• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Road Trip

Sicarius

SPNer
Jul 10, 2012
I have a plan to do a 'Sikh trip' within North America in my upcoming free-time such as Thanksgiving break or Spring Break. Perhaps the end of the Summer. This leads me to my final question. Where should I go to do a Sikh trip Vancouver or Santa Fe? Vanouver has a large Punjabi Sikh community that has many lapsed or less than practicing members integrated into the mainstream culture, where as Santa Fe has many many American-converts who are going agains the Mainstream cultures to hold up Sikhism.

The two nearest epicenters of Sikhism in N.AM are Vancouver and Santa Fe, New Mexico. Where do you think would be the best place to go to immerse oneself. ...Thoughts?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Sicariusji

If it were me, I would just get in the car and head off for destinations unknown, follow your heart, I am sure it would be an interesting adventure

However out of the two , I would say Vancouver would give you a better chance of seeing 'traditional' Sikhism

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
I would love to see the Aurora Borealis.

For now, the most magnificent place I've been to so far is the Grand Canyon...standing on the edge of the abyss, (whilst scared of heights!), makes you feel like an insignificant speck against the vast wonder of Creation...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM