• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Sad News As Distant Relative Shot To Death On Last Day Of Work

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Scholarship to be established in Tony Name:

Crime Scene KC

6a00d83451b1b869e201310fbcdabd970c-pi

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
This is just so terrible. My condolences to the grieved family. May Waheguru provide them with the patience to abide by His will...

How mercilessly he pulled the trigger for 30-40 dollars is just too shocking... no value of life...

New college scholarship to honor slain 7-Eleven clerk

Relatives of a 7-Eleven clerk killed in a robbery during his last shift at the store have set up a scholarship fund in his memory.

Donors can mail checks to: MCC Foundation, c/o Tony Singh, 3200 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64111.

A gunman fatally shot Gurpreet “Tony” Singh, 35, early Wednesday at 8501 E. Bannister Road even though Singh cooperated with all the gunman’s demands. The holdup was recorded on the store’s video surveillance system. Kansas City police still are investigating leads.

Singh was preparing to start a new full-time job next week at a Kansas City hospital. He leaves behind two children, ages 7 and 9, who are being raised by Singh’s brother, Gurbhushan Singh.

Gurbhushan Singh said the family will take care of the educational expenses for the children. Relatives instead wanted to start a scholarship fund to benefit students at Penn Valley Community College who have overcome obstacles to achieve academic success.

Donors can mail checks to: MCC Foundation, c/o Tony Singh, 3200 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64111.

Relatives also have set funeral arrangements. Visitation will be next Friday, March 26, from 2 to 4 p.m. at Langsford Funeral Homes, 115 SW Third Street in Lee’s Summit. Services are 6 p.m. March 26 at the Midwest Sikh Association, 6834 Pflumm Road in Shawnee.

“Everyone is welcome,” said Gurbhushan Singh. “Our religion embraces everyone and I think Tony would like it if a lot of people came.”

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
It is true - no more than about 50.00 USD is ever kept in the cash register at most convenience stories like the 711. These are very dangerous jobs as the location of such stores sets them off by parking lots. So the store workers are somewhat isolated, and exposed to criminals like these. Hours are long into the night. Tony Singh took on these risks out of love for his family. It is obvious from the video that he was held in high regard by those who knew him. Truly this is a tragedy. My condolences to them and to you.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Just seems mindless.

I was talking to his brother in law yesterday, who lives near me, and he just thinks this is all mindless.

The robber had taken the money and still shot him. Total disregard or respect for human life.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: