• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Saudi Arabia: Gang-rape Victim Gets 200 Lashes

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Saudi Arabia: Gang-rape victim gets 200 lashes, si
in a shocking verdict, a Saudi Court has ordered a gang rape victim to undergo 200 lashes and six months in prison for "being in the car of an unrelated male" when the crime was committed.

The 19-year-old victim was initially ordered to undergo 90 lashes by judges from the Qatif General Court, but the case was referred back to an Appeals Court after her lawyer had urged a harsher punishment for assaulters, the Arab News reported.

In its verdict, the court, which punished the victim for "being in the car of an unrelated male at the time of the rape", also suspended her lawyer.

The seven rapists, whose previous sentences ranged from 10 months to five years in prison, also had their prison terms increased to between two and nine years. The verdict came in as a shock to everybody.

A source at the Qatif General Court said the judges had informed the rape victim that the reason behind doubling her punishment was "her attempt to aggravate and influence the judiciary through the media", the report added.

Saudi Arabia enforces a strict Islamic doctrine known as Wahhabism and forbids unrelated men and women from associating with each other, bans women from driving and forces them to cover head-to-toe in public.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
kds ji

When I read stories like this it takes every ounce of emotional strength to hold my anger in check. 200 lashes! Enough to remove all the skin. Enough to drive the body into shock. Enough to kill. And they will keep her alive so that she go to prison.

And she was raped by 7 men!

So, now knowing this -- to regain emotional balance-- I have a loving God to support me. What loving God supports her? Where does she go? To make sense of her life?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
kds ji

When I read stories like this it takes every ounce of emotional strength to hold my anger in check. 200 lashes! Enough to remove all the skin. Enough to drive the body into shock. Enough to kill. And they will keep her alive so that she go to prison.

And she was raped by 7 men!

So, now knowing this -- to regain emotional balance-- I have a loving God to support me. What loving God supports her? Where does she go? To make sense of her life?

I also get angry when i read these type of news and there is another reason for it and that is what the hell renowned Human right activists,feminists are doing for these type of victims.Just because this country is saudi arabia who holds the key of oil of the world ,does it mean that big countries of world will let it happen.

In india when the israeli president or american president visit our country our communist parties and other seculer parties just sit on protest against the human rights voilation by these countries in Iraq and palestine .But when the saudi king visit our country the same parties put garlands on him ,reason to appease large votebank of muslims.they completely ignore the voilation of women's right,right's of minorities in saudi

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
kds ji

You make many good arguments in your reply. It is puzzling. We know however, that oil is running out in the oil rich Middle East. That is why prices are being raised on petrol. They control the supply so that it will last longer and the inevitable loss of this natural resource will be put off a few more years. Unemployment among men under 25 is also rising in the Middle East at alarming rates. This means more economic unrest. The Saudi government is right now uneasy about its hold on political power. More unemployment and less oil means more political trouble. The future is not bright there. The religious extremists have to be appeased by the royal family because they keep the masses under control.

Since developed and developing countries, India or the US, would like less political and social unrest in places like Saudi Arabia -- they back the leaders of those countries. Hoping to keep the status quo for as long as possible.

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
I do not wish to stir up controversy here - but - we do get most of our oil from mexico and middle america, not just the middle east. the real reason why we are in the middle east (besides the opil) has to with 1990 treaty agreements that saddam hussain broke.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I do not wish to stir up controversy here - but - we do get most of our oil from mexico and middle america, not just the middle east. the real reason why we are in the middle east (besides the opil) has to with 1990 treaty agreements that saddam hussain broke.

It doesn't matter from where which country is getting oil.saudi own 1/4 of oil reserves
if they stop selling then the price of will shoot to 150-200 dollar a barrel .then mexico,middle america will also charge this this rate.american supplies will also get disrupted as other countries too will start buying from these countries

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sherab ji,

On reflection you are correct about the source of oil. No you are not stirring up controversy. My point was not about the pressure of oil prices. It had more to do with the tendency of governments to support one other because of the fear of economic and political instability.

In the case of Saudi Arabia, the government is not as stable as it appears to be. World governments prefer however to support the ruling family because the alternatives are worse. Another way-out fundamentalist scenario emerges -- not a nice picture -- especially when, as you point our kds ji -- so large a percentage of the world's oil reserves are under their control.

That does not dispute your arguments, Sherab. I am looking at the problem as a macro-economic issue -- where political and economic factors combined influence what world leaders do.

kay

SPNer
Nov 8, 2007
in a shocking verdict, a Saudi Court has ordered a gang rape victim to undergo 200 lashes and six months in prison for "being in the car of an unrelated male" when the crime was committed.

The 19-year-old victim was initially ordered to undergo 90 lashes by judges from the Qatif General Court, but the case was referred back to an Appeals Court after her lawyer had urged a harsher punishment for assaulters, the Arab News reported.

In its verdict, the court, which punished the victim for "being in the car of an unrelated male at the time of the rape", also suspended her lawyer.

The seven rapists, whose previous sentences ranged from 10 months to five years in prison, also had their prison terms increased to between two and nine years. The verdict came in as a shock to everybody.

A source at the Qatif General Court said the judges had informed the rape victim that the reason behind doubling her punishment was "her attempt to aggravate and influence the judiciary through the media", the report added.

Saudi Arabia enforces a strict Islamic doctrine known as Wahhabism and forbids unrelated men and women from associating with each other, bans women from driving and forces them to cover head-to-toe in public.

Gullibility will get you lost, and this is no excuse! Why didn't you verify?Ahlel Bayt » Articles » The Hidden Truth About the Qatif Case: Response to “Rape Victim Gets Lashes”

Kay are you one of those people that believes 9/11 was an inside job?

or are you the type of Muslim that quickly changes the subject to pin blame back on the west?

not awknowledging the problems of an organized and institutionalized religion will lead to its inevitable demise.

the sikhs on this site are not critiquing your doctrine of belief but the action of the institutions that enforce and translate your beliefs.

ps: im not sikh

kay

SPNer
Nov 8, 2007
If people turn to lower animals if they sinned, dont youse think that right now the world is full of sin, shouldnt the population be going down, but why is it going up?

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
If people turn to lower animals if they sinned, dont youse think that right now the world is full of sin, shouldnt the population be going down, but why is it going up?

Yes , mr k we think that you r always right. To tell u the truth v want more animals on the plaets till equibrium is eatablished. Continue with your efforts. I wait.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom

Medieval religion with medieval laws in a medieval country........this has no place in the 21st Century.

Enough said I think.

punjabikiren

SPNer
Nov 28, 2007
staffs

wud he b able c is daughter get dem 200 lashes? in my opinion i dnt fink so n if he was fi9 wit it den i no if i was is daughter i wud honestly feel my dad ad no feelings 4 me

Note from namjap:

punjabikiren Ji,

Please use correct spelling in your posts because incorrectly spelt words too often are confusing to Moderators. Thanks.

kay

SPNer
Nov 8, 2007
Medieval religion with medieval laws in a medieval country........this has no place in the 21st Century.

Enough said I think.

Friend your jumping to conlusions, have you verified this claim, do you know what really happened, or is it becuase you have something personal against these people?

If you look at things objectively, believe me you will see a completely different picture!

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Friend your jumping to conlusions, have you verified this claim, do you know what really happened, or is it becuase you have something personal against these people?

If you look at things objectively, believe me you will see a completely different picture!

Let me look at this objectively.

Woman gets gang raped and then gets punished for it.

Medieval!:advocate:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM