Thus someone on a desert island could be a good sikh, only by watching creation, listening to creation and following their heart as opposed to their body.

I do really think our minds are like chemicals that are present but not in a state that can be readily identified, we are like decorators attempting to steam off wallpaper but by using water instead of steam, it is the same element, but look how quickly steam removes glue, thus we need to change the way our brains process information so that we have access to the pages of 'cheats' that will give us more strength, infinite lives (in the context of gaming), bigger weapons etc etc

There is no merging, its all there, right now, just open your eyes!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM