• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhi Spirit

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Taking out from http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/annoucements/5626-introducing-myself-60.html

as this is an excellent reminder of Sikhi way of life... Khalsa - Akaal purakh ki fauj

I request all to comment about this post here, instead of the "Introductions" thread.... Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------

While I have the DEEPEST respect for the the Sikh Panth, I would comment that neither Guru Nanaak Dev Ji, or Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj EVER imagined a "sect" OR religion. That is more than ENTIRELY clear by everything they themselve wrote, sang, preached and taught.

While I in NO way consider myself a Christian for decades now, I would comment that the last apostle, Paul said "true religion and undefiled is this, to care for the poor and orphaned, feed widows, and take care of the homeless."
Religion with a small "r" is the territory of man, while religion with a capital "R" is the essence of Waheguru and Gurmat. Even Guru Gobind Singh Ji, initiating, and creating the Khalsa, did not in any way mean to or wish to create a "religion." I sometimes think that he might just very DEEPLY disapprove of such a thing.

And, I'm not in any way intimating that religion is a bad thing, no, not at all, but we MUST always remember, what the Ten Masters revealed, and also embodied in Guru Granth Sahib Ji...Not a religion, rather a relationship with Akaal Purkh Waheguru.

While there ARE in fact very many sincere Panjabi Sikhs, that follow Gurmat, I observe the EXACT same thing in the Panth, that has occured in nearly EVERY religion that has ever existed...that would be man made history and interpretation, which again isn't necessarily bad or wrong, but must simply be seen for what it is.

While not mentioning where or whom, very MANY Panjabi Sikh where I lived and attending the Gurdwara continually had a scathing and negative attitude towards anyone who was not Panjabi, being an active and faithful Sikh in the Khalsa Panth...and when they did, they almost always distrusted us...again, not much different than any OTHER "religion."

Having said all of the above, I am convinced, and for a very long time, that Gurbani and Waheguru Simran are the only and very direct way to merge ones self with the Guru and reach Moksha...I know this, not because of ANYTHING I was EVER taught, but by both reading GGS Ji, and remembering the Lord's name, in my heart and mind, to the exlusion of all else.

You'll find, that I won't ever bow to political/religous/philosophical "flame wars", neither is it my nature, nor do I want to travel down that path of destruction.

I do agree with what one brother said in an earlier posting...
that the Golden Temple has doors facing the Cardinal directions, because Guru Ji, intends that ALL have access to liberation, not just one ethnic class, nor "religion" as is again noted by Guru Nanaak Dev Ji having both a Hindu and a Muslim disciple/companion.

I pray that ALL may come to know Guru Ji's grace as I have...

humbly,
Anand-Gurdas Singh, bliss filled slave of the Guru
Sat Naam Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguruuuuu. . . . . . .

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM