• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Sikhs Condemn The Publication Of Cartoons (Scoop.co.nz)

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Sikhs condemn the publication of cartoons (Scoop.co.nz)
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/search/sikh/SIG=11k14p6gm/*http%3A//www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO0602/S00031.htm
Array
Mon, 06 Feb 2006 20:39:34 GMT
New Zealand Sikh Society (Wellington) strongly condemns the deliberate action of some members of New Zealand Press to publish cartoons, which were known to be objectionable to the Muslim community, as it hurts their religious sentiments.

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Personally I am very much against any activity which flames sentiments. In this case, those cartoons did the same job of hurting, and increasing the gaps.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Arvind said:
Personally I am very much against any activity which flames sentiments. In this case, those cartoons did the same job of hurting, and increasing the gaps.

Yes i agree and ALL SIKHS worldwide should condemn such acts...
BUT thats as far as we need to go.
NO Sikh should attend any "rallies" and Street Demonstrations, flag burning parties or stoning of Embassies. Such rallies have an agenda of their own and slogans Agaisnt Western Govts, whites will be raised..and Slogans FOR incidents like 9/11, 7/11 will be Raised and those bombers praised as Martyrs etc..which is NOT the SIKH AGENDA under any circumstances.

Also Muslims as a whole have never attended any Sikh rallies against the French ban on the Turban, the Helmet issue, turban issue in other places, the murder of Sikhs mistaken as Arabs etc etc..all these issues were faced by Sikhs all alone..and ANY SIKH visible presence at these Muslim Rallies etc will only REINFORCE the Mistaken Identity..and result in more sikhs killed, more gurdawaras vandalised etc.

When issues such as Behzti surfaced...Sikhs throughout the world were NOT that incensed...the way the entire Muslim World from as far as Tribals in Pehawar and Afghanistan have arisen..shows there is a Hidden Agenda at work..i am sure 90% of thsoe attending flag burnbings and toning embassies dont even know where Denmark is...the POSTERS carried by the priotestors in indonesia cant even spell the correct names of the countries..

All responsible parties MUST ensurte the rallies and protests SUBSIDE as quickly as possible and solutions be found rateht than ESCALATE things like the Iranians are doing by running a CONTEST for BEST Anti-JEW Cartoon !! This is pouring petrol on fire.

Jarnail Singh Gyani:}--}:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
hardline muslim countries like even saudi arabia even don't allow non muslims to pray at home.is it not the hurting of sentiments of non muslims.but muslims never raised objection against this.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
kds1980 said:
hardline muslim countries like even saudi arabia even don't allow non muslims to pray at home.is it not the hurting of sentiments of non muslims.but muslims never raised objection against this.

Ya I was surprised to read a call to Britihs Sikhs to join in the Rallies..just to show solidarity as the Khan Brothers helped Guru Gobind Singh Ji as "Uch da Pir"..and PIR Budhu Shah fought on Guru Ji's side..and thus its PAY BACK TIME for SIKHS..

These people seem to be blinkered...The Khan Brothers, Pir Budhu Shah, Sheikh farid, Sain Mian Mir..etc etc had NOTHING IN COMMON with those burning embassies stoning police, damaging embassies and trampling sovereign nations' flags..

These people are the blood brothers of those OUTSIDE the walls of Anand Pur and Chamkaur...falsely swearing on the Koran and Bricking up the Chotay Sahibzadehs.the brothers of Aurengzeb, WAZIR KHAN Gov of Sirhind......how can we even say they are same as PiR Budhu Shah or Sain Mian Mir ??

What a warped sense of "pay back"...they dont even know the RIGHT ACCOUNT to pay back into ??

Jarnail Singh Gyani

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh
We have Azam Khan a minister in UP,who is in fact one who called Durga or Ganga as witch and same to Bharat Mata as churail.

He lives in hindu majority country and still enjoys the minister ship.
When jews enter al Aksa it is breach of religeous freedom as mosques is Attacked.During those times newly bulit Somnath Temple was ransacked and Hindus were told to tolrate.(After partition).

Anyway best way would have been to protest in UN or internation court of justice then just making gemickkery and mani reason is to avoid US Attack on Iran.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
vijaydeep Singh said:
Gurfateh
We have Azam Khan a minister in UP,who is in fact one who called Durga or Ganga as witch and same to Bharat Mata as churail.

He lives in hindu majority country and still enjoys the minister ship.
When jews enter al Aksa it is breach of religeous freedom as mosques is Attacked.During those times newly bulit Somnath Temple was ransacked and Hindus were told to tolrate.(After partition).

Anyway best way would have been to protest in UN or internation court of justice then just making gemickkery and mani reason is to avoid US Attack on Iran.

Yes I too have a miniscule suspicion all this is "staged" to muddie the waters, take away world attenton from the NUKES Programme of IRAN..and allow that country to resume making nuclear bombs...while everybody is busy with these demonstrations...."Diversionary action" ??? Has to be because the stage was getting too hot for IRAN..this is perfect timing ( too perfect)...but i think it wont work becasue America is well aware of the danger to the world from such !!

Jarnail singh gayni

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
Jarnil Singh Ji said:

Yes I agree and ALL SIKHS worldwide should condemn such acts...

I have to ask why? Please explain to me why laughing at somebody elses religin is offensive, easpecily if a) it is not one you share, b) you do not belive in God anyway.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Lee said:
Jarnil Singh Ji said:

Yes I agree and ALL SIKHS worldwide should condemn such acts...

I have to ask why? Please explain to me why laughing at somebody elses religin is offensive, easpecily if a) it is not one you share, b) you do not belive in God anyway.

Veer,
Its basic courtesy. We may not "beleive" in or share our neighbour's sentiments...but basic courtesy demands that we put somebody else before us.

We know Muslims dont like to eat ham..and cant even stand the word PIG...so as a basic courtesy we dont throw around this word in their faces.That si why all thsoe Anti jokes are ofensive to most....Jews dotn liek Anti_semitic jokes any more than Sikhs like Anti-Sikh Jokes...but the insensitive will laugh... a "SIKH" may laugh at an Anti-Jew joke..and a Jew may laugh at an Anti-Sikh joke..but when they are told jokes about their own then they may not think it to be so funny.....thats all. Respect and BE RESPECTED.

Gurbani teaches us that...and IF My Guru says RESPECT ALL as BROTHERS..then I am saddened to see one of mine being laughed at...even though I dont beleive in it. The question is not whether I beleive in it..the question is that HE beleives in His..and I will defend that right.

Guru Teg Bahadur Ji Didnt beleive in the JANEAU or Hindu Dharma _ Guru Nanak ji had rejected all of it FORCEFULLY...But Guru Ji gave His Head for the Hindu Right to their religion.

Best of all..Laughing WITH someone is 100 times MORE enjoyable than Laughing AT soembody....that breeds enmity, resentment, wars, anger..WHY go to all that trouble ?? Building bridges is better than demolishing houses...although one may think "building" is hard work..and "demolition Derby" is FUN !!..ultimately it is not.

Respect and be repected.

Jarnail Singh Gyani:whisling:

Dec 8, 2005
Dear Brother

SSAKAL

I have a reason for the cartoons.

Yes we must respect the sentiments of all people and not make any derogratry statment about any bodies cherished values/religion.

I also have a questions to my muslim brothers

1 ) Who is a {censored} and how is he suppose to be dealt with as a sizeable number of them live in Khafir country.

2) Why do muslims have only muslim friends.

3 ) Why are the minorities the smallest in number in only muslim country. No minority has ever experienced growth in any muslim country . Rather there has only been decline.
In Bangladesh the hindu population has declined from 30 to 5 %. WHY ?

4 ) Why we cant build Gurdwara/ Church / temple in a Muslim country.
Where as we have built so many Gurdwaras in west. Muslims have built so many mosques also in west.

5 ) Why is that if I have to marry a muslim girl I have to convert where as the other way around is not true.

6 ) Why do they form ghettos to live.

7 ) Why do they practice family planning in Islamic country and not in country of Khafirs

8) Why do they produce so many bombers to kill innocent people?

9 ) What is there contribution to mankind except Jihads.

I guess they are enjoying to much of niceness of other religion with out reciprocating.

Until they start practising religous tolerance, non violence and think of all humans as one race.

They will find themself in the currant situation.

Hope god gives them strength and insight to get out of there time wrap.

Sarvat Da bhalla .

WGKWGF
Hps62:) :D :whisling: :wah:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: