• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Seeking Sikh Mentor

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
So much about Sikhism appeals to me but I am overwhelmed. It would be great to have a buddy or someone to help guide me. The temple is far for me to get to and a bit intimidating.

Basically I could use a mentor to help me out. E-mail, Skype, chat would be great.

if you want my advice, the mentor you are looking for does not exist, they would have their own agenda, interpretation, meaning, etc etc, you would only learn what they have learned.

This forum is a great place to discuss ideas and philosophies, why don't you take your time and learn at your own pace, the temple is not as important as the information you contemplate.

Good luck

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
So much about Sikhism appeals to me but I am overwhelmed. It would be great to have a buddy or someone to help guide me. The temple is far for me to get to and a bit intimidating.

Basically I could use a mentor to help me out. E-mail, Skype, chat would be great.

damo Ji,
We here at SPN can discuss your queries and questions regarding Sikhism, and have a mutually benefitting dialogue. Give it a try.

Requiem

SPNer
Jan 18, 2014

As a convert to Sikhi, my advice is that you shouldn't limit yourself to just one POV (point of view). Pretty much everybody has their own personal interpretation of Guru Granth Sahib and of what it means to be a Sikh. A discussion board such as this one is a great place to ask questions and bounce ideas off of others, but I do think you should read the Guru Granth Sahib for yourself and interpret it with your own heart.

When someone finds the Path to the Lord within his own heart,
why should he abandon that Path to follow some other path?

- Guru Granth Sahib.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM