• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Sikh-Muslim Marriages

Jan 29, 2010
Tehran
Zahim Nasir,

Guru fateh.

Thanks for the response.

Thanks for sharing your belief. This world is full of them. The fact of the matter is that Allah came into existence for the Musilms much later than the God/s of the other two Abrahamic religions, Judaism and Christianity. Islam is the third one. This fact can not be denied no matter how much one tries.

As God is infinite, then once you give it/him/her a name, it ceases being infinite but becomes finite. So your claim that"There is no god but Alláh", makes Allah nothing but a finite one. Dogmas based on subjective truths make this happen which is very common in dogmatic religions.

So, if your God whom you call Allah sent a messenger then it shows that your God Allah is nothing but a personified deity, a being. Only a personified deity can send some so called messenger and that too only one claiming monopoly :) ,which itself makes no sense. And he came a bit too late in the picture of the existence of mankind. But as it is your belief and beliefs are not based on any truth, hence the name belief, I respect that.

Thanks for the history about your religion where hatred among Muslims is a norm not an exception but you have failed to respond to my questions for the reasons only known to you.

1. Why do Sunnis and Shias hate each other?

2. Why do they kill each other without any discrimination?

The fact is that suicide bombers are everyday occurrences in the Muslim world.

3. Do they consider each other infidels- kaffirs and yet to serve the same personified deity called Allah?

4. Do they kill the fellow Muslims in the name of Allah?

5. Why all this hatred in the name of Allah when Islam is supposed to mean peace?

6. Is this some kind of self defeating prophecy in your claim,"There is no god but Alláh"?

Here, you are mixing apples with oranges and I hope it is an oversight rather than a deliberate attempt to mislead.

We are not comparing different religions here but we are strictly talking about Islam. So, let's stick to that otherwise it seems nothing but a cop out and some lame excuse and nothing but a dishonest attempt by a Muslim like you.

In the above, you have done nothing but to play Allah, your personified deity. I am sure you have similar kind of feelings about the Sunnis. So, in other words, these factions have nothing to do with "There is no god but Alláh" but the men of Allah who hate each other. The suicide bombers are the factual manifestations of that and the killings happen daily. Do you deny that fact as a Muslim about the killings?

It is easy to blame the Western media when there is a censorship and a shameless lie by the Iranian President when he was in the US and claimed that there were no gays in Iran which is hillarious to say the least.

Why do you think he lied about this trivial matter and why there is so much censorship in Iran and people being oppressed and getting disappeared?

Do Musilms usually lie in this shameless manner? Is this part of Islam?

And all this is thanks to the Western media called YOU TUBE that we can witness the massacre against the fellow Muslims daily, all in the name of Allah.

The fact is that Muslims are being killed by other Muslims in Iran and also around the world in other Islamic countries and you can not deny that fact no matter how much you try it and then Islam is called the religion of peace which is mocking the personified deity called Allah by his own followers.

Here is my take about Nuclear energy. I am glad at least you are honest enough to say that this is all about making nuclear bombs which your own government has denied in a cowardly fashion.

No one can stop anyone from gaining knowledge which in this case is learning to have the nuclear capabilities. It is the wrong approach to do that and it is nothing but a defeatist attitude in my opinion by those who are trying this.

What the Europeans and especially The US could have done many years earlier if they had the vision is to offer the technology to all who wanted and could afford it. This would have created a better monitoring system and would have been the true pathway towards peace.

I think they should have this foresight even noe and offer the nuclear technology to all the oil rich Sunni, Shias and other middle eastern countries, even Iraq because as I said before that no one can stop anyone to have knowledge so it is wise to offer it and be proactive rather than reactive.

Brasil, Argentina, South Africa have had the nuclear power plants for years and it has not created any rift there.

As far as Persians being proud is true for all the cultures and countries. So, for you to carry this pride flag on your own shows nothing but naiveté and ignorance.

And about Iran being a Mickey Mouse state, I agree with you. YOU TUBE daily images show that Iran is an oppressive state and daily kills its own Muslim people, all in the name of Allah.

I hope to get some honest answers about my questions to show me how proud a Persian you are in an honest manners.

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh
The fact that God has a name like 'God','Alláh' or 'Yehovah' is a system thats been around since humans developed a connection with their higher consciousness, we can't keep using sign language, and I'm sure you sikhs have a number of names attributed to the same.

Whether this deity is personified or not isn't the issue, its about accepting a higher existence, the reason we say there is 'No God but Alláh' is that too many Gods lead to to many conflicts thus defeating the essential objective.

You said, "And he (Mohammed pbuh) came a bit too late in the picture of the existence of mankind" But as it is your belief and beliefs are not based on any truth, hence the name belief, I respect that." Well in that case, that would make a mockery of sikhism since you cannot accept any Prophet after your last Guru whose ethos was paradoxical to your founding Prophet, besides this goes against Shia Islam, as we accept that the Mahdi will re-appear. This is where Sunnis divide. Sunnis and Shia do not hate each other, in Iraq marriages between muslims was the norm as much as Saddam was once an enemy he later became a silent hero against Bush who wanted Iraq to break as they wanted Iraq's oil reserves.

Suicide bombers are unusual in Iran, they are usually Hamas, Qaeda, Tamil operatives.

Every community has its extremist a*holes, those who kill in the name of any religion will remain an a*hole. You remember seeing Vienna killings few months back where sikhs killed pious old folk.

You say "So, let's stick to that otherwise it seems nothing but a cop out and some lame excuse and nothing but a dishonest attempt by a Muslim like you" That's very impolite as well as patronizing so I won't answer.

While we are on the subject of Gays, how many Sikhs openly admit they are gay? In fact how many gay admit they are gay? What is the Sikh code of conduct regarding gays?

Also try to read before making comments, Libya is not Iran, and as for youtube you will find joke videos about everything including sikhs.

خواهش میکنم

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Zahim Nasir ji,

Guru Fateh.

Thanks for copping out once again which was expected. It also shows that honesty is not the basic requirement in Islam and you have shown that time and again in your posts. Well, it is your belief system which requires no truth, so I will leave your own journey to you.

Before I respond to your non answers to my questions, which I will, please educate me with the following:

1.How was the Quran revealed to Mohammed?

2.Did he write anything about it?

3.Did Mohammed write the Quran and when?

4.It is a pretty big one so, was he revealed the Quran sentence by sentence, idea by idea, hadtih by hadith?

5.What was the modus operandi?

6.When did he start writing it and how long did it take him to finish it?

7.When was it actually written?

8. Was Mohammed married?

9. How old was his wife when he married her?

10. How many wives did he have at the end?

11. Did he divorce any of them? Based on what as He was the messenger sent by your personified diety Allah, according to you?

Your honest answers will help me in great deal interacting with you and responding to your questions.

Thanks & Regards

Tejwant Singh

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
Point 1 ...Sikhs have a big alcohol problem wherever they are from.

Not all sikhs have alcohol problems, that is too much of a generalization and steroetyping the lot on a few.

All the singhs and kaurs i know wouldn't touch liquor if you begged them.

Agreed, PUNJABIS have an alcohol problem (Jatt di bottle nar yaari and all that garbage), this has nothing to do with Sikhi. This kind of labeling is problematic. Coming from Vancouver, there have been instances where when something negative happens, the media points out it was a Sikh Canadian...but when the perpetrator is white, nobody ever says Christian guy does this or that. WE have to distinguish between what it means to be a Punjabi/Jatt etc. and what it means to be a SIKH. Putting Sikhi and Alcohol in the same statement makes absolutely no sense.

Jan 29, 2010
Tehran
Tej,

I answered your previous questions, the answers to the new set of questions are on the internet, there will be some who say the calendrical systems don't reflect what is written due to the distortions over 1400 yrs or so. However the wisdom in the Quran is recognized by Muslims and non-muslims (bar sikhs)

If you want the answers you know you can Google them or visit any Muslim website, but from your attitude its obvious your mind is made up and closed as you see me as dishonest and Muslim, and yet have the audacity to ask several hundred questions after admitting so.

I'd suggest you look in your own back yard for answers perhaps in your own book which is in its modern form is just plagiarism, written by various people and re-hashed by others to claim as their own. That's not original

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Tej,

I answered your previous questions, the answers to the new set of questions are on the internet, there will be some who say the calendrical systems don't reflect what is written due to the distortions over 1400 yrs or so. However the wisdom in the Quran is recognized by Muslims and non-muslims (bar sikhs)

If you want the answers you know you can Google them or visit any Muslim website, but from your attitude its obvious your mind is made up and closed as you see me as dishonest and Muslim, and yet have the audacity to ask several hundred questions after admitting so.

I'd suggest you look in your own back yard for answers perhaps in your own book which is in its modern form is just plagiarism, written by various people and re-hashed by others to claim as their own. That's not original

Zahim Naser,

Guru Fateh.

You write:

the answers to the new set of questions are on the internet, there will be some who say the calendrical systems don't reflect what is written due to the distortions over 1400 yrs or so.

You mean a Muslim like you do not know the answers to the basic questions I asked about your own religion? This is truly a shame and a disgraceful thing for your belief and your deity.

But at the same time,your response does not surprise me. No, you did not answer my questions. The proof is in the posts above. You are free to go through them and check it for yourself.It was expected and it shows what you are made of.:)

You could have also Googled about Sikhi and had no need to come here, but as any human being you wanted to find out more from the horse's mouth and all your questions were answered and/or debated.

But as you have decided to run away from the questions, it says a lot more about you and your belief than about anything else. It seems you feel ashamed to respond to the questions, for the reasons only known to you.I wanted to hear from the horse' mouth but it seems the horse itself wants to run away.

from your attitude its obvious your mind is made up and closed as you see me as dishonest and Muslim, and yet have the audacity to ask several hundred questions after admitting so.

It is interesting to see how you distort the facts and claim to know more about others than about yourself.

I never called you a Muslim. You told me that you were a Muslim and I accepted that.:) I also called you an honest Muslim for stating that the Nuclear program is about building nuclear bombs unlike the lies of your own government. It would help you to read the posts again. You seem a bit edgy and insecure and it is not a personal attack but just an observation derived from your distortions.

You were comparing cleverly and in a dishonest manner other religions with Islam when our discussion was solely about Islam.

Here is the post just to refresh you memory:

Your post:

"The so called 'differences' as you proclaim are nothing if you compare Islam to Christianity or Shia to one of your own Indian religions including Pharsis. "

My response:

"Here, you are mixing apples with oranges and I hope it is an oversight rather than a deliberate attempt to mislead."

We are not comparing different religions here but we are strictly talking about Islam. So, let's stick to that otherwise it seems nothing but a cop out and some lame excuse and nothing but a dishonest attempt by a Muslim like you."

You are welcome to ask any questions about Sikhi but do not cop out and run away when you are asked the questions about your own religion. Be a brave and honest Muslim to respond.

Suicide bombers are unusual in Iran, they are usually Hamas, Qaeda, Tamil operatives.

Here is one more thing for you to read about so you can find honesty in yourself as a Muslim.

Iran suicide bombing kills Revolutionary Guard commanders

Iran suicide bombing kills Revolutionary Guard commanders | World news | guardian.co.uk

Muslims killing each other is a norm in all Muslim world.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

sikhway

SPNer
Jul 23, 2004
"I agree some mickey mouse states like Libya should be warned by the West but not us"
Aint it funny how you feel superior to Libya. For us westerns you are Mickey Mouse too.
My question is this: What will you do when West comes in and does the same thing it did to Afgahnistan, Iraq, Qwait, Japan, Germany etc.
Every evil action has a consequence.
PLEASE don't tell me that killing 3000 accountants and traders was not evil. Or blowing up innocents in markets is not evil.
RIGHT wing politics in any religion is bad. Even in Sikhism it is bad. But we have people like me who denounce that.
YOU Iranians and fanatics from thereabout are so right wing that you even hate Ismailis, Sunnis, Sufis and Ahmedias.
Such egocentric attitude ALWAYS invites destruction just like DINOSAURS.
Believe me you guys are headed for extinction if you don't jump out of 7th century into 21st century.
One reason buddy!
SURVIVAL of the FITTEST.
ANd I am sorry to wake you up---WEST IS FITTEST if you haven't heard since about 1500's.
When Spanish Inquisition happened you turned against Vegetarian, non violent Hindus! Only 10% were allowed to carry weapons. WOW! What a brave thing to do. Then by sword you converted the timid Hindus. Sold millions of their daughters as slaves in Middle east. What a morally inclined thing to do!? BRAVO! Killed children who wouldn't convert! You have No confidence in islam but a lot in cruelty , I'd say!
SICK! YOU would do same now if you are not stopped. We hear things even now in muslim countries.
Then and only then GOD sent The Guru to Fix mistake he made when he sent Mohd.
Gurus corrected the errors and further improved on human condition by giving a heart to a warrior--hence a saintsoldier--not a cruel soldier of allah but a saint soldier of Waheguru!

Hate can never bring peace or love. It is like saying __ I am going to plant weed but expect Mangoes. 'Peaceful Islam' nowadays is same thing!
If you are peaceful then don't go after others' weak gender.
We are about honour! We gain honour not hate- You should try it - you may even like it.
Thank you for being there!
No muslims would have meant no SIKHS. We were made to counter your cruelty. If there is no night then day would be hard to define. So no love without hate! No compassion without cruelty.
SO THANX AGAIN!

I apologize to good peaceful muslims who are like 95% strong but SILENT-still shame on you for being quiet.
This letter is for the 5% idiots.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Zahim Nasir ji,

Guru Fateh.

I am a Sikh, which means a learner, a seeker, a student. So, it is my duty to ask you questions and it does not bother me a bit when you cop out and do not respond. My hope is that while coming to this forum you may learn one day how to be brave and honest enough to respond to the questions.

You write:

I said Suicide bombers in Iran were unususal, stress on the word, unusual which means not usual.
How many suicide bombers do the proud Persians need to make it usual according to your yardstick?

The fact is whether you are an Iranian or a Muslim from another country. You guys love to kill each other with the suicide bombings and they are the daily occurrences.

This is the reason I want all of your Muslim brothers to have Nuclear Bombs so that you do not have to strap young innocent kids to kill other Muslims. Killing by nuclear bombs would be much easier in the name of Allah.

Why was not Mohammed revealed any tools by your personified deity to breed love in his followers but just hatred?

Doesn't Islam mean peace? Where is the peace in killing your fellow Muslims?

How many of your fellow Muslims have been killed by your government after the elections? Can you please give me the number of the innocent killed?

The rest of your pendulum ranting is just that
Thanks for admitting what your religion means to you because asking questions about Mohammed and his so called revelations and asking about Quran is a pendulum ranting for you. At least you are learning to be honest while visiting this forum.

The following is from one you other post.

Well in that case, that would make a mockery of sikhism since you cannot accept any Prophet after your last Guru whose ethos was paradoxical to your founding Prophet,
Your above statement shows how ignorant you are about Sikhi and I am glad you are here in this forum where you are welcome with open arms to learn about it. Learning makes us better people no matter if some worship personified deities.

For your educational purpose, Sikhs have no prophets. A prophet is nothing but a snake oil salesman.

In fact, our Gurus ( Gu=darkness,Ru= Light. Guru one who helps someone to take the veil of ignorance off, a teacher) never called themselves Gurus, They did not even write their own names while writing Gurbani but gave themselves just numbers in the SGGS, our only Guru now. We the followers call them Gurus.

Why there is so much child abuse in Shia Iran where you make the kids bleed while hitting them with chains?

Why do you guys flog yourself? Why this self inflicting narcissistic masochism?

Now a days people do not live like that in the world? Why have this 14th century mentality to bleed yourself and grown men crying like babies like some insecure children?

Can you please elaborate this a bit?

I am a sucker for knowledge as a Sikh. And please feel free to ask any questions about Sikhi because you have shown that you hardly know anything about it and presume a lot which would be embarrassing for any person.

as we accept that the Mahdi will re-appear.
Mahdi is a person, a human being and I accept your belief for yourself that he will reappear.

Can you tell me who his mother and father are going to be because he can not just fall from the sky but needs sperm and egg in order to re appear?

What happens if Mahdi is born as a gay because your own President said on TV that there are no Iranian gays? He would be the first one. How would he be treated then?

Thanks & Regards

Tejwant Singh

Jan 29, 2010
Tehran
Tej,

I was unaware sikhs were anti-Islamic.

There's no need to get your hair in a twist, you just need to get a grip, when and if you do I'll talk

:shutup:

Read the post carefully. Respond to what is in it or don't bother to post at all. Debate issues not personalities. Thanks. Narayanjot Kaur

مرسي

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Zahim Nasir ji,

Guru Fateh.

I have no idea why you have become so angry and frothing. Your post above makes no sense at all. It has nothing to do with what I asked you.

Are you feeling OK, my dear Muslim friend?

Do you know that the foundation stone of Harmander Sahib was laid by a Muslim? Sheikh Farid a Muslim and a great poet has his poetry in the SGGS, our only Guru and it is called Gurbani just like the poetry of our other 6 Gurus.

So your statement," I was unaware sikhs were anti-Islamic", shows that you love to flaunt your own ignorance as a proud Persian which is nothing to be proud of.

You are unaware of many things about your own religion as you have proved in your posts because you have not responded to any of the questions asked.

As Narayanjot ji rightfully said, "Read the post CAREFULLY" and let me add, be a brave Muslim and respond to the questions.

Your posts have also shown your total ignorance about Sikhi. Please do not feel ashamed to ask questions rather than embarrassing yourself with nonsensical assumptions.

This is the only way to learn. Does Quran encourage Muslims to learn? I hope it does. Please quote the verse from your holy book that wants you to be a good student.

Hope to hear from you about my queries about Islam and also your questions about Sikhi and I will try my best to respond to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks & Regards

Tejwant Singh

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Tej,

There's no need to get your hair in a twist, you just need to get a grip, when and if you do I'll talk

:shutup:

Read the post carefully. Respond to what is in it or don't bother to post at all. Debate issues not personalities. Thanks. Narayanjot Kaur

مرسي

With responses like this you are making yourself look very silly.

Surely you can do better than personal attacks on Sikhs and their hair?

Can you nout just answer the questions in a civilised manner? Considering you are descended from one of the most oldest and civilised cultures in the world (Persian), you are not behaving in a civilised way.:eek:

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
Tej,

SHUTUP.GIF

مرسي
Zahim ji,

Yes indeed some Sikhs are are anti Islamic, just as some Muslims are anti Sikh. And so your point is?

In reality the adherents of any religoin are merely humans, with all of issues that such a state brings. There are many fine upstanding Sikhs, and there ar many fine upstanding Muslims, belive me my freind I know some of both, as I also know some rotten humans who are Sikhs, and some rotten humans who are Muslim. I even know some really nice Atheists, and some atheists, well not so nice.

Meh, and the world keeps on turning huh!

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Zahim ji,

Yes indeed some Sikhs are are anti Islamic, just as some Muslims are anti Sikh. And so your point is?

In reality the adherents of any religoin are merely humans, with all of issues that such a state brings. There are many fine upstanding Sikhs, and there ar many fine upstanding Muslims, belive me my freind I know some of both, as I also know some rotten humans who are Sikhs, and some rotten humans who are Muslim. I even know some really nice Atheists, and some atheists, well not so nice.

I definitely know some rotten Sikhs, fortunately they stopped posting here and post on other boards!!!!!
OHYEAH00.GIF
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2010
Tehran
Zahim ji,

Lee,

Have to agree with your thinking, its common sense. :happy:

DELETED PERSONAL COMMENTS AND WARNED!

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
Lee,

Have to agree with your thinking, its common sense. :happy:

DELETED PERSONAL COMMENTS AND WARNED!

Hah Zahim ji,

Many thanks for your kind words. Of course and please remember this is merley my own unsubstanciated opinion, there really is no such thing as common sense. When we say this we inveriably mean these things that seem so inherently true that we think everybody should agree with them.

However we are all differant(as I ike to say) the whole world over, we have diffrant values and differant levels of intelect, and so we simply do not all see things the same. Hehehe there is nowt common about common sense my freind.

Bmandur

SPNer
May 15, 2008
Canada
:happy:

Nasir Ji can you say once Gurfateh from your heart.

I have asked you something and you seems like doesn't want to reply both of Post address to you SIR

UN is for every one if you are civil

As it’s said this is "Sikh Philosophy Network"

Do you Mr. Nasir Ji agree with Taliban what they are doing to Sikhs and to others?

Before you post anything just reply my Question and show me your sense of humor
AsMK mUrK AMD Gor ]
Countless fools, blinded by ignorance
kyqy mUrK KwhI Kwih ]
So many foolish consumers keep on consuming
nw hau jqI sqI nhI piVAw mUrK mugDw jnmu BieAw ]
I am not celibate, nor truthful, nor scholarly. I was born foolish and ignorant into this world
iPkw boil ivgucxw suix mUrK mn Ajwx ]
Harsh words bring only grief. Listen, O foolish and ignorant mind!

eyhu mno mUrKu loBIAw loBy lgw luoBwnu ]
This foolish mind is greedy; through greed, it becomes even more attached to greed.
siqguru n syvih mUrK AMD gvwrw ]
The blind and ignorant fools do not serve the True Guru;

mUrK gxq gxwie JgVw pwieAw ]
The fools try to account for their misdeeds, and argue uselessly

nwnk mUrK eyih gux boly sdw ivxwsu ]1]
O Nanak, this is the nature of a fool-everything he speaks is useless and wasted. ||1||

Gurfateh :happykaur:

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
on the issue of Sikh Girls marrying Muslims boys I want to bring to the notice of every one that I have heard that Muslims individually believe that if they marry a non-Muslim girl they would attain "Bahisht ". But we Sikhs want to maintain our own identity and our Gurus have wanted us not to marry to one whose faith is different from Sikhism.
I believe that Sikh girls marrying outside their faith are unfaithful to their religion and give a bad name to their parents. I want to ask such girls "Aren't there Sikh youth matching your status or your liking?" In fact a puran Gur-Sikh boy is more handsome and well built than youths of many other religions. We think girls are only to be blamed, but in fact the parents are equally to be blamed. The culture in such homes lack Sikh way of life for ignoring the Gurus teaching. Sikh Children should be brought in such an environment where Sikhism is devotedly practiced and parents should talk to their daughters before they attain TEEN-AGE, of the shame the parents would have to feel if their daughters marry outside their religion. PALAINGTHA

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM