• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Youth Who ?

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
@ Tash : welcome to the SPN forum and thanks for your Nice, clear and mature thoughts!

Dear Gill Ji

It swritten on the site that they ship to almost anywhere in the world so I think the answer to your question is yes

joty4

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009
um.. are we not to become detached????? are we not to told to give up ALL pride/ greed/ egp/ anger etc? so i dont think it shud matter if its fake pride ro true pride.. its still pride. as soon as u feel that i think u become just a lil bit distant from the teachings of guru granth sahib. and answering the main quetion.. um.. i dont think u shud judge people by their physicla appearacnce. i kno SOOO many sikhs who wear a turban and are even amrit shak but they disrespect so many of the teachings of the guru granth sahib... at heart they are not sikh at all and are a disgrace and insult to sikhi and the guru granth sahib. these people nuture so much hatred and greed and jealousy and deciet, and so many otherr negative emotions that the guru granth sahib says we should eliminate from our system. they're fake... they have no love for the guru grnath sahib because they are clearly ready to disrespect it. at the same time i kno sooo many people who are not amrit shak or wear a turban but the have a very pure, clean heart. these people are veryy helpful to all,, they spread much love, and they truely love the guru and sikhi and honour very much. they don't pretend to be something by keeping a turban and then commiting all the bad deeds we are not supposed to. these people lead a very honest and truthful life. these people are the true followers of the guru granth sahib. so no,,, i do not think u shud ban them from doing seva because maybe that is there express of their love for the guru, their deeds not their appearance. u shud not label people by their physical appearance, label them after evaluating their actions because those hold the true value. U wud be doing a good deed by letting these people do seva... i dont think you, or neone, has the right to decide who shud or shud not be doing seva or who is/is not a sikh just thru their physical appearance

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Joyty4 ji

This is my understanding, for what it is worth, of the difference between true and false pride (also known as true or false ego). First, yes, we should eliminate Pride, HOWEVER

um.. are we not to become detached????? are we not to told to give up ALL pride/ greed/ egp/ anger etc? so i dont think it shud matter if its fake pride ro true pride.. its still pride. as soon as u feel that i think u become just a lil bit distant from the teachings of guru granth sahib. and answering the main quetion.. um.. i dont think u shud judge people by their physicla appearacnce.

We probably should not judge by appearance however the question of knowing or seeing the pride of someone else is a slippery slope. So judging the pride of others is also something to avoid.

i kno SOOO many sikhs who wear a turban and are even amrit shak but they disrespect so many of the teachings of the guru granth sahib... at heart they are not sikh at all and are a disgrace and insult to sikhi and the guru granth sahib. these people nuture so much hatred and greed and jealousy and deciet, and so many otherr negative emotions that the guru granth sahib says we should eliminate from our system. they're fake... they have no love for the guru grnath sahib because they are clearly ready to disrespect it.

This would be where the false pride comes in -- as you say the outer appearance is one of piety but inwardly some are negative and hateful toward others because of the false ego which tells them that they have kept up the externals and are entitled to judge others.

at the same time i kno sooo many people who are not amrit shak or wear a turban but the have a very pure, clean heart. these people are veryy helpful to all,, they spread much love, and they truely love the guru and sikhi and honour very much. they don't pretend to be something by keeping a turban and then commiting all the bad deeds we are not supposed to. these people lead a very honest and truthful life. these people are the true followers of the guru granth sahib.

Here the question of pride is to accept the hukam of the Khalsa declared by the 10th Guru to be his image on earth,i.e., To give one's head and accept the humility that comes from entering the khalsa.

so no,,, i do not think u shud ban them from doing seva because maybe that is there express of their love for the guru, their deeds not their appearance. u shud not label people by their physical appearance, label them after evaluating their actions because those hold the true value. U wud be doing a good deed by letting these people do seva... i dont think you, or neone, has the right to decide who shud or shud not be doing seva or who is/is not a sikh just thru their physical appearance

Labeling is always painful if you are labeled. But it is always going to happen. There are some sevas that cannot be performed by anyone except those who have taken amrit. But there are other sevas that are performed by anyone and everyone.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: