• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Coinage Sikh Religious Coin Of Sat Kartar Dating Back To 1804

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
It Is A North Indian Coin from region of PUNJAB and depicts the Sikh faith. A rare coin purportedly minted 260 years ago in 1748 by one of the Sikh missals. (Minted 1804 is Hindu calendar call Vikram Smavat started 56 years ahead of Georgian Calendar) The coin made of an alloy resembling bronze, bears picture of the first Guru (Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji) on observe (Date Side) exergues reads Sant Kartar and the tenth Guru (Shri Guru Govind Singh Ji) on the reverse side. While Guru Nanak Dev is flanked by Bhai Mardana and Bhai Bala, holding rabab(Violin like instrument) and chaur(Hand-held Fan) in their hands, a bai is seen sitting near Guru Gobind Singh. Also shown in the picture are the khrawon (slipper made of wood) and a lota (small water pot). It Is claimed and maintained that the ambiguity about the pictorial and mohar coins was due to lack of concern shown by successive governments about the Sikh history. It was certainly after October 14, 1745, that the chief of missals started minting coins in the names of the ten Gurus. The very fact the coin bears pictures of the first and the tenth Guru shows that it was not minted during the regime of any sovereign ruler . Referring to the pages of history, each chief tried to strengthen his hold over the areas under his control and even started minting coins. A number of mints in Amritsar and one at Anandgarh came into existence. But a special feature of these mints was that coins were minted by all in the name of the Sikh Gurus as had been the traditional practice and no chief put his name on these coins or even changed the legend.

http://tuffclassified.com/sikh-religious-coin-of-sant-kartar-dating-back-to-1804/

Attachments

• 652058.jpg
    652058.jpg
    9.6 KB · Reads: 1,256

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Re: Sikh Religious Coin of Sant Kartar Dating back to 1804

The Correct word is ..... SAT KARTAR...( NOT Sant).

Sat Kartar was the Fateh / Bola of Guru Nanak Ji Sahib when greeting....and Means TRUE CREATOR (Kartar)..Karta Purakh ...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Re: Sikh Religious Coin of Sant Kartar Dating back to 1804

You are right, Gyani ji! The "sant" in the original article title - see the url - is wrong. Someone should tell them.

I left this reply on the web site, Dear Sir:

The word “Sant” in the title should be corrected to “Sat” …as Sat Kartar is a fundamental Sikh belief of One God, Doer of All, whose name is Truth. Thus, Sat Katar ..or…the “Creator is Truth” …not “Sant.”

Thank you

so they correct it - otherwise incorrect information will continue on and on. Thanks :)

Jan 10, 2010
Dear Group Members

Please note that members should not confuse the above image with coins of the Sikh Empire. These are in fact Sikh tokens, they were produced in metals of brass, silver and gold.

Regards Parminder
SIKH COINS GROUP
Understanding history, culture and heritage through numismatics.

A.Awan

SPNer
May 30, 2019
SSA,
I have original sat kartar coin .I bought that coin long time ago from a vendor . The vendor told me that someone sold this coin to me for pura and that coin found from the demolished house near chatti padshahi Gurdwara temple road lahore. I bought many coins from that guy. I could not buy a sword from the vendor because kids broke sword into the two pieces . I want you should research on that coin or token. who minted it and what was the real purpose of this coin. Just a temple token or blessed token. I am also attaching pics of coin . I saw on the net only two people have same coin like me.

Attachments

• 20190529_230118.jpg
    20190529_230118.jpg
    92.6 KB · Reads: 433

A.Awan

SPNer
May 30, 2019
I don't know how to delete the old post that's why I am giving new video link of rare Sat kartar coin you can read more detail of that masterpiece under the description. thnx

A.Awan

SPNer
May 30, 2019
SSA what is written on the crown of Guru Sahib please explain

Attachments

• 20190630_082706.jpg
    20190630_082706.jpg
    80.3 KB · Reads: 337

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: