• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Shaadi 3 (Three) Crore Ki

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
re: Shaadi 3 Crore Ki

It is entertainment! More power to them. Obviously the "marriage industry" will love it. cheerleader Now they will be able to charge more for copycat setups.:angryyoungkaur::angryyoungsingh:

Obviously some will also get stupid ideas and act or demand stupidities in real life. That is the price you pay for freedom.peacesign

Sat Sri Akal.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

It is entertainment! More power to them. Obviously the "marriage industry" will love it. cheerleader Now they will be able to charge more for copycat setups.:angryyoungkaur::angryyoungsingh:

Obviously some will also get stupid ideas and act or demand stupidities in real life. That is the price you pay for freedom.peacesign

Sat Sri Akal.

Atleast the middle class couple can have their dream wedding.So this is jackpot for them.BTW I don't think it has to do with marriage industry rather it is just a new idea in today's world of reality shows

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Atleast the middle class couple can have their dream wedding.So this is jackpot for them.BTW I don't think it has to do with marriage industry rather it is just a new idea in today's world of reality shows

It is an take off on a wedding reality show that took off first in UK perhaps 10 years ago, and then in the US. So now it has reached India.

In US dollars the family gets 1,000 dollars. They have to manage the entire wedding from clothes to hall to food and flowers within that amount. As the plans for the wedding unfold, the TV viewer gets glimpses into the personalities of the family members -- who are always extremely neurotic. And hardly ever do they show any real appreciation for the wedding planner (btw always a top professional in that industry) for the hours of free time spent planning a wedding and organizing a rowdy bunch.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Re: Shaadi 3 Crore Ki

It is an take off on a wedding reality show that took off first in UK perhaps 10 years ago, and then in the US. So now it has reached India.

In US dollars the family gets 1,000 dollars. They have to manage the entire wedding from clothes to hall to food and flowers within that amount. As the plans for the wedding unfold, the TV viewer gets glimpses into the personalities of the family members -- who are always extremely neurotic. And hardly ever do they show any real appreciation for the wedding planner (btw always a top professional in that industry) for the hours of free time spent planning a wedding and organizing a rowdy bunch.
spnadmin ji are you saying there are no original concepts in Indian TV?winkingmunda

I know Bollywood copied most of the English films!swordfight

Sat Sri Akal.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

spnadmin ji are you saying there are no original concepts in Indian TV?winkingmunda

I know Bollywood copied most of the English films!swordfight

Sat Sri Akal.

I hardly ever know what I am talking about. :interestedkudi:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

Just for 1000 dollars even a Labourer will kick out TV wallahs.In the world the most famous are great Indian weddings with lots of ceremonies thats why they are giving 0.7 million dollars.

Also I want to know is their any celebrity in USA that actually married on TV show.IN India Rahul Mahajan did

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Just for 1000 dollars even a Labourer will kick out TV wallahs.In the world the most famous are great Indian weddings with lots of ceremonies thats why they are giving 0.7 million dollars.

Also I want to know is their any celebrity in USA that actually married on TV show.IN India Rahul Mahajan did

kds ji I realized that the price tag for the India version of the show would have to be much greater than 1,000.00 US. Why would the average person in India who is accustomed to the mythic and splendid Indian wedding want to spend his/her free time watching a bunch of mere mortals patch together a rush job.

BTW I think the British version paid more to the family.

To my knowledge no celebrity has been married on these programs, at least in the US. The subjects are drawn by a panel. They come from the rank and file of America and are nominated by family and friends who write letters to the producers asking that a sister or niece be considered for a slot. Giving reasons like "She is so disorganized she will never pull this off. blah blah blah!"

p/s If I can I will post some production notes on this show. The show is no longer on the air it appears. I will keep looking. But since then it seems 50 other bridal/reality shows have taken over the air waves and some of them do involve celebrities. The one I was describing did not. :) So India should brace itself for many more shaadi reality TV.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Why not give away 2,99,80,000 to charity and have a simple wedding? :D
Business and charities are two separate things. This is a business venture as they probably will get more than 3 Crore from their sponsors. Giving to charity has some commercial benefit but nothing compared to TV exposure.

Charities and charitable work is forgotten, TV is remembered.

Cruel but that is capitalism. It is not all bad as any business creates lot of jobs and people who make charitable donations.

Sat Sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: