• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Hindu Muslim Christain

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Well, you are contradicting yourself again as you usually do.

As there is no religion called Sikhi, as a result, there is no god either because a religion and god are like the Siamese twins.

I am a bit confused now. Are you implying Guru Nanak is God for you? You above contradictory post claims that.

Please use SGGS, our only Guru to prove your claim. And are you also implying that we are all gods? "But He is Truth. As we all are."
Your posts get more confusing with each one. Please clarify.

Pardon my ignorance, I have no idea what you are talking about. Would you be kind enough to put it in layman's terms for a person like me? Thanks.

I am sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about. Please simplify this for me if you could. Thanks, again.

Lastly, I am still waiting for the references from the SGGS about your claim that Guru Nanak said, " There is no Hindu, no Musulman."
Would appreciate if you could provide that.

Hi. History has been documented years before Guru Nanak arrived on the earth. Guru Nanak is well documented to have taught the above teaching.

My post above was pretty clear..

We are One. Truth is One, God is One.

We are Truth. One

Can't get more simple than that

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
I don't see what the arguement is. All I said was guru nanaks idea was we all should be one. Yet it failed anyways and became what he was against.
Please don't be so hard on us everyday mortals. As long as there is one Sikh, or even one person, working towards Guru Nanak's ideal, it has not failed. It is a goal we are working toward, and may not reach. The truth is that making even a step in the right direction is progress. Guru Nanak could do it because he was Guru Nanak. The rest of us struggle along as best we know how.

A few of us are succeeding spectacularly. Take, for example, Ravi Singh and Khalsa Aid. They are risking their lives in Iraq right now because they act on their belief that the human race is one.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Hi. History has been documented years before Guru Nanak arrived on the earth. Guru Nanak is well documented to have taught the above teaching.

My post above was pretty clear..

We are One. Truth is One, God is One.

We are Truth. One

Can't get more simple than that
Sorry to burst your bubble, everything you say sounds beautiful but you have no concrete examples to prove that despite several requests.

As you claim many things and when asked for the references from the Sggs, our only Guru, you are quick to change the subject and/or start berating those who want to learn from your wisdom.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Sorry to burst your bubble, everything you say sounds beautiful but you have no concrete examples to prove that despite several requests.

As you claim many things and when asked for the references from the Sggs, our only Guru, you are quick to change the subject and/or start berating those who want to learn from your wisdom.

Jeez why can't you just read GGSJ instead of asking for quotes. Or Google what I'm saying, it takes two mins.

"Chant, and meditate on the One God, who permeates and pervades the many beings of the whole Universe. God created it, and God spreads through it everywhere. Everywhere I look, I see God. The Perfect Lord is perfectly pervading and permeating the water, the land and the sky; there is no place without Him." (SGGS 782)

Ik Oankar

As for the no Muslim no hindu Sakhi, Google it, it's everywhere.

I would suggest you read GSSJi

It's a good read

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Jeez why can't you just read GGSJ instead of asking for quotes. Or Google what I'm saying, it takes two mins.

Sorry, but your responses are mostly ambiguous... at least you can provide the SGGS Ang number for an easy reference... otherwise it turns into a leather hunt for the responder...

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Sorry, but your responses are mostly ambiguous... at least you can provide the SGGS Ang number for an easy reference... otherwise it turns into a leather hunt for the responder...

Hi. The teaching is throughout the entire Guru Granth Sahib Ji, it's repeated over and over again.

My point is that if someone really wanted to understand what Guru Nanak Ji taught, they'd read at least a few pages of Gurbani. It's a priceless gem, gifted to us out of love, to be utilised for ones benefit and evolution.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
The teaching is throughout the entire Guru Granth Sahib Ji, it's repeated over and over again.

Again, a random ambiguous response.

My point is that if someone really wanted to understand what Guru Nanak Ji taught, they'd read at least a few pages of Gurbani. It's a priceless gem, gifted to us out of love, to be utilised for ones benefit and evolution.

Its not about just reading, right! Its all about understanding... contemplating... We may read the same shabad and come out with entirely extrapolating responses and perspectives based on our understanding or prejudices. The key to understand a shabad is to share our own understanding and then let others share their...

Without quoting a shabad or taking one liners out of context defeats the purpose as it makes us prone to random blanket statements, which have nothing to do with Gurmat, but in our zest to prove our point, we pass these statements as Gurmat.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

That is a very frothy attitude for a Sikh, I must say. But you have been petulant ever since you started giving only your opinions rather than interacting and learning together. When asked about references from the SGGS, you become angry and abusive to a certain extent, which is a shame indeed. But one is one's worst enemy anyway.
Then to top that, you have the gall to tell us to Google it. Why do not you do yourself before posting? Jeez, it only takes two minutes.
On a serious note, it is your duty, at least in this forum to produce references when you talk about Sikhi. Please keep that in mind for the future. We need full Shabads with your personal understanding whenever and in whichever way you express Gurbani so all of us can learn from each other.

"Chant, and meditate on the One God, who permeates and pervades the many beings of the whole Universe. God created it, and God spreads through it everywhere. Everywhere I look, I see God. The Perfect Lord is perfectly pervading and permeating the water, the land and the sky; there is no place without Him." (SGGS 782)

Please post the above Shabad in its original form with your personal understanding of Gurbani and share the reason you are posting it here. This forum is for sharing, not for personal proclamations.

Ik Oankar
And?

As for the no Muslim no hindu Sakhi, Google it, it's everywhere.

Oh, now you are saying it is a Sakhi. Hence you have not the faintest whether Guru Nanak said this or not despite my repeated requests to you. I am glad you have changed your mind.
So were you lying all the times before when I have been asking about it to you on many occasions or simply you did not have the courage to say it was a Sakhi?
Why would you do that I may ask?
Misleading is not part of Sikhi, I am afraid.

In fact, I thought exactly the same as you do. I would suggest you read the following thread that Aman ji re-posted and you will understand why Sikhi is an evolving pragmatic way of life.

Na Koi Hindu Na Koi Mussalman - Guru Nanak

I would suggest you read GSSJi
It's a good read

Thanks for the great suggestion. I would advise you to do the same before concocting stories and posting them here that have nothing to do with Sikhi.

Last edited:

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
That is a very frothy attitude for a Sikh, I must say. But you have been petulant ever since you started giving only your opinions rather than interacting and learning together. When asked about references from the SGGS, you become angry and abusive to a certain extent, which is a shame indeed. But one is one's worst enemy anyway.
Then to top that, you have the gall to tell us to Google it. Why do not you do yourself before posting? Jeez, it only takes two minutes.
On a serious note, it is your duty, at least in this forum to produce references when you talk about Sikhi. Please keep that in mind for the future. We need full Shabads with your personal understanding whenever and in whichever way you express Gurbani so all of us can learn from each other.

Please post the above Shabad in its original form with your personal understanding of Gurbani and share the reason you are posting it here. This forum is for sharing, not for personal proclamations.

And?

Oh, now you are saying it is a Sakhi. Hence you have not the faintest whether Guru Nanak said this or not despite my repeated requests to you. I am glad you have changed your mind.
So were you lying all the times before when I have been asking about it to you on many occasions or simply you did not have the courage to say it was a Sakhi?
Why would you do that I may ask?
Misleading is not part of Sikhi, I am afraid.

In fact, I thought exactly the same as you do. I would suggest you read the following thread that Aman ji re-posted and you will understand why Sikhi is an evolving pragmatic way of life.

Na Koi Hindu Na Koi Mussalman - Guru Nanak

Thanks for the great suggestion. I would advise you to do the same before concocting stories and posting them here that have nothing to do with Sikhi.

Actually I would go so far as to suggest that this post is abusive, as have been many of your previous posts towards me. One should always look inward before condemning another.

Your posts demonstrate a lack of understanding of gurbani, hence why I suggested you read it.

It wasn't intended to be aggressive, merely a suggestion to benefit your own evolution.

No Hindu, No Muslim, Only One.

I stand by what I said earlier, basically anyone who's read up on Guru Nanak ji would have heard of this teaching, yourself include which you've shown in your post above.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Actually I would go so far as to suggest that this post is abusive, as have been many of your previous posts towards me. One should always look inward before condemning another.

Your posts demonstrate a lack of understanding of gurbani, hence why I suggested you read it.

It wasn't intended to be aggressive, merely a suggestion to benefit your own evolution.

No Hindu, No Muslim, Only One.

I stand by what I said earlier, basically anyone who's read up on Guru Nanak ji would have heard of this teaching, yourself include which you've shown in your post above.

I am glad I am an evolving Sikh thanks to the ShabadGuru.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri akaal,

Seva / Simran

Practice (Seva) always Remember(Simran) through memorizing. Is like education, memorizing and remembrance at all times while routine functions is Practicing (SEVA). How long and many a times one needs to read again for a practioner. Practice leads to remembrance. One has not to read again and again.
Learning is in functional memory always of practitioners
Repeated reading through out age is
Lack of understanding
Lack of memorizing
Lack of practice

Vas mere pyarya Vas mere Gobinda
Kar Kirpa Mere Man Vas Jiyo

With memorizing and practice, one can attain control on thoughts and hence followed by control in speech/ imagination and henceforth action.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM