• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Jainism Relation With Jainism

Jul 13, 2004
UK
[I would have posted this in the Jainism forum but there isn't one!]

I will make this short, [on vacation atm].

Jainism and Sikhism's similarities

Jains lead a pure life, they have to become 'God like' in order to reach bliss. Sikhs have to become as 'God like' as humanly possible in order to reach bliss.
The difference I see with this is, as Sikhs believe in God, they worship him in order to merge with him. Jains worship the Jinas as see them as role models to what they should be, same in Sikhi but obviously the Guru's aren't worshipped.

I guess there is a clear similarity with Buddhism here as well.

~CaramelChocolate~
The little philosopher

Jul 13, 2004
UK
Maize said:
Look hard enough and with an open mind and heart and similarities between all religions can be found.
Maize ji while I see the good intention to your response and fully agree with what you have said, please respond to such threads involving in the debate rather than just trying to summarise and put a stop to such debates with inspiring quotes... [sorry if I have offended you]... I do see such comments as a good contribution to SPN, so please do post any passing quotes or thoughts like these you may have in the inspiration section. :)

Maize

SPNer
Jan 8, 2005
USA
I didn't realize this was a debate. No one else had posted, so I thought I'd post what sprang to mind. It was certainly not my intention to stop this thread as you have so accused. Sorry to have posted on the wrong forum.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM