• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Some Questions On Inconsistencies

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Thats fine Ji,

But i am also only doing the same...i make some comments about my own understanding and try to find some gurbani that fits with my current level of knownledge and personal experience...

For many of us that do not know how to read gurbani and fully understand it, we have to have some help with the translation.
But please put the page of the shabad because then atleast someone like myself can go and read the full shabad and translate or understand as best we can.

I believe you are very knowledgeable with gurbani, but if others start posting just lines without no link to the page or shabad then we don't even know if the shabad even exists ji.

God bless ji on your journey and bagti.

Chaz Singh ji,

Guru fateh.

I beg to differ with you.You did not do the same. You copied and pasted 2 one liners from a site in two different threads with the literal translations which are incorrect and lastly, the context of those one liners had nothing to do with the subject being discussed in the threads. You never expressed your own understanding implying that you agreed with the incorrect/misleading literal translations. If you agree to express your own understanding in complete of the two Shabads and link to the context of the threads, we would love that and I would do the same with the whole shabad which is( ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥Ga▫oṛī mėhlā 5-page 206), whose one line I paraphrased in my words for the sake of the context of the thread.

Hope to learn from your understanding of the Gurbani and will wait eagerly for it.

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh

Last edited:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
so does it mean that it is a wrong practice to put on a kachera the way the person did as you explained, because i have also heard that you should never let the kachera separate from you, one leg in the clean one and other in the dirty one.

Love and Peace ji,

Guru Fateh.

How can one answer the nature's calls with the kachera on unless one is wearing Depends, then one does not have to take it off ? One can not take just one leg out for number 2. The kachera is 'dirty' anyway after having been worn.

How about during sex for the married couple? Are half kacheras off ok?

These questions are not directed towards you. So, please do not take them personally. Your post has given me the courage to think aloud and I hope it helps all of us to ponder over the silly dogmas of Brahamvad purity being slid into Sikhi by some who call themselves spotless Sikhs sans jhooth.

Tejwant Singh

Last edited:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
One word that I made up comes to mind.................

....''BRAHMINIZATION!!!"

or another word could be '{censored}s'

let us not be to quick to tar everything bad with Vedicism, there is also an abundance of stupidity involved.

How about during sex for the married couple? Are half kacheras off ok?

I am sure we will soon see kacheras for married couples with 4 leg holes!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Just as a point of information, I have read entire threads at other internet forums that describe in excruciating detail just how to do both, use the bathroom and conduct marital relations whilst still in kechera. All told in complete seriousness.

Nor for me this is not unlike discussions at work about the use of technology when teaching. I am silent when the presenter says, "Now here is how you can do it."

"Do I want to do it," is not acceptable in either talk about kechera or talk about technology? It suggests a bad attitude toward living within the norms. In fact it is viewed as anti-social.

The question for me is always, "Should I do it?" There might be a logical answer to that, and then there might not. I hear voices on those threads and in the meeting rooms telling me to "give up my head" and give into the lord (either Waheguru or the T-Beast), depending on inclination.

Food for thought.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
and what about this one...my Amrtidharee friend is rather on the LARGER than LARGE sized....what we would call XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL...and so his Kacherra is also XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL... This Singh also rides a HUGE 1000CC YAMAHA Motor cycle...

Now what happened one day..was that the wind was a tidy bit too strong...and this Huge Kacherra flew off the drying string and into the neighbours yard...
Soon after the neighbour was calling the SINGH JI over the fence...MR Singh...MR Singh...I beleive YOUR MOTOR CYCLE COVER FLEW into my yard...

I happened to be visiting my friend..and i fell off my chair with laughter a few times..and couldnt drive very well on my way home due to the tears in my eyes...Drivers waiting at the Traffic lights must have thought I was mad becasue i burst out laughing every few minutes...

2. More seriously.. someone asked me many times...do amritdharee women give birth with their kacherras ON.?? I told them its not possible...they can have this transgression sorted out after meeting the PANJ and doing some sewa they tell you to do...Not a BIG DEAL..our AMRIT is NOT that weak...Lets not get too paranoid.....its a daily rehat..not IRON CLAD chastity belt with the lock on and keys MISPLACED...

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
...they can have this transgression sorted out after meeting the PANJ and doing some sewa they tell you to do...

Transgression... I know, how DARE she remove her underpants for something so trivial as giving birth. I hope she confesses her sin to the Panj with all sincerity and humility and accepts her punishment of sewa with good spirits.

Pfft. Thoroughly illogical.

Meanwhile how does she clean herself thoroughly during her menstrual period with her kachera on without getting blood all over them? Tampons I guess. Did they have tampons back in 1699?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
shhhhhhhhhhh ISHNA JI...you could get those maryada sticklers tied up in knots...sheeshhhhhhhhh talk about periods and soiled kachheras...are a strict no no no...even though GURU NANAK JI tackled this straight ON by taking the Raging BULL by its horns....ZOOROO sir Navhhnnnhee aveh VARO VAAR..declared Guru Ji...what cleanliness..impurity..??? Its NATURES LAW of the FEMALE SPECIES !! Made by the CREATOR HIMSELF..ha ha ha LOGIC is a dirty word !!:japosatnamwaheguru:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM