• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Sikhs Should Be Afraid Of Nothing!

Annie

SPNer
Jun 12, 2011
It's interesting that a few of you are talking about meditating. When I asked myself that question the other day, "what AM I defined by?" I happened to be go-cart racing at an amusement park with my sons. I noticed I was the slowest driver even though I had the most driving experience, and realized I was driving slowly because I was afraid to crash. I remembered when I was younger I was much more fearless and had more fun, which is what brought on this line of thought. Strangely, in the middle of driving a go-cart, I slipped into a semi-meditative state and the answer came to me: I am NOT defined by anything, except that I am one with the Infinite, which is so vast that it is undefineable. As long as I can hold on to that state of mind, I can not be limited by definitions.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Well said Annie! It's great to discover something like that through your own thoughts and experiences. You can read about opinions and techniques until the cows come home and not get anywhere, but for it to come to you itself is awesome. :mundabhangra:
PS. I'm the slowest go-carter too! I'd rather be on the sidelines eating snacks from the kiosk... :interestedkudi: hehe

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM