• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhism Some Popular Sikh Scholars?

Oct 18, 2012
dear members
sat sri akal. please name me some very popular sikh writers on sikh philosophy and mysticism books.. any ideas please share it here. give their names and possible their book titles. if possible books in english.. if you come across any popular book shops online or shops in india where to get this books please mention them here, their contacts. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 18, 2012
some information from my side, i like to share it with everyone.. i got this info from a shop, singhbrothers from india,, this is their reply and their recommendation on popular sikh writers-----

Respected Vir Ji,
Gur Fateh.

Thanks for your E-mail.

List of scholars working on Sikh Studies is very vast and it is very difficult for us which one to recommend and which to leave. Therefore it would be better that your decide for yourself after reading the books Parmukh Sikh Shakhsiatan by S. Roop Singh, and Kalam de Dhani by Piara Singh Padam.

Even then we try to compile the list of 5 prominent sikh scholars of 20th century working if different fields:
I Gurbani Viakhia: Pr. Teja Singh
Bhai Jodh Singh
Pro. Sahib Singh
Bhai Vir Singh
Giani Harbans Singh

II Sikh History: S. Karam Singh Historian
Dr. Ganda Singh
Dr. J.S. Grewal
Pr. Satbir Singh
S. Jagjit Singh

III Sikh Philosophy: Dr. Sher Singh
Dr. Surindar Singh Kohli
Dr. Avtar Singh
S. Daljit Singh IAS
Dr. Jaswant Singh Neki

IV Lexicography: Bhai Kahan Singh Nabha
Professor Harbans Singh
Dr. Rattan Singh Jaggi.
Guru Rakha,
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Gursagar Singh

Singh Brothers, Bazar Mai Sewan,

Amritsar-143006. Tel: 0183-2545787

Show Room: S.C.O. 223-24, City Centre,
Amritsar. 143001
Tel: 0183-2550739 Fax: 0183-2543965
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Go to www.PUNJABDIGITAL LIBRARY.com....thousands of books..many out of print..by various writers...all digitally downloadable by becoming MEMBERS FREE. Thousnads of Puratan Birs of SGGS..etc also...and PDL is "Neutral" just as a Library should be..you read and make up your own minds..

Oct 18, 2012
Go to www.PUNJABDIGITAL LIBRARY.com....thousands of books..many out of print..by various writers...all digitally downloadable by becoming MEMBERS FREE. Thousnads of Puratan Birs of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji..etc also...and PDL is "Neutral" just as a Library should be..you read and make up your own minds..

dear Gyani
sat sri akal. thanks that is helpfull

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
You are most welcome Ji...IF you are ever in CHANDIGARH..go pay a Personal visit to the PDL Team...they are wonderful people.....scanning valuable books etc 24/7....!! My very own personal friend Prof is the curator there...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: