• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Sikh Philosophy Vs Religion, And The Eternal Soul

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
ou,re line of thinking is if some physical body is cloned...the same soul then occupies both bodies?. Interesting...
Do God supply one more soul to the human made clone with blank previous life karma accounts?
Physical death....would be good to learn what you think might happen to you after death based in your reading of gurbani.
Who am I to guess? On one hand we admit he is Inaccessible, unapproachable, with countless celestial realms, but on other hand claim to know what happens after physical death by fabricating karma philosophy, pun paap philosphy, hell, heaven and we keep on claiming to know 'what happens after death' as we have access to His office by using secondary sources
My reference to 3 dimensions comes from the directive given by guru ji...Guru ji tells us...'you fools stop looking on the inside...god is within you'.
I am not able to grasp your three dimension theory. Can you elborate

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
sorry, just to interject, but the quote made above seems lost on me, is it incomplete? or is it worded wrongly?

why would we be fools to look inside if god is within?

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Japji ji. I will reply properly on monday.

In my opinion being unapproachable and inaccessible means we cannot just walk towards Him and find him all by ourselves...his hand is needed...hence why guru ji walks a hundred steps towards you as you take one step towards him. Hence where our love and surrendering to his power takes place.

I am not asking you to guess about what happens when you physically due. But this leads to my other question.

Do you believe you can see him, hear him, all his countless realms and creation...the secrets of life and creation and everything beyond....all whilst alive in your physical body.. without the need to wait until death?

To me that is what guru ji said I can do...and the first step is to stop looking on the outside and start looking within. That one step is followed by guru ji keeping his end of the deal and taking a hundred steps towards you.

Would be good to hear you thoughts on my question. God bless

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Do God supply one more soul to the human made clone with blank previous life karma accounts?
Who am I to guess? On one hand we admit he is Inaccessible, unapproachable, with countless celestial realms, but on other hand claim to know what happens after physical death by fabricating karma philosophy, pun paap philosphy, hell, heaven and we keep on claiming to know 'what happens after death' as we have access to His office by using secondary sources
I am not able to grasp your three dimension theory. Can you elborate

Japji ji,

to help me understand you better, it would be interesting to have your opinion on this following question...

Do you believe you can see Him, hear Him, all His countless realms and creation...the secrets of life and creation and everything beyond....all whilst alive in your physical body.. without the need to wait until death?

thank you ji

god bless

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
Do you believe you can see Him, hear Him, all His countless realms and creation...the secrets of life and creation and everything beyond....all whilst alive in your physical body.. without the need to wait until death?
When guru sahibs says, 'ਮੈ ਪੇਖਿਓ ਰੀ ਊਚਾ ਮੋਹਨੁ ਸਭ ਤੇ ਊਚਾ ॥ ਆਨ ਨ ਸਮਸਰਿ ਕੋਊ ਲਾਗੈ ਢੂਢਿ ਰਹੇ ਹਮ ਮੂਚਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ He does not mean he is claiming to have seen God but is telling God residing within me is highest of all (upper than sidh, peer sur and nath) and jeo mandir ko thameh thaman - His divine intellect is support of my manh thus I can relish and be virtuous like Him. He is balhari kudrat vasia - He resides through His laws of nature and laws of nature is the will of God.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
When guru sahibs says, 'ਮੈ ਪੇਖਿਓ ਰੀ ਊਚਾ ਮੋਹਨੁ ਸਭ ਤੇ ਊਚਾ ॥ ਆਨ ਨ ਸਮਸਰਿ ਕੋਊ ਲਾਗੈ ਢੂਢਿ ਰਹੇ ਹਮ ਮੂਚਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ He does not mean he is claiming to have seen God but is telling God residing within me is highest of all (upper than sidh, peer sur and nath) and jeo mandir ko thameh thaman - His divine intellect is support of my manh thus I can relish and be virtuous like Him. He is balhari kudrat vasia - He resides through His laws of nature and laws of nature is the will of God.

thank you ji for the reply.

i agree with you wholeheartedly with regards to aligning our mind with Gurmat and Waheguru's qualities and letting them flourish in our daily actions in life. This has to be a priority in our lives.

my extension to your response is that i believe/know that we have the capacity to see the light of god and hear Waheguru Ji's Shabad within us whilst we are alive in the physical body in the present moment. if we put our dyann and focus into this..Guru Ji will surely come and take our hand.

God Bless Ji.

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
my extension to your response is that i believe/know that we have the capacity to see the light of god and hear Waheguru Ji's Shabad within us whilst we are alive in the physical body in the present moment. if we put our dyann and focus into this..Guru Ji will surely come and take our hand.
He has no light, He is representing himself through laws of nature and that is it. All these deras and other magician are bluffing innocents and enjoying in posh cars..

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
He has no light, He is representing himself through laws of nature and that is it. All these deras and other magician are bluffing innocents and enjoying in posh cars..

did i mention anything about Deras and other magicians? :)

i am talking from my own first hand experience, not from what anyone else has said... :)

it is very difficult to deny ones own experience...it is very personal and profound. But of course you are entitled to not believe me...or question these experiences :)

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
All these deras and other magician are bluffing innocents and enjoying in posh cars..
....let them ! Rise above discrimination of this sort and be a Guru's "Sikh". These kind of words do not befit a Sikh of the house of Nanak. The wheat from the sheaf will one day manifest - jo kara so bhara [whosoever incures repays]. Let us remain true in spirit and in word to the house of Nanak.

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
i am talking from my own first hand experience, not from what anyone else has said... :)

it is very difficult to deny ones own experience...it is very personal and profound. But of course you are entitled to not believe me...or question these experiences
If I am not wrong, are you confirming having seen the light and as such have seen the god.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Jap ji,

Have see and heard many things which has thrown all rational thinking out the window.

Have I reached home? Something inside tells me I still have a way to go.

My own observation concerning my own deeds and thought tells me I am still very much tormented by the 5 thieves albeit a lot less than in the past.

What I have seen and heard however is enough to never ever again cast doubt on anything I read in gurbani...

This is why it is currently 4:30am and the world sleeps whilst I spend a little time with sangat (you)...some contemplation on gurbani...listening to some fantastic shbad kirtan...(recommend listening to some Biba arvindpal kaur) and then a timeless silent moment with my beloved...

One must not stop once the compass is set. This opportunity may never arise again.

God bless ji

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
Rise above discrimination of this sort and be a Guru's "Sikh". These kind of words do not befit a Sikh of the house of Nanak. The wheat from the sheaf will one day manifest - jo kara so bhara [whosoever incures repays]. Let us remain true in spirit and in word to the house of Nanak.
Being responsible sikh, it is duty of each and every sikh to bring awareness. Guru Nanak didn't feel shy to address them 'Banres kai thug'

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Being responsible sikh, it is duty of each and every sikh to bring awareness. Guru Nanak didn't feel shy to address them 'Banres kai thug'

First n foremost, we are human beings Created after the image of God. Humans are fast approaching a more complete fulfilment of the great and sacred mission which they have to perform in this world. God has bestowed virtues upon the human soul so as to aid it to discover the laws by which Akal Purakh governs its creation. By making these laws standard of action, the human can conquer nature to better the human condition, thus him/herself a divine instrument.

For being a Sikh the burden of responsibility in a liberal-cosmopolitan society is far greater than that of on an ordinary citizen. Expectations are fundamentally humungous, that is, the realisation of the unity of humankind. Not a unity which breaks down limits and levels of the peculiar characteristics of the different sects, faiths, but rather a unity of common values - human values.

There is diversity in Waheguru's world, that is to say, there is more than one type of fruit, more than one type of person, creed, ideology, etc. The idea is not to confine the spirit of Waheguru to one single uniformity [Sikh], but rather diversify by honouring, respecting and understanding. A true Sikh is "tolerant" of all the different makes n models which surrounds him/her because he/she understands that all are Akal Purakh's creations, some below, some average and some above the level of awareness.

Sikhism is love ! No room for vile discrimination.

Thank you !

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM