• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Missionary College

Adsmangat

SPNer
Sep 24, 2004
Can anyone comment about this college, and it's correspondence course?

Link: Welcome to Sikh Missionary College
The missionary colleges are a Trade more and Instt for desimation of Sikh Training less. Many Coolege have come to light who only trained Youth for sending them abroad . These missionaries have started a neo-sikhi contrary to the the traditional sikh faith .The educated Sikh youth are detracked from the "Sikh faith" which is already established for the last 300 years .
adsmangat

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
The missionary colleges are a Trade more and Instt for desimation of Sikh Training less. Many Coolege have come to light who only trained Youth for sending them abroad . These missionaries have started a neo-sikhi contrary to the the traditional sikh faith .The educated Sikh youth are detracked from the "Sikh faith" which is already established for the last 300 years .
adsmangat

Are there any good sikh colleges, then?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Sikh Missionary College is well established and has a good reputation.

do they do a course in english?

There course is presently is in punjabi but you can submit answers in english

Sikh Missionary College Correspondence Course

Medium of instruction:
Presently, the medium of instruction is Punjabi ( in Gurmukhi script). As soon as possible, Hindi and English medium Courses will also be started. However, the students may send their answers in any of these three languages.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh
Sikh Missionary collage is second largest estbalishement of Sikhs after sgpc(sgpc.net).

Recently it was under attack by spokemens(a gropu of left wing guys) dummy magzine called Indiaawareness.

Of which smc has replied befittingly.

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
Gurfateh
Sikh Missionary collage is second largest estbalishement of Sikhs after sgpc(sgpc.net).

Recently it was under attack by spokemens(a gropu of left wing guys) dummy magzine called Indiaawareness.

Of which smc has replied befittingly.
Vijaydeep Singh, glad to see you on SPN - this is off topic, but do you have the baba Dul website links available? I think thats what it was, but i'm not to sure. PM me here on SPN or e-mail me (Surinderjit21@khalsa.com) if you know what i'm talking about.. thanks.

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
Gurfateh
Baba dul?
I'm not to sure - you posted links to a *wonderful* website, not to long ago...

Can you recall what the links where?

Sorry, i am very vague on details because it was awhile ago...

Maybe in the same thread where you mentioned caste system present still in Nihang sikhs?

May 24, 2008

Sikh Missionary College , Ludhiana is the biggest organisation in the field of Preaching of Sikhism as per teachings of Guru Granth Sahib Ji , Sikh Rehat Maryada & values , lifestyle taught by our Gurus . Of couse they do have two year corrospondence course in all the three languages Punjabi , English & Hindi . It is an excellent course , anybody after completing this course is completely well versed in all the aspects , philosophy of Sikh Religion & may even start preaching immediately anywhere .

May 24, 2008
I'd love to take this course. But they don't have the materials in English yet (except for Gurbani) do they?
Of course they do have in all the three languages English , Punjabi & Hindi . Actually the site is old one & hasn't been updated for very long . It is nearly three years they have started the course in English as well as in Hindi . For more u can call on mobile nos 0091- 98558 - 44499 . This no is of Principal Harbhajan Singh ji , the chairman of Sikh Missionary College , Ludhiana . Other nos r 0091-161-5021815 , 0091 -99144-21815 , fax -6451305 . The nos of the attendents who will surely send u all the detailed information regarding the course as well as material . You can get in touch with me also , I'll do the needful .
Regards ,
Dalbir Singh

Sewadaarni

SPNer
Jan 29, 2007

Guru Fateh Ji,

Sardar Harjit Singh, the editor of Phulwari, was at our Gurdwara yesterday. He said that the two-year course is now available in English. This information is not at their website but you can email them for the English prospectus. :yes:

Sewadaarni

SPNer
Jan 29, 2007
They don't answer their email :inca::inca::inca::inca::inca::inca:

Really? I will pass on your message to Harjit Veerji... he is still in the US. I will request his personal email. and send it to you after next Sunday. Harjit Veerji said that he will get the English info on the website as soon as possible, a sewadaar volunteered to do it asap. :)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM