• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

SALDEF SALDEF National Gala: Celebrating 15 Years

Aug 27, 2005
Baltimore Md USA
I read the notice about the "SALDEF National Gala: Celebrating 15 Years" and because I don't live that far away, maybe 40 miles and I certainly have the time, I considered going until I saw the price tag. Although I am not a Sikh I knew it would be educational for me. How ever when I saw the price I was quite surprised.

It looks more like a fundraiser more than a celebration which is cool I guess but $125 for a 3 hour lesson is far too pricey for me. I hope those who can afford it appreciate their position.

Peace always
Satyaban

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I am curious how the original article was removed. SALDEF is an organinzation that has done more for freedom of religious expression in the US than any other group on a shoestring budget. Penny for penny and dollar for dollar their federal cases, and wins in federal court, stretch farther than those of older, larger and richer organizations. When you think of advocacy for kirpan in school, and protection of turban in airports, or movement against hate crimes affecting all religious minorities, their track record is reknowned.

They depend on us for support and that is why the gala tickets were posted here. I have to repost. Thanks for your positive reaction, Satyaban ji.

Reposting

You and your family are cordially invited to the
SALDEF National Gala: Celebrating 15 Years
Our 15th Anniversary Gala is a milestone we could not celebrate without you, the supporters who make our work possible. It is a chance to reflect on the impact that our supporters have made since our founding in 1996. We will also honor those who have surmounted challenges and worked towards solutions, unity, and healing, in the ten years since 9/11.
Purchase Your Gala Tickets Online Today
Please Join us on
October 8, 2011
from 6pm to 9pm
at the
J.W. Marriott Hotel
1331 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC
with
Former Secretary of Transportation Norman Mineta
Rana Singh Sodhi
Daya Singh Khalsa, CEO, Akal Security

Live Entertainment by
Kiran Ahluwalia & Group
FREE Child Care Available On-site During the Gala
Purchase Your Gala Tickets Online Today
Table: $1000 | Individual: $125 | Student: $65

http://www.saldef.org/news/an-invitation-to-join-us-october-8-2011/#more-6340

If you would like to purchase a table for your family, business, or gurdwara, or are interested in placing an advertisement in the Gala program book please contact Jasjit Singh via phone at 202-393-2700 ext. 127 or via email at Click here to email. Space is limited.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I wish I could. Why not give them a call and see what they way, or an email. There are some contact details. Don't forget to give SPN a plug. I wish that I could also go.welcomekaur

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Floyd Mori to be Honored
at SALDEF National Gala

Join us at the SALDEF National Gala in Washington, DC, on Saturday, October 8, 2011. Along with marking our fifteenth anniversary, we will commemorate the tenth anniversary of 9/11, honor our awardees, and enjoy cultural entertainment.

We are pleased to announce that Floyd Mori will be recognized for his leadership in civil and human rights and efforts to achieve equality for all.

Purchase your tickets online today.

Floyd Mori is currently the National Executive Director of the Japanese American Citizens League (JACL) after having served as Director of Public Policy for the JACL, the oldest and largest Asian American civil and human rights organization in the nation. He also served as the Chair of the National Council on Asian Pacific Americans (NCAPA), a coalition of national Asian Pacific American organizations of which SALDEF is a member.

While teaching Economics at Chabot College in Hayward, California, Mori became involved in politics and was elected City Councilman and Mayor of the City of Pleasanton, California, in the Bay Area.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM