• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Sikh Name-change Letter Challenged On Facebook (CBC)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Oh Arvind, don't apologize. I wasn't asking you specifically -- but anyone who would know. This is the craziest story in the past two weeks -- really crazy. I just wanted to write to some politicians if the US had a similar policy. Reminds me of the story of Rip Van Winkle with a twist . You open your eyes after a long, deep sleep and NOTHING has changed!

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Does anyone know what the United States policy is on this? I would like to know.

Well I dont think so ?!

As an indian Ctizen I have visited US twice and Yes Immigration people face problem handling sikh names
Guess what ?! on my first application there were more than 5 people with ditto same name as me and where on there data base and one of them had even Same Date of Birth so see there is sometime practicle problem due very much similar Coomon first name and Universall Last name ( singh/kaur)when managing Data

So Sikhs should come up with solution ?!

May be sikhs are meant to high tech beings as in coming days IRIS PATTERN is going to become standard for Idenification thean may be we can manage common sikh name easily :) :)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I hope that is not the answer. The group that will get the most benefit from that is Sun Microsystems who are advancing that technology. Saints they are. Rich too.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM