• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Inspirational She Ain't Heavy. She's My Sister

bawaj

SPNer
Oct 22, 2006
The quality of this video suggest that the author of this project is not connected with the reality on the ground. Instead he/she has taking pictures from various sources and attached the song to them. However, the problem of infanticide cannot be dealt with ideas that promote its immorality, rather the issue is more systemic (whether they be sociological or economical). I think any attempt to raise awareness or to work towards a solution requires research and dedication. Merely portraying the problem in a musical form does not add to the current debate or knowledge of the subject matter.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
bawaj I strongly disagree with your criticism of the young man's effort. Specifically,

However, the problem of infanticide cannot be dealt with ideas that promote its immorality, rather the issue is more systemic .....
Immorality is the mental foundation or mind set. If this is messed up the other reasons will be found as per your suggestions about (whether they be sociological or economical). Yours is is too high a chair to sit on and make comments (like above) about killing of babies (a totally immoral and heinous act without any qualifications).

Sorry to see that.

Sat Sri Akal.

Shanger

SPNer
Oct 28, 2010
I would have to agree 100% with Ambarsaria

Just the awareness being raised tht infanticide goes on combined with the pics is more than enough to make ppl think "WOW that is really bad"

Tho I think bawaj might have been saying that these people are obv to sick in the head to be reasoned with using morality, so it might be worth trying to appeal to other reasons to not do it (if thts not what he meant my bad).

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks for the second sentence in your post Shanger. As for the following,

Tho I think bawaj might have been saying that these people are obv to sick in the head to be reasoned with using morality, so it might be worth trying to appeal to other reasons to not do it (if thts not what he meant my bad).

Based on your disruptions and ignoring of spnadmin comments everywhere, once you learn to speak for yourself perhaps you can earn the right to speak for others. Remember also to learn to listen Eh! Good luck.winkingmunda

Sat Sri Akal.

Gurukameet

SPNer
Feb 16, 2011
The video contains actual dead bodies of very young girls buried alive, these pictures are very distressing, despite economic or social difficulties all around the world. No sane community goes and murders there daughters alive!! Not just a few but hundreds all over and millions of girls are aborted. These pictures are harrowing, the shock of being buried alive is still on there faces while dead. It is easy to collect economic statistics and look at social reasons for these murders, but the pictures shown by the artists speaks beyond statistics and economics, they are really our sisters, and it could have been ‘us’.
What is about Punjab culture that despises women! so much. It is usually the rich who can afford the abortions and the poor neglect young to an extent that many do not actually survive.

There needs to be more of public outcry, it is starting, but it needs to continue, more people should scream and shout at the horrors of these murders. The solution in my view is that famous Gurdwaras hoarding millions of pounds, there accounts should be smashed open and these people who run them should be forced to open orphanages for young girls to be saved and looked after and taught to live as true beautiful Sikh girls. The money is there, the will to save the girls is not. Artists such as sanitsoldier should continue to scream on behalf these girls. There will be no happiness in Punjab unless this is addressed.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Gurukameet ji very touchingly stated. It cannot be classified any other way than murder.

Sikh Rehat Maryada addresses it (under gurimq dI rihxI, meaning the living of Sikh per Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji) but perhaps it needs to be made a Kurehat,

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
C) gurU kw is`K kMinAW nw mwry, kuVI-mwr nwl nw vrqy[
Sikh shall not conduct female infanticide and shun anyone who does.

Sat Sri Akal.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Akal Takhat has NOT issued any Hukmanamahs asking us to "SHUN" these people ?? We must ask WHY ??? whats holding them back ??

Nannee Chhahn project FUNDED by SGPC GOLUCKs...led by Harsimrat badal....spearheaded by RADHASOAMI BEAS ( who sit on its Board of Directors).....duplicity is thy second name...with such people as our leaders can we expect any progress ???

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM