• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hard Talk Recurring Thoughts on India under a Triumphant Narendra Modi

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
So according to your twisted logic Punjabis voting for Congress which fields 57 percent criminal candidates is okay but hindus voting for BJP with 39 percent criminal candidates is wrong .

no, my logic has no twists... read again, I am saying both are wrong! :)

ashdoc

Movie Critic
SPNer
Jul 19, 2011
no, my logic has no twists... read again, I am saying both are wrong! :)

Since everybody is fielding criminals , are we supposed to abandon democracy ? One has to vote for some party and BJP actually has lesser criminal candidates percentage wise than congress .

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
With full majority, who is stopping BJP from shunting out the ministers with criminal records from the party?

ashdoc

Movie Critic
SPNer
Jul 19, 2011
With full majority, who is stopping BJP from shunting out the ministers with criminal records from the party?

They have just been elected and no one is going to go for such a major reshuffle so soon . Also are you saying that Congress will shunt out criminals if they are elected with full majority ? Probably not . Both are same in that respect .

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
L
So according to your twisted logic Punjabis voting for Congress which fields 57 percent criminal candidates is okay but hindus voting for BJP with 39 percent criminal candidates is wrong .
Lol, brother, Punjab has 16 million Sikh population and 15 million Non sikh population which has 10 million plus HINDU population.

So, please dont make it a PUNJABI vs HINDU Fight XD. which is perhaps the signature Move of BJP ;-)

ashdoc

Movie Critic
SPNer
Jul 19, 2011
L

Lol, brother, Punjab has 16 million Sikh population and 15 million Non sikh population which has 10 million plus HINDU population.

So, please dont make it a PUNJABI vs HINDU Fight XD. which is perhaps the signature Move of BJP ;-)

You are the one talking about a fight. I am not . I deliberately said Punjabi not Sikh because I know hindus are there large numbers in Punjab . In fact their population is growing in percentage because they are less addicted to drugs that Pakistan is pushing to demoralise sikhs . Instead of concentrating on this problem of shrinking population of Sikhs if you think BJP/RSS is the main problem then you will remain in your own world while hindus will become majority in Punjab .

Here is an article by a Sikh that outlines some of your problems . Maybe it will din some sense in you---

Last edited:

ashdoc

Movie Critic
SPNer
Jul 19, 2011

Meanwhile after this thread was started on 28 may , later on 6 June pro khalistan slogans were raised at golden temple on 35th anniversary of operation blue star and naked swords unleashed . So even if you people may deny it , there is no doubt about a pro khalistan undercurrent in Anti BJP rantings of Sikhs .

Meanwhile some justice for Sikhs in 84 riots is occurring in BJP rule . If Congress rules nothing will happen .

Last edited:

Loveisthereason

Writer
SPNer
Apr 6, 2019
Majority of the Hindu population in Punjab side with the Sikh population when it comes to voting even in the diaspora Hindu punjabis align with Sikhs, this is an important move as it has not always been the case. Hindus are waking up to what is best for their future.

The dwindling Sikh population has not made much difference where poverty is concerned, Punjab and Kerala are the only 2 states which have fought hunger to above acceptable standards. The decrease in Sikh population is more to do with the continuing exodus of Sikhs going abroad I don't think anyone has done a credible study on this topic the immigration is astounding.

Apart from this the majority of problems Punjab faces today can only be understood through the lens of intelligence agencies activities, punjab can therefore not be held responsible for its progress this is why a strong federal policy is needed. In the face of this Sikhs have every right to take steps towards self determination this is a right defined in the preamble to the United Nations. No one can stop this agitation because it is a fundamental human right.

It was mentioned before that there is not much choice when it comes to political parties they are both doused in maleficium. To deny this would be extraordinary and delusional, a publicity campaign does not stop Modi being the criminal that he is it's almost as if evading justice makes one popular, any person of sound mind knows this to be false. So unfortunately we are in a situation where we will look back to the current climate with disbelief and then people will come up with fancy arguments to justify what they once felt to be oh so acceptable. This is the comedy of the indian tryst with its destiny. Of course India is not alone with its incongruence this trend is global.

On a more positive note, promotion of the Sikh identity has started to gather pace in the diaspora, it was at one time limited to the Anglo Canadian communities but recently more countries have started to raise awareness of Sikhism especially within universities and college campuses, chairs and endowments have increased, media has started to engage with local Sikh population rather than relying on voices from community leaders or the "prominent sikhs". This is important as gauging majority opinion has always been stifled by foreign governments with vested interests, this in turn will start to open up the debate surrounding the aspirations of the Sikh people. I think for too long we have focused on the existential concerns of Sikhs as opposed to the existential concerns of Sikhism, and Sikhism will show to have something unique to add to the world platform, something which sadly could not be founded within the indian project.

ashdoc

Movie Critic
SPNer
Jul 19, 2011
self determination

Sitting in safe quarters in some place like Canada or Britain , it is very easy to talk of self determination .

Anyway I have decided to quit the thread , as I have made my points and don't wish to add anything . I will continue with my movie reviews .

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Got this in my whatsapp... what excuse do you have for this... as I said politics of hate is blind... it needs to stop... period...

kashmiri-sikh-1.jpeg

Loveisthereason

Writer
SPNer
Apr 6, 2019
Why is it only safe to talk about self determination abroad? You have shot yourself in the foot here. Under international law it is illegal to deny self determination of any individual or group of people. This is the mindset of tyranny that cannot comprehend dissent and sees calls for secession as a crime. We are well within our rights to openly decide on a future homeland of our own and we can choose where that land will be. I don't believe in a Sikh state or country because I believe we have proven that sovereign self expression is not defined by territorial boundaries.

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
100 Children died in Muzzaffar nagar due to ill equiped Hospitals and Lack of infratructure in Hospitals.
Dont Know How Modi is Defending India...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: