• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Since When Did We Sikhs Start Getting Depressed, Anxious , OCD And A Host Of Other Mental Illnesses

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,
Depression/ Anxiety

Its a state of Meta Physical Imbalance

Depression : Negative Thoughts Beyond Physical Resolution.

Anxiety : Posititve Thought beyond physical resolution.

Balance thinking practical execution leads to balanced approach of life.

There is no depression or anxiety but activation of dream state, physically non executable approach.

For GURSIKH such events shall not appear.

Steps :

1. Stop negative thoughts by NAAM meditation, sometimes reciting any name will work, rather than thinking negative.
2. Try to achieve through physical actions
3. Shed non executable thoughts, and believe in Truth of Nature.
4. All negative thoughts shall come with resolution and possible action.

So for positive thoughts.

META PHYSICAL balance is key to healthy life.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Depression/ Anxiety

Its a state of Meta Physical Imbalance

Depression : Negative Thoughts Beyond Physical Resolution.

Anxiety : Posititve Thought beyond physical resolution.

Balance thinking practical execution leads to balanced approach of life.

There is no depression or anxiety but activation of dream state, physically non executable approach.

For GURSIKH such events shall not appear.

Steps :

1. Stop negative thoughts by NAAM meditation, sometimes reciting any name will work, rather than thinking negative.
2. Try to achieve through physical actions
3. Shed non executable thoughts, and believe in Truth of Nature.
4. All negative thoughts shall come with resolution and possible action.

So for positive thoughts.

META PHYSICAL balance is key to healthy life.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
I thought we were a kaum that believed and practised the spirit of 'chardi kala' (rising energy, perhaps mystically referring to the rise of coiled kundalini energy along the spine as it usually happens with advanced spiritual stages)

We saw the worst of days under the mughals and the british and then the indian govt. I wonder how did members of such a mentally and physically strong community got physically weakened by drugs and mentally weakened by depression, anxiety and host of other unholy mental diseases .

In my opinion a true gursikh can never be depressed. Because once u believe in god's hukam, once you really believe that whatever happens in your life is god's deed , for your own good !, I think once you truly realize that, there is little room for depression .

What do you sangat think ?

True. But how many practice what u wrote above..

When you realise that pain and pleasure is One, to begin to see Truth in everything, at every angle, and to accept oneself as Truth, that's when the devotee begins to rise above the mental illness of Maya.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
I thought we were a kaum that believed and practised the spirit of 'chardi kala' (rising energy, perhaps mystically referring to the rise of coiled kundalini energy along the spine as it usually happens with advanced spiritual stages)

We saw the worst of days under the mughals and the british and then the indian govt. I wonder how did members of such a mentally and physically strong community got physically weakened by drugs and mentally weakened by depression, anxiety and host of other unholy mental diseases .

In my opinion a true gursikh can never be depressed. Because once u believe in god's hukam, once you really believe that whatever happens in your life is god's deed , for your own good !, I think once you truly realize that, there is little room for depression .

What do you sangat think ?

Having said that, counselling is also highly advised for people with illnesses.

Mental illness includes the five thieves, slandering others, being angry at others, in lust, attachment, greed, ego.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: