• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Salaam Jbaab Dovey Karey Mudho'n Ghutha Jaaeay

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Respected Saadh Sangat Ji,

Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Angad Dev Ji Maharaj De Bachan Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib De Panna # 474

slwmu jbwbu dovY kry muMFhu GuQw jwie ]
nwnk dovY kUVIAw Qwie n kweI pwie ]

Here Guru Sahib is telling us that both of this person's actions are false: if the person on one hand is offering respectful greetings to his/her Guru/Master/Lord, and on the other hand rudely refusing his/her Guru/Master/Lord. Guru Ji is saying, there is no place for such a person in His Court.

Isn't this so true, in everyday life-
WE WILL DO EVERYTHING WHAY OUR DOCTOR TOLD US TO DO.............starting from the very first thing he/she said......
WE WILL DO EVERYTHING WHAT OUR AGENTS (for everything from auto insurance to travel) GUIDE US TO DO..........everything, so that more and more money can be saved....BANK BALANCE

BUT WHEN IT COMES THE TURN OF FOLLOWING GURU JI, we have all the excuses: BUT, IF, NO, UMHAAAAAA.................should i or should i not......

Sikh ho ke Sikhi Jeevan na jeeuna, saadi sab to vaddi galti hai.....
Guru Guna da khajaana, Vaheguru di itni vaddi Daat, let us give proper respect to it both ways- maththa tekna, and agyaa mananaa

Satguru Ki Agyaa Sat Sat Kar Maano Gursikho

just a thought

forgive me please

----------------------------------------

truthseeker

SPNer
Aug 11, 2004
Ontario, Canada
Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

We so often bow our heads in front of Guru Sahib, pay our respects physically. But mentally, spiritually we are not able to bow down to Him, be completly humble and accept His every word.
We worry to much about what others will think of us. If we say no to the Banker, he may think we are cheap. If we say no to the Car salesman, he may think we can't afford that new luxurious car. But have we ever stopped to think about what saying no to our Guru will do??? We never ask.. what will my Guru think if i say No?
So we pretend to surrender ourselves to Him, only so that OTHERS will THINK we are religious, but then we turn our backs on His teaching and ultimately turn ourselves away from Him. How can we be so two- faced? How can we say we love him, but then dis obey everything that Him teaches us?

sangat ji, Bhull Chuk Maar Karni
Not really sure i have typed here, but i hope i got my point across.
A friend shared this quote with me. It was written by Bhai Parminder Singh ( the Gursikh who passed away a few years ago in a car accident)
"we all say that the world should sya athat i'm good, the world should say - yes he is a good person but is there anybody out of us who thinks and hopes their guru will say i'm good; that the guru should say - yes he is a devoted sikh of mine?"

just my two cents. Sorta going out on a tangent here but ya. We never really stop to think about how trying to look good in the eyes of others takes us away from our Guru

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Truthseeker ji,

This one from Ang 809 matches up a bit with what you are saying.

ipMgul prbq pwir pry Kl cqur bkIqw ] (809-17, iblwvlu, mÚ 5)
pingul parbat paar paray khal chatur bakeetaa.
The cripple crosses over the mountain, the fool becomes a wise man,

AMDuly iqRBvx sUiJAw gur Byit punIqw ]1] (809-17, iblwvlu, mÚ 5)
anDhulay taribhavan soojhi-aa gur bhayt puneetaa. ||1||
and the blind man sees the three worlds, by meeting with the True Guru and being purified. ||1||

mihmw swDU sMg kI sunhu myry mIqw ] (809-17, iblwvlu, mÚ 5)
mahimaa saaDhoo sang kee sunhu mayray meetaa.
This is the Glory of the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; listen, O my friends.

mYlu KoeI koit AG hry inrml Bey cIqw ]1] rhwau ] (809-18, iblwvlu, mÚ 5)
mail kho-ee kot agh haray nirmal bha-ay cheetaa. ||1|| rahaa-o.
Filth is washed away, millions of sins are dispelled, and the consciousness becomes immaculate and pure. ||1||Pause||

AYsI Bgiq goivMd kI kIit hsqI jIqw ] (809-18, iblwvlu, mÚ 5)
aisee bhagat govind kee keet hastee jeetaa.
Such is devotional worship of the Lord of the Universe, that the ant can overpower the elephant.

Thanks for your thoughts!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: