• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Leader Caught Kissing Transsexual

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
Oh, wow, do you think I should not kiss my partner when we go for a trip to India?
I reeeeally like kissing my partner often. For me it can be sweet, connecting, caring, loving, sexy, fun...all in one

dont kiss you partner near a temple and you'll be fine XD.

Simranjit

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2017
Barcelona
yes, Hindus are wary of kissing too, but {censored}ing in a variety of strange positions is fine
uuummm.... I'm curious about how something so (in my point of view) sacred and beautiful as a kiss became censored in the same culture were the kamasutra was born. I know nothing about indian history. If someone could explain it to me I'd be grateful.

gjsingh

SPNer
Oct 29, 2013
"HarSimrenjit Singh committed a big sin within the code of conduct as an (Amritdhari) baptised Sikh. He very bravely accepted his mistake and decided to broadcast his apology as many in our community were hurt by his actions."

OK, Kaam is a sin, and if this person is married thats bad, but how is "our community" hurt really?

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
thanks for providing the update @gjsingh

I'm confused, what is the actual "sin" that has been committed?
I went to YouTube and read the comments. Evidently:

"This is Harsimranjit, (previously) a Sikh Federation UK member whose video of his sexual intimacy with a trans individual go viral. -no victims -no grooming​

Is that clear? I think it just involved the kissing video, but I'm not sure.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
I went to YouTube and read the comments. Evidently:

"This is Harsimranjit, (previously) a Sikh Federation UK member whose video of his sexual intimacy with a trans individual go viral. -no victims -no grooming​

Is that clear? I think it just involved the kissing video, but I'm not sure.

Unless he's married and committing adultery, there is no "sin" here so why the heck is he removing his kakkars etc??

He's brought shame to himself if what I've heard is true, and he's previously spouted hatred about trans people, and then performs his in hypocrisy.

But really then, what message is this video really saying. That Sikhs can't be involved in transsexual relationships? That they can't kiss in public??

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
I have posted my question in the YouTube comments section. Where civil discourse goes to die.

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Unless he's married and committing adultery, there is no "sin" here so why the heck is he removing his kakkars etc??

He's brought shame to himself if what I've heard is true, and he's previously spouted hatred about trans people, and then performs his in hypocrisy.

But really then, what message is this video really saying. That Sikhs can't be involved in transsexual relationships? That they can't kiss in public??
I have asked myself the same questions. I don't know. This is all very confusing. Certainly, it is taboo for an Amritdhari Sikh to have sexual relations with anyone except the spouse. I think the question here becomes what is meant by "sexual relations?" I also noticed that he removed 3 of 5 kakkars. Not that I wanted to see him remove his kachera or cut his hair...

This sort of thing concerns me in a very different way. Sikhi is not a religion/way of life that is bound by petty rules that we must split hairs over. Much is left up to the conscience of the individual Sikh. If this gentleman feels this is what he must do, fine. But please don't construe it to mean that we must accept his interpretation for all Sikhs.

I have often said that Sikhi is the only religion I know of that treats its adherents as adults. It hands us a philosophy and a very few rules and leaves the rest to our own good sense. Our Creator does not give us instructions to micromanage our lives; we are not instructed how to clean our bums after pooping.

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
"HarSimrenjit Singh committed a big sin within the code of conduct as an (Amritdhari) baptised Sikh. He very bravely accepted his mistake and decided to broadcast his apology as many in our community were hurt by his actions."

OK, Kaam is a sin, and if this person is married thats bad, but how is "our community" hurt really?
This is a ridiculous video.. It does absolutely nothing to address the issue.. He apologises to the panth for his 'kurehit'.. But he doesn't tell us what it is that he did.. The people next to him who are 'officiating' should explain what it is that he did that warrants this action..
The whole thing is a sham..

When individuals apologise for their actions in any meaningful way they first need to articulate specifically what indiscretion it is that they have done and then go on to explain why they now believe that it is a indiscretion.. then apologise for the said indiscretion and accept a given punishment or whatever self censure they believe they are deserving of..

This whole thing is the act of trying to bring closure to something in a PR managed way.. Disgraceful

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
This is a ridiculous video.. It does absolutely nothing to address the issue.. He apologises to the panth for his 'kurehit'.. But he doesn't tell us what it is that he did.. The people next to him who are 'officiating' should explain what it is that he did that warrants this action..
The whole thing is a sham..

When individuals apologise for their actions in any meaningful way they first need to articulate specifically what indiscretion it is that they have done and then go on to explain why they now believe that it is a indiscretion.. then apologise for the said indiscretion and accept a given punishment or whatever self censure they believe they are deserving of..

This whole thing is the act of trying to bring closure to something in a PR managed way.. Disgraceful
lol, this whole 2020 referendum thingy is a disgrace.....

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
lol, this whole 2020 referendum thingy is a disgrace.....
It's a joke.. I wouldn't mind if it was even mildly coherent and well presented, even if I thought (which I do) it is a flawed idea..

These politicised so called sikh leaders make a mockery of all the actual good work many other sikh people do

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
It's a joke.. I wouldn't mind if it was even mildly coherent and well presented, even if I thought (which I do) it is a flawed idea..

These politicised so called sikh leaders make a mockery of all the actual good work many other sikh people do
they must have already made millions of dollars by donations....... i thinks its just a plot to make their BLACK MONEY LEGAL.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM