• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Singh Is King

sikh_80

SPNer
Dec 14, 2008
Singh is Kinng? Why today Singh is Kinng and before Singh is clown? Bollywood industries now starting to cash in on the Singh is Kinng craze. To understand just 30 years ago these Singhs were butchered in India, in Punjab, cut like weeds out of the framework of india and today to cash in we see this type of publicity.

I have not seen the movie yet, but I am sure from its success it is a typical bollywood movie, with many one liners and a 20 minute story wrapped up in 1 hour of songs and melodrama.

Singh is King of what these days? No census can be done but by indications and rough numbers from punjab at least 75% of young Sikhs have given up there identity. To fit the confides of what the world and west accept. This is no King infact it is far from it, our heritage now sits in a book dusty in the corner of our homes, unopened, our history lies there. We bask in the warmth of greatness of past with very little contribution in our own lives, nobody wants to be uncomfortable, whether that's because of a job, or because we are just afraid now to stick out.

It is a shame that the time this title was appropriate, Singhs were defending India from jungles, with no homes with no comforts they were fighting for righteousness sacrificing everything. And opposite today, well to do Sikhs sacrifice nothing, we cant even sacrifice our own egos, we want to look modern, to fit in , to figure out anyway to assimilate into societies which really don't even hold a candle to the brightness of our history.

We follow our own brand of Sikhi, comfort Sikhi when things are not the way we like them its easily adjustable, easily we can move tenants, we can move gurbani being well educated to accommodate our own lifestyles. We really don't know what Sikhi is, today all tenants of this faith are sitting on the street, and there was a time when someone was sawed in half, cut limb by limb for things we give up on a whim.

A heritage forgotten is a heritage lost. And this is the result; a fake Singh is Kinng with snoop doggy dog wearing dastaar. And we are happy that wow we get this exposure. What of those who gave their lives, sacrificed their children who were cut piece by piece and they had only one line in their hearts, a thankfulness of Sikhism. When have we thanked god for being brought up in a Sikh family, with this rich tradition, probably never.

What a joke this is, what a mockery it is of what a Singh really should be. A Singh is someone who is in control of their destiny, who will not shake their ideals, and will uphold to death not only their rights but the rights of others, even if it means they will be joked about for saving hindu women at 12 o clock, they did it. Think about these details and one will have no thoughts of the selflessness of these individuals who having no problems of their own took on other ppls problems, having no homes of their own, saved other's homes.

These Singhs travelled at night, in the morning the only evidence being the hoof marks of their horses, it is said at that time women of the pinds which were protected by these unsung heros would come out and touch these tracks and pray that there sons be as brave as those who travelled the night.

There was no Batman or Superman, there were only those Khalsa's who defended the honor of those who had no other hope. We are part of that legacy, what will the future generations say about us? That the heros of the past have turned to drinking to cut hair to doing whatever seemed right for their on enjoyment, forgetting what a rich and one of a kind history they had.

The world is full of great ppl, but I challenge anyone to show me a community that has been through the adversity that Sikhs have, at one time being wiped out by 50% of their population. (That would mean even more than the holocaust for Jews by percentage). Within a year after that time frame they were the rulers of Punjab, after being cut down they only grew, after being killed they only increased. What resilience they had, today for the cheapest things for the things that have no value, we sacrifice, our priceless gifts, our priceless inheritance from those souls just vanishes into thin air.

It is true, today we are only good enough for a movie title Singh is Kinng, otherwise there is no proof of that.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Singh is Kinng? Why today Singh is Kinng and before Singh is clown? Bollywood industries now starting to cash in on the Singh is Kinng craze. To understand just 30 years ago these Singhs were butchered in India, in Punjab, cut like weeds out of the framework of india and today to cash in we see this type of publicity.

I have not seen the movie yet, but I am sure from its success it is a typical bollywood movie, with many one liners and a 20 minute story wrapped up in 1 hour of songs and melodrama.

Singh is King of what these days? No census can be done but by indications and rough numbers from punjab at least 75% of young Sikhs have given up there identity. To fit the confides of what the world and west accept. This is no King infact it is far from it, our heritage now sits in a book dusty in the corner of our homes, unopened, our history lies there. We bask in the warmth of greatness of past with very little contribution in our own lives, nobody wants to be uncomfortable, whether that's because of a job, or because we are just afraid now to stick out.

It is a shame that the time this title was appropriate, Singhs were defending India from jungles, with no homes with no comforts they were fighting for righteousness sacrificing everything. And opposite today, well to do Sikhs sacrifice nothing, we cant even sacrifice our own egos, we want to look modern, to fit in , to figure out anyway to assimilate into societies which really don't even hold a candle to the brightness of our history.

We follow our own brand of Sikhi, comfort Sikhi when things are not the way we like them its easily adjustable, easily we can move tenants, we can move gurbani being well educated to accommodate our own lifestyles. We really don't know what Sikhi is, today all tenants of this faith are sitting on the street, and there was a time when someone was sawed in half, cut limb by limb for things we give up on a whim.

A heritage forgotten is a heritage lost. And this is the result; a fake Singh is Kinng with snoop doggy dog wearing dastaar. And we are happy that wow we get this exposure. What of those who gave their lives, sacrificed their children who were cut piece by piece and they had only one line in their hearts, a thankfulness of Sikhism. When have we thanked god for being brought up in a Sikh family, with this rich tradition, probably never.

What a joke this is, what a mockery it is of what a Singh really should be. A Singh is someone who is in control of their destiny, who will not shake their ideals, and will uphold to death not only their rights but the rights of others, even if it means they will be joked about for saving hindu women at 12 o clock, they did it. Think about these details and one will have no thoughts of the selflessness of these individuals who having no problems of their own took on other ppls problems, having no homes of their own, saved other's homes.

These Singhs travelled at night, in the morning the only evidence being the hoof marks of their horses, it is said at that time women of the pinds which were protected by these unsung heros would come out and touch these tracks and pray that there sons be as brave as those who travelled the night.

There was no Batman or Superman, there were only those Khalsa's who defended the honor of those who had no other hope. We are part of that legacy, what will the future generations say about us? That the heros of the past have turned to drinking to cut hair to doing whatever seemed right for their on enjoyment, forgetting what a rich and one of a kind history they had.

The world is full of great ppl, but I challenge anyone to show me a community that has been through the adversity that Sikhs have, at one time being wiped out by 50% of their population. (That would mean even more than the holocaust for Jews by percentage). Within a year after that time frame they were the rulers of Punjab, after being cut down they only grew, after being killed they only increased. What resilience they had, today for the cheapest things for the things that have no value, we sacrifice, our priceless gifts, our priceless inheritance from those souls just vanishes into thin air.

It is true, today we are only good enough for a movie title Singh is Kinng, otherwise there is no proof of that.

Sikh-80 Ji

Thanks for posting an analysis of a community that went through the hardest times in the History of India and showed the world that with ethics and morality a unique identity could be well kept and oppression could turn it only into a community of warriors destined to rule eventually. It comes down to the leaders, unfortunately ours have chosen a path of duality and are stooped to that level where sell off becomes a goal of life. Blaming Bollywood is an emotional outburst; integrity is built through the efforts of leaders and parenthood.
May I ask if you don’t mind, what personally you have been doing in this regard since you have felt it so badly but very honestly? Exemplary living may pay off slowly if not fast.:)

jonathan

SPNer
Nov 23, 2008
Sikh-80 Ji

Thanks for posting an analysis of a community that went through the hardest times in the History of India and showed the world that with ethics and morality a unique identity could be well kept and oppression could turn it only into a community of warriors destined to rule eventually. It comes down to the leaders, unfortunately ours have chosen a path of duality and are stooped to that level where sell off becomes a goal of life. Blaming Bollywood is an emotional outburst; integrity is built through the efforts of leaders and parenthood.
May I ask if you don’t mind, what personally you have been doing in this regard since you have felt it so badly but very honestly? Exemplary living may pay off slowly if not fast.:)

as for this movie we must not forget the paganism that prevails Bollywood.
Sikhism is not pagan like the Hinduism of India.
We believe in one devine being that can not be defined into any physical terms.
Praise the holy path of Sikhism.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
as for this movie we must not forget the paganism that prevails Bollywood.
Sikhism is not pagan like the Hinduism of India.
We believe in one devine being that can not be defined into any physical terms.
Praise the holy path of Sikhism.

Jonathan Ji
Blaming on bollywood is not a way of seeking the truth of downfall of Sikhism that was once at peak of all possible ethics and morality and was showing faith in only one Pervading Lord. What you see in Bollywood, I have seen in Punjab all over during my visit to India last year. Besides, Guru Ghar money is being looted and used for selfish goals. Sikhs have lost touch of clear cut message of Guru NanakGobind Singh ji. Before Bollywood became influential, in the villages of Punjab, worshiping of graves, ancestors, Sharadh and other Hindu Religious practices were already in practice. How and why? The parents, who paid attention towards the uniqueness and quality of Sikhism, saved their generation from becoming affected from outside influences. If it exists today in its purity, it is because of those parents. If such parents didn’t perform that positive role, by now, all would have blended into various sectarian cults which are booming day and night in Punjab and through out India. Accept it or stay in denial, it is the parenthood and the leaders who can make difference. We have lost good people and we are not able to know how to fight except indulging in blaming game or shouting none sense slogans. Attacks from all sides have affected its followers. Religion survives on leader’s exemplary living and efforts to counter the attacks coming from all sides. Supported of Paganism are more aware of their goal than we Sikh are.:)

jonathan

SPNer
Nov 23, 2008
thank you so much for you reply
I am just now starting out on my spiritual path of Sikh Knowledge and understanding.
there is a Sikh here in sc who owns a truckstop.
he has a beautiful wife. she could be in the movies

kilemba

SPNer
Mar 17, 2008
Raj Karegha Khalsa , the isue is what are we going to do about it, do we let non-sikhs dictate what is good for us? We know it within our hearts and minds that we should Jap Naam and dont let others dictate us.
We have always known we are Kings long before this bollywood debacle. Let us show it to the world that we are worthy of this title .

jonathan

SPNer
Nov 23, 2008
Your so right my friend
I was just taliking to a good sikh friend of mind who believes we must tone down all the indulgences of all night orgies and hempsmoking:roll:

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Raj Krega Khalsa” When this slogan was given, the real khalsa, took it seriously not only to rule but to keep a word given to Guru to be highest in morality and ethics even during war times; those were the real khalsa who gave a hell to the invaders while being literally homeless and kept their word given to Guru, result was this that they became rulers from warriors. As long as they kept their word given to Guru they stayed in power.
Every one today loves to boast to be khalsa, I wonder if they ever stand before Guru and analyze if really they represent Guru Ji because Guru not only gave them high morality and ethics but also intellectual boost that is very much needed to rule. Punjab has been seized morally and ethically, intellectuals are bought, young men who are ready to do any thing are being demoralized by these so called Sikh leaders. Threats were never used as a weapon by Guru’s Khalsa, it was their unparallel bravery and ready to sacrifice everything that changed the course of history. I just do not believe in boasting.:)

May 30, 2007
Well Sat Siri Akal to all my sikh friends around the world n within India.well all should know that bollywood is just an industry which can do anything to pump money from their viewers.This industry has learnt that nearly 20 million sikhs r residing abroad n r very very rich n if they can targt these masses,they can make big money ,maybe some few million dollars which far more than what they earn in making many movies over an year time....problem is not that sikhs r shown clowns but they have turned far more manmukhs than gurmukhs...Just visit punjab n u will find all youth(nearly 95%) have got their hairs removed n they like the stupid heros of bollywood which even bollywood claims well n high.....They have really turned clowns n they love to copy bollywood actors who themselves r just employes of bollywood industry n paid for each movie they make..........There is no doubt that sikh religion is the best religion in the world but unfortunately it also one of the many religions which has greatest disobeyers to their holy guru granth sahib ji.Today 99.999% sikhs disobey guru high n bold.Sikhs should know that sikhism path r not easy n they think it is easy to acept guru bachans n follow them...Wrong ,very wrong..Sikhism is toughest of all religions n lifestyle it gives to a sikh makes him/her super strong n best in the world..that's why Guru Gobind Singh Ji maharaj called his beloved sikhs SARDARS,means Rulers,kings n fearless Masters....History has clearly revealed that sikhs of Guru's time hardly slept ,means they slept tiny n were always ready for any attack from outside or planned by them on their enemy....Guru warned his sikhs to have best weapons of time to be with them or else they will be butchered like sheeps...this is what happened in Delhi roits where delhi deh pappe like to wear excellent dress,move in cars n never troubled their body to learn n use weapons n doing exercises...they slept like sheeps n not like alert soldiers who need to avert any danger coming on their head...thousands were butchered n burnt alive but they had never united in the most difficult time n sticked to their differences with other sikh-mates.They love to fight n dtay apart with their foolish differences.I myself have seen that these sikhs never slept like alert saint soldiers ,they wake up at 9 or 11 o'clock n no sign of any weapons with them,etc...Sikhs trusted hindus like anything but guru himself showed in his time that hindus r No.1 enemies of sikhs n trusting them is like doing suicide..Sikhs today have to rely on Hindu army(Indian Army) for protection..what a great shame......Is this what is Sikh lions of Guru Gobind Singh Hi Maharaj......Sikhs today love to sleep till sun is up n shining high...Guru says that sikh should sleep tiny(maybe 30 mins to 45mins n alert like a saint-soldier in war) n remain with Guru n Simran most of the time.During daylight he/she should perform their duties n walk the Path of Gobind n should make all planning n preparation,weaponry,arms n wipe out any evil arising from far n near.....Sleeping n eating is all their lifestyle today.Sikhs have turned Bingo-eaters(just like American Fatty guys) n eat like hell.Their stomach muscles have swollen n turned always tired n hungry for more food.They eat n drink whole day n night n sleep whole night..Remember what Guru has warned us..:RAAT GAVAI SOHEY KEH DINAS GAVAYA KHAYE,HEERA JESSA JANAM HAI KODDE BADLEY JAYAE....."They visit gurudwaras only to enjoy langar n women for chatting n Chugli of one another...They listen to Guubani n as soon they come out of temple they r back to what they were before..NO Change at all..Sikh women don't like to wear dastar becoz she wants to be more like other worldly girls mainly filmy heroins....Many have started looking for clean-shaven pigs so thay can carry out dirt well....jats r the worst among sikhs who have only the old people only as full sikh roop.....I am not here for critising but to making all alert n aware of where we r wrong today or we r going to face another blood bath like Delhi roits n attack on our temples by the ugly Hindu evils....GAIN ALL UR MIGHT N PICK PATH OF GURU JI WITH FULL POWER N INNER STRENGTH.....WITHOUT GURU NOTHING IS POSSIBLE...SIKHS MADE HISTORY JUST BECOZ THEY FOLLOWED GURU MAHARAJS....SIKH RELIGION IS ALL ABOUT OBEYING GURU N FOLLOWING WHAT GURU SAYS,EVEN IF HIS WAYS R UTMOST TOUGH...But when a sikh starts follow the tough paths he/she turns super strong n undefeatableevn by big empires.Today sikhs r in millions but still Hindus came n destroyed our temples,burnt our granth n insulted our holy places.Govt came n demolished n bombarded our Golden temple n it has been more than 15 years n no reversed attack on them...(lions always attack back fearless when attacked n kill their enemy)..Look what Banda singh bahadur did to mugals just becoz they bricked sahibjadhes of guruji....reason...banda Singh Bahadur followed guru Gobind Singh ji.Guru's every word was his life n destiny...Sleep less n eat just needed n meditate n sing gurubani with heart n soul n listen carefully what Akal Purak says in his melodious Bani n n during daylight perform ur duties of Guru Ji...OBEYING GURU IS ALL WHAT SIKHS LACK TODAY....JUST BY SAYING SINGH IS KING DOESN'T MAKE HIM SO,BUT OBEYING GURU JI CAN...TAKE MY WORDS N JUST GO FOR IT...SIKHS WILL RULE THE WORLD N WICKED INDIAN GOVT WILL BE VANISHED FOR EVER...WKK WKF...

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Fivelovedones Khalsa Ji, in my heart still the genocide of Sikhs is fresh, I wouldn’t be able to forgive who did that. What you are stating in context of Hindus is outright incorrect.
Let me give you some examples

• Many close family members of my relatives explained how they were saved by their Hindu neighbors. When you attack all Hindu community, you are insulting those good souls who risked every thing for Sikhs in Delhi.
  • Guru Gobind Singh ji went to help those Hindu kings again even after having got attacked by them. Why? To teach us to go above “Muslim tyrants hatred”
  • Bahadar Shah’s father murdered his father, at his support, Guru’s family and Sikhs were murdered but Guru ji didn’t bear any grudge against either Hindus or Muslims. So pointing at other communities, you yourself disobey Guru ji and at the same time you try to inspire others to follow Guru. I haven’t read ( I tried to read a lot) a single instruction from Guru to single out one community.
Please show big heart of a Khalsa so that other can get inspiration from you.:)

May 24, 2008

I like to add to it as :
In Punjab there is a lot of visual affluence , all the farmers own land . Land's prices r all time high . Average price of one acre is minimum 15,00,000/ per acre for ordinary agricultural land . Average land price in vicinity of big cities like Ludhiana , Amritsar , Jalandhar is minimum One Crore ( 250,000 USD ) making even small farmers US Millionaires . But the advent of consumerism that has come up is affecting the psyche of the youth . They r into EAT , DRINK & MAKE MERRY mode . They have stopped working with hands , laziness has crept all over . All sort of immoral activities like drugs , rape , pre marital sex , affairs r rampant . Alcohal , drugs use is all time high . About 85% of rural youth r hooked to intoxicants , about three fourth r also hooked to hard drugs . This is also true for girls in rural areas though percentage is lesser . The Punjabi media is another name for sleaze & porn . All the programmes r built to induce youth to immoral activities & superstition like Astrology , numerology & futurology . Babas , astrologers & soothsayers r rampant . People r flocking to Babas , Peers , graves , astrologers like anything . A visit to Peer Grave is utmost necessary on Thursday , followed by Mata Darshan on Tuesdays , Shani Daan on Saturdays . Female foeticide is rampant , castism is rampant . People also pay a visit to ELDERS' PLACE ( Jathere ) on Thursdays to light a lamp which is of course based on different castes & gotras . I have yet to come across a JATT who does not bear his SURNAME on his sleeve like Sidhu , Dhillon , Gill , Virk etc & the list is endless . But one thing is common clean shaven boys wearing Khanda alongwith Mouli ( Sacred Hindu Thread ) One thread on this site ' Stampede at Naina Devi Temple ' amply summarises the present state the depth to which the rot has set in . 95 % of village youth have turned apostate ( Patits ) ie they r clean shaven , no longer keep hair . Everybody is having the best in these good times .
At this rate good times r not going to last very long . What happens , when this affluence is over . How youth will cope with that time of distress is anybody's guess ? The state is certainly ripe for SINGH SABHA type reform movement to inculcate the basic good values of Sikhism in rural youth of Punjab more so than any other time in the history of Sikhism .

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM